Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Signature length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:Any image or animated file in either a signature or avatar is limited to a file size of 1MB. This is to help with downloading and forum access issues for those members who are not on high-speed.

The 1MB limit is in place for all embedded pictures or animated files!
Any posts containing files over 1MB will be removed without warning.

This rule is now known as limiting the Sprolf Bandwagon.

Giving it a bump. This is taking overhand again. Also read the rest of this topic and have a look into Posting Large Images, Don't do it!! resizing or linking is your friend! as well, since you are already paying attention.

~Malexa
Hi!!:)

Time for well overdue bumpy-type reminder:

Forum Rule Wrote:6. Signatures should not exceed 250 px (15 lines of text) height or 700 px wide. Signatures that exceed this limit will be edited with or without warning. http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1345
All signature areas need to fit within this 700x250 box.
[Image: SigTemplate.jpg]
That means everything in the sig in total. Pics, links, quotes...everything

Seven days from now, I will begin removing oversized sigs on sight, so at some point from now until this time next week, I highly recommend you doublecheck yours & make sure it's within or under the stated specifications, that way you won't have to worry about the whole thing simply disappearing

Just a reminder: 2 more days
[Image: 5915ats204.jpg]
Then, I'm goin' all nerfy & making oversized sigs go boom on sight.

Another reminder y'all: In less than 24 hours, oversized sigs will be shot on sight & thrown into a river like a sack of stray kittens. If you haven't taken the time yet to doublecheck yours, it would behoove you to do it ASAP. Alrighty?
OK y'all, final bumpy reminder time: In about 3 hours, I'm going to begin removing oversized sigs on sight.

I've given everyone 1 week & have given multiple reminders, so go double check yours right now & make sure the contents within the entire sig area doesn't exceed 700x250
By going through just a few threads, I've nerfed about 10 sigs in 10 minutes... so, like I've been saying all week, check your sig area & make sure that it doesn't exceed the max.

To be clear (because a very large number of you seem to be confused) if your pic is at the max of 700x250 you cannot add anything else to your area. No quotes, no links ect. If you do want to have the little bells & whistles like that, you need to shrink your primary pic to a smaller size in order to accommodate.
Many of you still don't seem to understand that your sig is more than just a pic.

When a person goes to 'my controls' & clicks into 'edit signature' every single thing a person ultimately adds in there should not exceed 700x250 in total.

It's every ones individual responsibility to make sure they know what their complete sig size is & that it remains within limits...otherwise, poof! it's gone.
For the past few months, things have been pretty smooth on the sig front & you guys get a big thanks for that.

That said, I just wanted to bump up a reminder cause I've been seeing multiple overages in the past couple of days and I invite you all to double check yours.

Remember: the 700x250 limit includes anything & everything you add into your signature area in total

Those that exceed it will be removed/replaced...y'all know the drill
:P

Time for another reminder on the sigsize limits because I've been noticing that some people have been flatly ignoring it in spite of being fully aware of what the limits are.

Consider this your notification if you happen to find yours removed.

Best thing to do is check your sig & make sure yours is within spec

[Image: FaultmobileReplacementSig.png]
huh. Go figure. I could have sworn I bumped this puppy back in December...obviously, I was wrong. my bad.:mellow:

Anyhoo, a reminder is clearly overdue.

Read up on the previous posts & then check your sig areas. If yours exceeds the max limit of 250x700, then please fix 'em or you may, for example, find yours unceremoniously replaced with that portrait up there of Burgswine & Sidefault

Alrighty?

edit- Full disclosure: when I posted this originally, my brain was still in 'verse mode' from whoring myself on Joes poetry corner. Was it Joes fault or Zelots? I think it was the former than the latter, but I'm compelled to blame Zelot...hell, y'all know how it goes.
Pages: 1 2 3