Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: MMORPGs getting.... old?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It just seems like there ALL the same. Either it's, mystical knights and dragons theme, or its super Cyborg advance super space travel, nothing original. FPS are almost like this too, but someone always comes out with something new, which i like. I want an mmorpg thats original, like.... Maybe wild west, or something.... or maybe just a totally random theme...
My least favorite mmorpgs in order

3. Eve
2. Cronous
1. Runescape <- Needs to be shot so many times, over and over and over and over and over again.
EVE ftw.:P

EDIT: No idea why I stopped playing.
EVE looks and sounds dumb.

And the fact you pay monthly makes it even more dumb.:dry:
' Wrote:EVE looks and sounds dumb.

And the fact you pay monthly makes it even more dumb.:dry:

Why, why, and why? I could say the same about... hell, anything! Zomg your nickname looks and sounds dumb. And the fact that you have to go through all this pain daily, just for using it, makes it even more dumb.
Eve is OK, but i hate the click to shoot thing. Runescape how ever.... I'd like to see those british bastards burn in hell.
Uhm, tell me a game where you don't have to click to shoot? Even in Freelancer, you right click to shoot.:P

... but I'm guessing you're actually refering to the "point-and-click" thing. Neverwinter Nights is the same. Dungeon Siege is the same. Tons of RPGs are like that. And I love RPGs. RPGs rock.
nah mmo's are fresh. theres archtypes for a reason. I generally only play one video game at a time MMO or not because they all have such depth these days.

the biggest complaint I see in them today is the story is [insert whaaaa here]. Whatever. Of course the story is meh the game itself is open ended. Thats what makes them fun. some lack more than others in certain areas. In my experience the pvp in guild wars was the best (when a lot of people still played) but the PvE in wow owned it.

The only 2 mmos I have heard of that were absolutely teh suck were

1. Matrix online
2. Galaxies.

I have never heard a good thing about either.

I mean, clicking on a target, and then watching it, NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING, watching it.....
' Wrote:I mean, clicking on a target, and then watching it, NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING, watching it.....

I agree on that...

And is it true? There's supposed to be too much "lol"s in EVE chat. But the point is I haven't played it, so I can't say. Is there a trial?
Yes
Pages: 1 2