Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Possible new Omicron Zeta system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello freelancer fans,

I've just learned how to design systems (working on it for one week now) :D, it's time consuming work but very fun to do, especially the new stories that goes with the new system.
The system is called Omicron Zeta; it's basically an Outcast system. Although the major houses would disagree about the claim of the outcast over this system. The system has two JH for now, I dont think their will be many more to follow, because I dont like too many JH in one system.
Back on the story of the system. So the system is for the most part controlled by the Outcast but recently the Kusari have found their way in at the edge of the system and are fighting the Outcast for control of the system. The story with the Outcast and the Kusari Military follows the story about the Bretonia and Kusari War. The Outcast have a loose alliance with Bretonia. I always found it strange that their wasnt a system where the Outcast would encounter the Kusari. The Kusari system is so close to Omicron Alpha, so now they do. :yahoo:

Since Im learning how to make new systems I wanted to show some nice pictures. I hope you all can appreciate the pictures from the Omicron Zeta system. I really would like it if my system could be added to the Discovery mod in the near future. I want to fight the Kusari with my Outcast sabre :cool:
Here are the pictures from the Omicron Zeta system so far. Yes there is a shipyard in the system. Always wondered where the Outcast made their Cap ships and fighters now you know from the previous unknown Omicron Zeta system. :laugh:
[Image: CobaltRavenOmicronZeta.jpg]

[Image: CobaltRavenOmicronZeta1.jpg]

[Image: CobaltRavenOmicronZeta2.jpg]
some pictures of some of the green nebula's.
[Image: screen47.jpg]

[Image: screen44.jpg]
looks nice - but you also gotto keep track on the lore. - not sure if the outcasts are able to build biodomes for example...

about the looks of it. - colouring is OK but the sun is a bit strange. - a purple / white sun, but the whole system is greenish yet not "cloudy"... maybe you could dye the sun a bit to be more greenish and remove the biodomes from the base....

and adjust the factions. - i see hackers there... certainly they are wrong when its an outcast / kusari system.

furthermore .... placing a dreadnaught into a non guard system might.... upset the owners of the current guard system that claim to be the only source of the dreadnaught.

edit: ok, that sounded all like im only complaining.... but really, the images look very good. - for 4.85 it might be a bit late though...
Im gonna take up designing systems, looks good.

EDIT: Is that a Bretonia BS in the shipyard frame?
I like the look of the system, Jinx is correct in my opinion, green clouds and a green sun to complete the look.

Outcasts with Kusari patrols, MAYBE Bounty Hunters since they seem to be everywhere these days but that is up to you on submission.

I am not sure that the 'Earth' like planet in an Omicron would fit. A Gas Giant maybe? Because if the Outcasts get their mitts on a human hospitable planet, like the Gaia class. The power balance would swing heavily in the pirate internal war. (Outcast + Allies vs Corsairs + Allies).

Is Ash right? The capital looks either like a Bretonia Battleship, or a Liberty Carrier, I can't make it out...

But I do want to take a ship through that system. Looks great!
Thanks Jinx.

About the Bio domes The Outcast are experimenting on growing cardi in the domes. You can see the planet near the shipyard right. As you know the Outcast cant live long without cardi so they wanted a second planet where cardi grows so if something would happen with Malta they still had a planet to go to. So far they havent much success in growing it on the planet. So you see its more a research dome then to produce food like the Zoners do. (on that story though I cant find out what is so hard to make a bio dome, its only difficult to grow food in such a place but Im talking about cardi. And the outcast surely got enough money to get the plans to make one lol, but thats another discussion).
The part about the Cap ship is that the ships only get build in agreement with the guard factions you cant own one without their consent. Maybe you cant even buy one at this base but maybe they make them for the guard members and are shipped to the guard systems. :cool:
The other remark you had was about the sun and the green background. Theyre many green nebula fields in the system so not to worry about that lol. And not all green systems have got a green sun. :)
The part about the factions its true I already removed the LH faction from the zones. ;)

Otherwise I hoped you liked the pictures.
' Wrote:Im gonna take up designing systems, looks good.

EDIT: Is that a Bretonia BS in the shipyard frame?
It's the old Outcast Dread.
Hi Fletcher

Nice you like the system.
About the planet looks dont tell everything lol.
All the current plants are toxic for human consumption and the water is way too salty so they have to get their water from elsewhere. The Outcast choose this planet to experiment on growing cardi at a different place then only on Malta. If you where an Outcast surely you would try the same. And only the atmospheric properties correlate with that of Malta. The planet hasnt got a big enough populous to cause harm to the balance of the game, its a small research planet as I mentioned before. :)
If it's a small research planet, then why not decrease the planet size to that of a large moon?
' Wrote:If it's a small research planet, then why not decrease the planet size to that of a large moon?

After looking at the planets again from a distance i agree with you that i have to change the earth like planet to a planet more suitable for the omicron systems. You all are right on the planet base i have to change that.

If there are more things players would like in the omicron Zeta system please let me know. I especially would like input from Outcast and from Kusari players (Blood dragons and GC also) since they would play in this system.
I love the whole idea and all, but could you tell us more about JH directions and probably base names? (or planet if available)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4