Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I want either less powergaming or a bigger chance to participate in it @Devteam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yes, I am just slightly bit pinaple flavored right now. Haha now look at me, bypassing the word filter by just writing pineapple instead of salt. Nice to know Discovery has caught up with image boards of 2006. Very nice.

Today I have listened in on a few skype convos about the recent changes done to the mod and I am starting to really question the amount of influence developers are allowed within the mod lore-wise.

This is getting a bit silly.

I would never have made this sort of thread, because devs and admins are usually the people I try my best to keep in good relations with try not to piss off due to obvious reasons, but right now things are getting a tad retarded. Also, I think retarded was another word filter, because this is 2016 and everyone is a sensitive pansy.

Look, I was approached by the HF leader back when LR- was still acting like an official faction and was asked if I wanted to do an event between LR and HF, where if we lost, Alcatraz would get smashed up and the HF would get a base. I politely declined after discussing this with the faction peeps, but a few patches ago, a HF base was just smacked into California without any roleplay done to it.

I did not know I could just ask the admin team for a base to be added, because if that was the case, I would have asked for one in Colorado.

Okay, the LR- and JM as well as other groups did a RP for about a month about making an unique looking base - a shipyard in Coronado. That got declined because, as the system dev stated, ''I should not ask for things that are a unrealsitic display of power''.

Today I learn that the Hellfire Legion have nicked the Bering gate.
You read that right.
The HF leader thought it'd be cool to just have his faction steal a jumpgate. With the only RP leading up to it being one RP post that he has done by himself.
A civilian gatling gun is going to be manufactured by the HF, apparently. Okay.
What?

No.
No, you are not going to ignore what other factions need to go through just because you can add it by yourself to the update. You have no reason to have easier terms of adding new content to your faction. I will let your rotating space donger slide, because it is fun to shoot.

Yours truly.
~A concerned member.

Hate away.
(01-06-2016, 03:58 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Today I learn that the Hellfire Legion have nicked the Bering gate.

I don't know if we're talking about the same gate, but I happened to ask a similar question yesterday just to be sure about the events:

[04/01/2016 22:39:13] Rohj Teerin (Jeremy): The inactive JG in Hamburg that used to lead to Bering
[04/01/2016 22:39:29] Rohj Teerin (Jeremy): Was deconstructed and shipped into Hudson, put back together, and relinked to Hamburg
[04/01/2016 22:39:52] Rohj Teerin (Jeremy): Nothing complex, no repairs, just a move and some software adjustments

This has been supposedly done by Ageira.
edit: do you have a link to that HF thread?
See I get all confident with RP plans for effecting a system(planet) which RHA has done unfinished RP for. Then I read posts like this and I debate weather or not I should even do the RP.
Frankly, at this point, doing rp that would have a meaningful impact on lore is kind of pointless. Especially things like events, where the actual outcome of the event doesn't influence what happens in rp. It gets even worse when you railroad other factions based on the "outcome" of the event.
Proof Spazzy. Link or it didn't happen.
With the Gallic >< Liberty event the outcome was only determined because the event had been planned months beforehand, before that plugin was even available.

Having the outcome determine important RP development also sounds dangerous to me since in case of Galia Liberty it would never work. Most Lib players are new or inexperienced ones, while Gallia had all the vets. And then a Valor is significantly more powerful than an Overlord if both are flewn by newbs that only tank because they have a battleship that is supposedly immortal.
(01-06-2016, 04:26 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Proof Spazzy. Link or it didn't happen.
(01-06-2016, 04:26 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Proof Spazzy. Link or it didn't happen.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=127738

I don't think we should immediately jump to any premature conclusions. Wait for Teerin's answer.
Operation anvil was not about stealing the entire gate. It was about taking some components to build a docking ring for Guadalajara or however it is spelled. At least that's what I recall from when I was in HF.
(01-06-2016, 04:37 PM)TheJarl Wrote: [ -> ]Operation anvil was not about stealing the entire gate. It was about taking some components to build a docking ring for Guadalajara or however it is spelled. At least that's what I recall from when I was in HF.
However the gate is not there anymore, I just thought it´s either bug or it was salvaged for repair of Hamburg/Hudson gates.
(01-06-2016, 12:16 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of Bering, the former Bering-Hamburg gate has now a model of piece of scrap while label says "Inactive Jump Gate". Is the model wrong and there should be standard model of inactive jump gate, or label is wrong because the gate was somehow removed?
So I hope that´s the case. If someone would have tell us you can steal jumpgate, especially without any assistance of Ageira and as easily as it´s depicted in that RP thread, Rheinland would have done that as well, there are some free... *coughs* Newcastle *coughs*. Second hand jump gates are jump gates too...

But yeah, waiting for official dev statement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6