Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(06-29-2016, 08:09 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2016, 07:42 AM)LordVipex Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2016, 07:14 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Outcasts cannot into mining, what a sad day.

Soon™, just a bit of patience please.

Give Outcasts and Corsairs the same field and minable commodity and place it at an equal distance from Gamma and Alpha.

all
my
yes
^^^

listen to this man
(06-29-2016, 09:21 AM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2016, 08:09 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2016, 07:14 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Outcasts cannot into mining, what a sad day.

Give Outcasts and Corsairs the same field and minable commodity and place it at an equal distance from Gamma and Alpha.

all
my
yes
^^^

listen to this man

^
why highest sell point in Manhattan ? I noticed some ppl who does smuggling trade they drop their cargo in space and log in lawful char and selling in Manhattan, like the artifacts highest sell point in Manhattan. Even close high sell point NL, ppl will sell for high price. Would be nice to get a bit higher price in junkers base and reduce the high price from the lawful station, please.
I think a lot of people have been excited about this for quite some time. Looks very promising.
Some things I'm noticing: Xeno artifacts are balanced at around 690 credits/s (normal ores are around 640).
Iridium is balanced like other ores, with a standard price at Dortmund, 90% at the sair and cast shipyards and 70% at the other unlawful/Junker buyers.
I'm not sure how Azurite is balanced but it's definitely using a longer mining constant time than the standard 480 seconds which makes sense when you consider the mining rate is supposed to be "very slow".

One question: Iridium is "Mined by AI, Core, Order and Zoners at 3x bonus" and Azurite is "Mined by Core, Order and IRG at 3x bonus."
Does this mean that IRG get a bonus on Azurite but regular Zoners do not? Do IRG get a bonus on Iridium?
It's unprecedented that an official faction gets an ore indies cannot mine and I hope that's not what's going on here.

Finally, regarding the ships: The Clydesdale and Rhino are already balanced as Quad-turret mining freighters giving Core and Order a big advantage. The X-Shuttle/Voyager is useless for mining as it has only one forward turret.
The Dromedary and Correo only have two parallel turrets so Zoner and Corsairs should consider requesting another freighter (maybe the Sunburst).

Alright, it was just funny to see all omicron factions getting mining commodities, but Outcasts.
(06-29-2016, 12:51 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]

Alright, it was just funny to see all omicron factions getting mining commodities, but Outcasts.

You have weeeeeeeeeeeeed. Agroculture. So grow up some weed for us
I'd argue that Zoners don't really have anything to back up Iridium mining (I've probably triggered several dozen people) but I think there's wider implications beyond that.

Omicrons are completely lacking any sort of real piracy activity. When the notion of Iridium mining implementation was announced I was hopeful that we'd finally start to see some piracy in the region, which in turn would greatly help finally create the ambient activity the region needs. However from a activity/diplomatic POV it worries me greatly that a neutral ID which pretty much every unlawful ID relies on to use their bases for pirate activity has access to the highest mining bonus on Iridium. Combine that with the recent change whereby CoF laws can be enforced system-wide, we're pretty much just going to see unlawful players locked out of any Omicron piracy dare they risk an FR5 that will just utterly neuter their unlawful activities elsewhere. And whilst there are 3 other IDs with the same bonus, arguably the Zoner ID is already extremely attractive for trading and there's no doubt it's going to be a more attractive ID for mining too.

Instead I'd much prefer if Corsairs got a mining bonus on Iridium. Many people are discontent that the Corsairs have been forcefully 'booted out' of Omicron Delta and the southern Omicrons in general. If Corsairs got a mining bonus on Iridium and say the Iridium field was in Omicron Delta rather than lost, Delta would basically become an Edge Worlds version of Tau-23 and be a great melting pot of activity of IDs from all parts of the alignment spectrum. It'd definitely encourage Corsairs to come back into that region in all forms, and furthermore it also still puts the AI IDs in good proximity to the field, rather than (seemingly) making it exclusive for Core, Order and Zoner IDs. The level of ambient activity would be amazing. I actually made a concept map a while back of a more (imo) activity-catering Omicron Delta. Although Azurite is kinda doing this minus Corsairs and AI which is kinda the same I guess, but I'd feel Iridium might fit that bill better RP and activity wise.

Inb4 "haha ur only saying this cus u hate Zoners!!11"

If not for people flippantly dishing out FR5s and Zoner players forcefully enforcing their neutrality on people then a Zoner mining bonus would be completely harmless. However unfortunately that is not the case. All in all I don't feel like a Zoner bonus on Iridium is going to be healthy for activity in the long run. Quasi-lawful FR5s are extremely problematic for activity when it comes to unlawful factions. Leave it to the actual factions that are based in the Omicrons, because those IDs are the ones that need a boon to their player bases (especially in the case of factions like AI/PRIME).

As a slightly zany suggestion, maybe give Nomads a mining bonus on some new commodity? It could be like what old normal scrap used to be for Junkers, but with better balancing I'd hope. If it was placed in somewhere like Iota, it'd create ambient activity in the Nomad home system and provide incentive for factions like Core and Order to raid (Iota has always been incredibly empty). And Nomads are a race of aliens, not just outright monsters. Creating some sort of, dare I say, 'civilian' life of them could be a possibility, right? A bit of resource gathering for their cause?
I would suggest that new ores are made !TEMPORARILY! a fair deal better than older ores to promote their mining and character creation/population of said fields.
Oh look another "Zoner FR5's are OP" argument, I was wondering what the next drama item would be
Well FR5s themselves can be damaging to activity. Quasi-lawful ones hurt certain IDs the worst.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20