Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Isn't more profitable to mine for your house criminals than travelling 3regions on your Id now ?
Inb4 farmer alliance traders and blood dragons transports being the norm, for example.
(01-04-2016, 02:42 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]But also it is good that mining for a pob has been nerfed especially for some locations because holy crap that was fast cash!
In my opinion it will do exact opposite and people will in most cases mine only for POBs. After the profit nerf, not much miners will be willing to wait for traders in the field because they no longer can ask 2500-4000 credits per unit like they did so far. So if miner wants to have good time/profit ratio, he will just log, mine for the POB and then log off.

(01-04-2016, 02:48 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]This kinda hurts credit piracy too, traders won't be willing to pay as much cash knowing their income on each run is less. This only applies to traders that trade ores. But most of the server trades ores for cash.

RIP credit piracy on mollys and hessians QQ
Pirates will just return to usual demands like 3-5 million per ship instead of 10-20 million per ship. In exchange ore cargo piracy is now finally real and pirates got the option to let miner pay them by ore instead of money.
I think the mining factions will get the biggest hit from this. Leaders of those factions already had a hard time to get people for a big joint mining operation, and with this change it will be even worse.
Indeed, mining factions are hardest hit by this. While you may still be able to eek a small profit out of a quick one-miner-one-transport trip, bigger mining operations (with longer waiting) have completely lost all viability.
These prices are bad, really bad.
Bug: Niobium ore => Gallia

I agree that IMG should send resources to Gallia. That's the only reason they kept IMG there.
This makes IRP sense and I have requested a Niob selling point in Gallia for a while. You made one. Good.

But: The GMS selling point is rephacked no-dock to IMG.

Please put the Niob selling point on a Gallic lawful base, not a Gallic mining base.
[Prepares for piracy audibly]
What do you want to pirate though?
(01-04-2016, 03:39 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: [ -> ] [Prepares for piracy audibly]

Not really
(01-04-2016, 01:51 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]You know, sometimes you didn't even need miner. You just flew to PoB, bought ore and flew away with profit around 35M.

While other factions like Synth Foods, Cryer, Republican(I don't mean Official one), Bowex had nothing to do because their trade routes weren't profitable at all.

So mining factions lost good load of money, but other factions are buffed.

Btw, I haven't seen trader without Ore for weeks.

Edit: Before you go and blame me, I didn't say I agree with those changes. Just brought pros and cons.

Wow. What are you talking about? Bowex leader here - we had plenty to do, with both ore routes and standard commodities. Any inactivity was my fault for failing to provide ample encouragement and motivation, not the economy's. As a matter of a fact, we relied on lore friendly cooperation with BMM in mining operations that have suddenly become unviable. Tongue

Whether you buy ore from a PoB or not, multiple people still had to mine to put it there and haul it to the PoB. Then you've also got folks who maintain the PoB with supplies. If you're trying to simplify the market to 'ore should be nerfed because you can solo trade from a PoB', you're grossly misunderstanding the situation.

PoB markets are - so far as man hours are concerned - far less efficient on the whole than hauling directly from the miner, and generate much more activity. But from the perspective of the end-user who hauls the goods away, they're far more convenient.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20