Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(01-21-2016, 04:05 PM)Vito Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2016, 04:00 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2016, 02:55 PM)Vito Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Silver ore is now sold in Gamma for ~8.5k, as opposed to ~10.3k a couple of days ago. So much for encouraging piracy in the omegas...
For how much it was sold there before this whole mining update was implemented?

I have no Idea, but in the last month or so activity in the extreme south intensified thanks to the high sell price of the silver ore.
I´m asking because I think (but I´m not sure) there was not any selling point at all before. So while I understand that lowering the price won´t make people happy, I would avoid suggesting it is discouraging piracy, because it is still 8,5k credits better selling point that it was before the update. Especially when it´s only four jumps through quite safe space from the piracy source spot in O-7/O-3.
(01-21-2016, 04:16 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2016, 04:05 PM)Vito Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2016, 04:00 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2016, 02:55 PM)Vito Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Silver ore is now sold in Gamma for ~8.5k, as opposed to ~10.3k a couple of days ago. So much for encouraging piracy in the omegas...
For how much it was sold there before this whole mining update was implemented?

I have no Idea, but in the last month or so activity in the extreme south intensified thanks to the high sell price of the silver ore.
I´m asking because I think (but I´m not sure) there was not any selling point at all before. So while I understand that lowering the price won´t make people happy, I would avoid suggesting it is discouraging piracy, because it is still 8,5k credits better selling point that it was before the update. Especially when it´s only four jumps through quite safe space from the piracy source spot in O-7/O-3.

I think you misread what I said, so here we go again: I'm not saying it is discouraging piracy. I'm saying that the high price was bringing a much needed activity boost to the unlawful factions in that area, mainly corsairs and hessians, which are struggling anyway. I appreciate the dev's intention of adding those sell points to bring activity up and I was happy to see it actually worked. However, in the last couple of hours two people contacted me on skype asking if I wanna buy two corsair transports and when I asked about why they are selling them I was told the selling price was lowered.
Luckily for us down there we got used to being ignored a long time ago and that this wasn't my main concern and I only posted it as a PS to the main problem, which is things being done silently, without a single line of text.

I am not asking for explanations as to why it was done, I am not asking to reverse it or to make any changes at all, I trust the devs to do what's best for the sever. All I want is for the dev team to announce this kind of changes, nothing more
On a Gamma note: Is there any information available as to what the plans with Artifacts are? Will the Corsairs' ability to mine them finally be useful? It could be seen as a benefit, where as you can buy them if your not a corsair but if you are you can just mine your self up and be on your way or pay a corsair to fill you up instead
OP: Why fix something that wasn't broken?
Mining system was broken but the changes that were implemented weren't really the best way to go about fixing it.
(02-05-2016, 08:21 PM)The Professor Wrote: [ -> ]OP: Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Mining was pretty broken and getting fairly stale on top of it, the original plan for the update was much more harsh but luckily the devs listened to the community and toned it down a bit. It definitely still has some problems but they seem to be trying to iron it out. Unlawful sellpoints for ore is an awesome addition at least.
Buff the Valetta PScrap sellpoint. ;w;
I'm not really worried about the buff of prices, but I am sad to see that there are considerably less lawful sell points for almost all mineable commodities.
Can't we apply the simple rule of normal commodities "the farther it is, the more money in gives", just triple/quaduple the "normal commodities'" price?
Uncut Diamonds

[+]Uncut Diamonds - Omega-11

MAIN - Bretonia - New London - Waterloo Station - $8337
ALT - Gallia - Lyonnais - Roanne Production Facility - $13132

Main route is only 4 systems? how come? maybe you should change this to Liberty or Kusari.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20