Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(01-04-2016, 02:27 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I welcome all changes, except for price.
If mining commodities won't be ridiculously overpriced compared to anything else, including contraband, people would simply switch to other money-making activities.
Bring back 10k at sellpoints, keep single routes, cargo piracy and single mining locations. Activity guaranteed.

+1
As someone that struggles to find motivation to trade and mining/ore hauling seems to be the only worthy option for the amount of time you invest, oh dear.

I guess I'll just stay broke and never be able to afford caps, cloaks and etc. then.
(01-04-2016, 02:35 PM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]As someone that struggles to find motivation to trade and mining/ore hauling seems to be the only worthy option for the amount of time you invest, oh dear.

I guess I'll just stay broke and never be able to afford caps, cloaks and etc. then.

Exactly. +1
(01-04-2016, 02:27 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I welcome all changes, except for price.
If mining commodities won't be ridiculously overpriced compared to anything else, including contraband, people would simply switch to other money-making activities, which can be done solo.
Bring back 10k at sellpoints, keep single routes, cargo piracy and single mining locations. Activity guaranteed.
In my opinion 7,5-8,5k would be enough, 10k was really too much and it was killing non-ore trading way too much.
Will these ore destinations also sell the refined products of the ores they buy?
It is complicated to make an artificial economic system, the only way is to make it dynamical and self-sustainable.

Implement demand and saturation curves, let the plugin count daily purchases and sells on the bases, ratio of raw to refined goods and adjust the prices every time server restarts.

To control the frequency and amount of adjustment use some coefficients that will set the dynamics of market (like, - d(cr)/d(good) ) ... For instance +1 credit price increase for every -500 goods taken.
i guess the only way now for miners to make good cash is the mine for the trader and themselves and then switch to their own transport to grab the Ore are take it to the destination.

But also it is good that mining for a pob has been nerfed especially for some locations because holy crap that was fast cash!
Soooooo, mining has seen very little change in what seems like forever other than mining location/sellpoint swaps then all of a sudden a ton of what seem to be a haphazardly thrown together changes are just thrown in out of nowhere that honestly seem to make mining almost pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see some actual changes and some seem to be good ideas but I feel like there are both quite a few crap ones thrown into the mix and the fact that while mining did need nerfing/rebalancing, it definitely did not need to be nerfed from every direction. Why not just implement a few of the changes and see how things work and how people react to the change and go from there, don't understand why anyone would think it would be a good idea to just randomly release so many of these things changes at once other than to say, "Hey look we did all this work changing mining."

EDIT: Also, like others have said the fact that this whole thing seems to pretty much have just ignored countless player suggestions that have been submitted during the period when mining seemed to get little to no changes that contained some pretty good ideas(most recent and the one I am most familiar with was Karst's suggestions that honestly seemed to be better thought out than this). While I do feel like overall the devteam has gotten a bit better about letting the community contribute through suggestions on new ideas and opinions on implemented changes I still feel like there is still a need for a bit more transparency and a willingness to let the community help to contribute on certain aspects. Yes you will never please everyone but I do feel like a lot of the complaints and hating could honestly be mitigated.

(This rambling rant brought to you by lack of sleep)
(01-04-2016, 02:35 PM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]As someone that struggles to find motivation to trade and mining/ore hauling seems to be the only worthy option for the amount of time you invest, oh dear.

'Ey.
Don't feel bad.
You can join the club of people that have about ~12 million left on their bank.
To be honest, it's pretty fun over here.
Well, at least you aren't dying of boredom because of trading/mining.
You're probably dying of boredom because of some other reason, but at least it's not trading or mining. (sun)
i only traded/mined for a single week each ever since i joined this server and i'll never do it again
This kinda hurts credit piracy too, traders won't be willing to pay as much cash knowing their income on each run is less. This only applies to traders that trade ores. But most of the server trades ores for cash.

RIP credit piracy on mollys and hessians QQ
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20