Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GB Razors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
What exactly was the thinking here?
Razors were already kind of a gimmick loadout on gunboats, now their range is halved, their damage is halved, and they are slot-limited. If the idea was to ensure that they become entirely useless in every imaginable combat situation, mission accomplished.

Basics are still go-to for anti-everything and now completely outclass razors against snubs as well as any other shipclass. Solaris for even more consistency in hitting snubs.

Am I missing something here or are razors just entirely useless now?
Good. The instakill ability was stupid and should definitely be nerfed in favour of a more gradual, albeit still high-speed damage dealer.
Just what I was about to ask. I was ready to jump back into a pulse and razor gunboat, (My aiming sucks, so it's a bit of a challenge) Just to find out that I can barely mount two underpowered razors on a ship. Thus, on some ships, these heavy slots get placed on rather useless spots.
by the way, the dispersion on the cerbs is also a little bit too much...
(01-06-2016, 03:41 PM)James Greed Wrote: [ -> ]Just what I was about to ask. I was ready to jump back into a pulse and razor gunboat, (My aiming sucks, so it's a bit of a challenge)

TS/TZ negates all ''skill'' involved with razors. Just right click when a shieldless enemy's marker is overlapped by your cursor, this is not rocket science.
Oh no. Gunboats got balanced.

I say its about time. Razors were irritating insta-kill guns. Cerbs were "kill everything" weapons. Good riddance.
(01-06-2016, 03:43 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]TS/TZ negates all ''skill'' involved with razors. Just right click when a shieldless enemy's marker is overlapped by your cursor, this is not rocket science.
I could hit things. It was surprising. But since, I used light cored GBs, I usually ended up deep fried.
(01-06-2016, 03:40 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]Good. The instakill ability was stupid and should definitely be nerfed in favour of a more gradual, albeit still high-speed damage dealer.

So....basics?

Cerbs were no longer "kill everything" weapons since their massive dispersion increase.

Razors were not the problem. Basics are.
They take no power, can easily hit snubs, can hit everything else in range consistently. Why would anybody use a razor now when they could just use more basics?
Why not just replace Razors with slow-firing slow-turning high-damage anti-cap variant of Zappers? Would make sense.

Also, no touching basics. They don't even fire in straight line anymore. Why not just remove gunboats then for good, instead of making it a class that nobody wants to fly? Not everyone are as skilled as top PVP players and such criteria should never be a reason for nerfs.

Why to nerf something on basis what best players can do, making it unplayable for "peasants", such as myself?
Yes, basics.

The instakill function of zoomed razors was generally a bad mechanic and this being changed is a positive modification to gunboats.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6