Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(01-05-2016, 01:50 AM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2016, 01:26 AM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Will this update be redacted if it turns out to be a massive failure in the wrong direction? Some things look good on paper and turn out badly in practice.

It's not even implemented yet. This thread is basically prior warning and a consultation rolled into one.

Redacted. Prices have just now been rolled out, so yeah, Uncuts are now using the prices displayed in the OP, as opposed to the travesty that they used to be.
Hello and

I would like to thank you gents for the fast change. It is seriously appreciated from my side, that you changed the idea fast so it comply with the majority complains
Thank you again for all the work, I know you love Gallia, so watch us (very active group) growing some activity there very soon Wink
Have a nice day, and please don't be disheartened. You are doing a great job and i respect a lot when you decided to go with the majority wishes

Regards,
Malmsteen
Premium scrap on Kyoto is still 6,926 and not 10,180 as advertised.
Excuse me
Did the BMM loose their mining field and bonus?
We are not able to find where our drop rate bonus gone

Thanks in advance
It seems that field drain is on again.
This feature was deemed really bad and was killed off for a good reason by Alley's quick&dirty fix.

Other than that, I have found no mistakes with the mining as it is now.
It looks like a solid update now.
Mining time looks good.
Prices look fine.
Pirate activity is definitely up.

A few things might need to be discussed/adjusted:

> The unlawful selling points are in my opinion too powerful. Even I feel tempted to find a nice camping spot shortly in front of the selling point, and I am as far from a griever as can be. I am for making trading dangerous, but this one goes perhaps a bit too far.

> Existing field locations might need to be changed (already discussed with Molly field). Fields that have PoBs in them should be moved, so that this problem is solved. Field - Base distance should not be less than 15k, in my opinion. E.g. Gold field was moved away from the Molly spot that is covered with a PoB, and the Chester hole got the mining now. E.g. O7 has the same problem. The goal should be imo that the field is 25-30k from NPC bases of every faction that can access it - for gameplay/fairness reasons.

In general, I like it now.
Thank you for listening to the community and for putting in effort.
(01-06-2016, 02:58 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that field drain is on again.
This feature was deemed really bad
The goal should be imo that the field is 25-30k from NPC bases of every faction that can access it - for gameplay/fairness reasons.

+1 and +1
Strange, I did not change anything in regards to field drain. It should still be off if it was before. I'll look into it.
//edit2: I've made the necessary changes to the fieldlines that makes sure that drain is not going to be a problem anymore. Might take a day or two to come online.

Field positions is one of the things I will adress next. I should probably make a roadmap post in that regard.

//edit: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134658
(01-06-2016, 05:28 AM)LordVipex Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, I did not change anything in regards to field drain. It should still be off if it was before. I'll look into it.
//edit2: I've made the necessary changes to the fieldlines that makes sure that drain is not going to be a problem anymore. Might take a day or two to come online.

Great! Thank you.

(01-06-2016, 05:28 AM)LordVipex Wrote: [ -> ]Field positions is one of the things I will adress next. I should probably make a roadmap post in that regard.

//edit: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134658

I have a suggestion for:

> Tau 23: Would be cool if all the fields (Berryl & Niobium) were where now the 3 little Niobium fields are. That's 25-30k from Java and the Gallic BS. GMS and IMG miners could be there. Would help to create a "hot spot", far enough away from Cali (Outcast, 50-60k I guess). 2 larger fields (1 Niob, 1 Berryl) would be appreciated bc GMS and IMG would likely not cuddle while mining. Smile

Reasoning: concentrating "prey" in one area will make Taus go live again. Unlawful selling points make cargo piracy against miners (mine for me or die!) a viable thing, and 2 lawful factions could respond (GRN/IMG) to OC activities. Also separating GMS and IMG by putting them on 2 opposite sides of the map is unnecessary and only dilutes action. Fairnesswise, distances to dockable base are the same for GMS and IMG.
So Gallia has NO ores now?
EDIT: Okay I see Aluminium is still in Picardy.

The changes are still pretty harsh to most routes now, the PoB in Picardy should do fine though Big Grin
Then again, the route has been changed and made longer by about 3 systems and is also less profitable than it used to be, GG
Argh.... this.... bah.... disagree with mining nerf !!!!! It was enough "dirty work" and now is worst....

I see almost no one taking in count the time needed for a miner for fill up a transport for JUST SOME COINS....

As a lot of people said... i think is time to sell all my miners and just tradding solo...

(01-04-2016, 01:28 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Was any mining faction even contacted before these changes were made? You know, the player groups your changes directly involve? The ones who know the little quirks about each specific field inside out?

Totally agree with sindroms... Prior a change like these, players involved directly should be contacted first. If not, Dev team would be do it in the wrong way if they dont know the "thing" in first person.

(After 3 years asking.... would be possible just to add a key for "drop all cargo"? This is really useful for miners)

EDIT: Omg.... it is supposed field draining is OFF??? Looks like its totally ON and depletion going FAST!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20