Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Activity: December
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(01-01-2016, 04:49 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Cap 8s, Jumpdrives, Cloaks
That doesn't sound too good. I'd rather haver other stuff. I mean I can just get this stuff by trading. But sometimes it seems like everything related to factions that is not RP is very tedious.

We are planning IC| to get official and I even had a hard time figuring out how I would request changes. (Maybe to get stations moved. Or a nice fitting commodity for IC| - Yes I do have an idea.)
(01-01-2016, 04:57 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2016, 04:49 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2016, 04:45 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2016, 02:49 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda sucks when most active members share up to six different factions.

Playerbase can't support the number of factions that currently exist on this server. It's similar to the argument that too many systems spread the dwindling playerbase thin. I'd be all for removing/reducing faction requirements to remain official, however as history shows, all that does is remove the incentive for all factions to remain active.

If you want to incentivize people to fly give out rewards for certain activity goals reached. Cap 8s, Jumpdrives, Cloaks, etc. Reward people for flying more, don't punish them for not flying (especially during a busy time of the year when people are with their families)

It's the job of faction leaders to incentivize their faction members, not the Admins. The factions mentioned have suffered low activity for a long while now, not just during the holidays.

Faction leaders play the game for the sake of playing the game too, you know. That attitude actually reinforces the cult of personality hole which factions fall into that the admin team was trying to avoid last I checked.
(01-01-2016, 03:31 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Dude seriously it's the holidays lol.

No excuse tbh. We can see the combined activity from 3 months now. If a faction was dead this month, dead last month and dead the month before then it means it's not alive.
This wave of butthurt is the best salary I could ever get for this admin job, and yellow butthurt is especially good [:
If Admins need to hand out goodies for factions to remain active, then the faction ceases to support itself and should be shut down. Active, motivated faction leaders, create active factions. See Jack and Lyth as good examples. There are others. On the other hand, inactivity at the top creates inactivity throughout. My experience has shown me that less involvement on the part of Admins regarding factions is typically best. Perks are nice, but they don't generate any real activity on the part of factions as a whole and instead, create a self-entitled environment where the Admins are expected to assume the responsibility of keeping factions alive. At some point, a faction has to determine whether it is viable on its own, or it is not. If they cannot make that decision, then the Admins have to make it, as is the case here.
5 members logging for 1 hour in a month and a total of 24 hours is not too hard, guys :/
You can do it!
*gets hot cheerleaders*
Running checks are fine. The wording of the OP and ensuing admin posts are honestly disgraceful though.
(01-01-2016, 05:49 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]If Admins need to hand out goodies for factions to remain active, then the faction ceases to support itself and should be shut down. Active, motivated faction leaders, create active factions. See Jack and Lyth as good examples. There are others. On the other hand, inactivity at the top creates inactivity throughout. My experience has shown me that less involvement on the part of Admins regarding factions is typically best. Perks are nice, but they don't generate any real activity on the part of factions as a whole and instead, create a self-entitled environment where the Admins are expected to assume the responsibility of keeping factions alive. At some point, a faction has to determine whether it is viable on its own, or it is not. If they cannot make that decision, then the Admins have to make it, as is the case here.

Aw thanks Garrett, happy new year <3
(01-01-2016, 03:02 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]upstanding honest players who PMed admins on skype
I will find you, I swear!

P.S. Not like I'm against [RHA] losing its status, we do not deserve to exist, not speaking about being official. Still, I WILL FIND YOU!
To be honest I imagine there's a dozen or more factions not mentioned in the original post that probably don't have 5 active members. A faction does not need 5 active members to contribute positively to the server. But I've already suggested reducing this number and despite the vast majority agreeing it didn't happen, so no point discussing that really.

24 hours however should be easily achievable for any serious faction with two or more motivated members.
Pages: 1 2 3 4