Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Oh, Alabama Shipyard has it's proper price. Just a shame that the Core Bribe has disappeared so no one can actually land there.
There is more wrong about the mining system.
The "feeling" has changed since the implemenation of Vipex's changes and now.
Field drain is in, some fields are clearly not standardized now.
For me, it feels like a corrupted version of different mining settings.

Will run testing tomorrow, but... something IS definitely wrong now.
Any anomalies in asteroid density and drop rate is randomisation on Freelancers part, FLHook not working properly or simply personal perception fooling you.
Every field has its loot probability and amount set to the exact same, similarly with the amount of dynamic asteroids flying around.
And the fields should regenerate at 100000 units per minute if the lines are working properly.
Some mining fields within an asteroid field are defined within a seperate ini, hence why some dynamic asteroids in the field have no loot. But the mining field itself produces their 20 dynamic asteroids around you independent of that.

Regarding PScrap@Valence: I've updated the OP while the server file changes only apply at the restart. Valence should have the price then.
And yes, Freeport 11 should have its Core bribe restored soon. I also like the idea of making Valetta and Tripoli other full-efficiency salepoints for PScrap, but hesitated to put it in for now to give it some more thought.

In raw format, every asteroid field has these settings for the aforementioned behavior.

[DynamicAsteroids]
asteroid = <dAsteroid_arch>
count = 20
[...]

[LootableZone]
[...]
asteroid_loot_count = 1, 2
dynamic_loot_count = 1, 5
asteroid_loot_difficulty = 50
dynamic_loot_difficulty = 1

[ZoneBonus]
mining_field_name, 1, 100000, 500000
BMF was a big mining corporation, we mine for everyone in this server, after these changes we don't mine at all, thanks dev. team, good job! also, take care you may kill the roleplay of miners..
Why don't you keep mining? Gold is still good.
(01-18-2016, 09:26 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you keep mining? Gold is still good.

For many years mining hasn't been just good, it has been amazing, so amazing that nothing else came close, people have had a long time to become comfortable with those massive profits, you guys had to know that suddenly nerfing it this hard would put off a lot of players.
In My Medical Opinion, somebody has buffed the IMG field in Dublin. I'm mining about 100 Gold Ore per asteroid. Kinda strange.
The Chester Hole field is "independent", not IMG field.
And it is the only one in dublin that is working.
And it has some weird additional multiplier that makes it 300 % faster than it should be. That was a dirty fix that appeared some while ago because Gold ore was - for unknown reasons - really worse than other ore types, even though the numbers were the same. But the 300 % buff was too much. Smile
I honestly think that's the best option. It is partially a quasilawful commodity originating from Texas, so if it's being traded flat out to the two unlawful sellpoints it's going to be hauled mostly by unlawfuls. They themselves will be in danger the entire way to their destination, so the price should reward them accordingly. In the case of Alpha for Junkers, both of the routes they have to pass through Kusari controlled space where they are also unlawful.
Now the Platinium Ore for DSE are down 2k each

Main seller 2k down and the alt give more credits lol

The last Update
(07-29-2015, 11:43 AM)The Angels Wrote: [ -> ]Platinum Ore: $10,171 at Waterloo Station, New London.
$10,290 at Planet New Berlin, New Berlin.

And Now
(01-04-2016, 10:52 AM)LordVipex Wrote: [ -> ]MAIN - Bretonia - New London - Waterloo Station - $8736
ALT - Rheinland - New Berlin - Planet New Berlin - $10290
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20