Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Terraria and 7777 port.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've battled with it some time ago, yet the problem still re-appeared. Despite best efforts in enabling 7777 port for Terraria (as it succeeded before) in my router (and GFs router as well, through Team Viewer) thrown me right into dead end, as port 7777 is still closed tighter than Russian can made from submarine plating and titanium.

Any solutions to this?
Yes, use Steam.
The problem is: neither of us has Steam and we are highly opposed to have it.
I have to question the choice of refusing to use Steam.

It's your choice to make but given the sheer volume of the PC gaming playerbase that uses it, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone else similarly minded, and even more hard pressed to find games that don't basically require it for their multiplayer components to work, EA and Blizzard games exempt of course.

TL;DR: Use steam, please don't be that guy
(01-08-2016, 03:58 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: [ -> ] I have to question the choice of refusing to use Steam.

TL;DR: Use steam, please don't be that guy

Replied to you in PM. As for the topic, it seems it was bad decision to even try to seek help here.

To be closed.
Terraria doesn't have DRM so you don't need the steam version to fix your issue. I'm guessing you're trying to play co-op with your GF? Why just not get Hamachi and play over LAN?
(01-08-2016, 04:58 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Terraria doesn't have DRM so you don't need the steam version to fix your issue. I'm guessing you're trying to play co-op with your GF? Why just not get Hamachi and play over LAN?

Yes, you are right about coop with GF (+ her cousin). I might try GameRanger instead of Hamachi. And yes, I do own GOG.com version.

As soon as she returns from work, I will check GameRanger.
Game Ranger directly roots the game. Hamachi makes a virtual network over internet.

Just something to consider.

Hamachi is not as good as it used to be imo though.
(01-08-2016, 05:19 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Hamachi is not as good as it used to be imo though.

That's why I don't like new Hamachi (I've been using old one before 2012), which I've tried to run many times and finally resigned. GameRanger looks promising, I say.
We use it at times. Works good so far. The ads are... necessary I guess. Just turn the volume down if you get video advertising. For me I probably lost 5 years of good hearing the first time it got the idea to show me a video.
Pages: 1 2