Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Recently within about the last year or 2, anybody with a Liberty Navy or LPI or LSF (even BHG or Corporation) ID regardless of if they are official or not or if they have any ranking or diplomatic powers bestowed upon them has taken it upon themselves to DEMAND that the official Junkers faction FR5 any criminal they see docking on a Junker base in Liberty. This has been a major problem for several reasons:

-NPC Junker installations are meant to be a safe haven for criminals in house space
-There is no diplomatic precedence set for who can DEMAND that the offender be rephacked
-The Junker faction for the most part has no reason to otherwise FR5 these outlaws seeing as how we are quasi-lawful and it has been a part of our role-play since vanilla
-The people that are DEMANDING that the FR5 happen are doing so hoping to cause enough of a commotion to get Junkers outlawed in Liberty which is something that cannot happen because of the very foundation of the lore of the game.
-If these were POB's it would be more understandable for this to be occurring

Any feed back is welcome, but this needs to stop and be addressed by server admins. It is happening way to much and is negatively effecting the game.
Also, I've heard Junker bases are hidden from lawful eyes inRP. Perhaps BHG given the shady past of the recruits mag know the location, but lawfuls wouldn't.
(01-15-2016, 02:48 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I've heard Junker bases are hidden from lawful eyes inRP.
I will continue having members of the LSF submit FR5 requests if a lawful entity sees them dock on your stations. Until the admins come out and say I am not to do so, it will continue.

Also, you can quite easily /see/ Rochester from Newark. Don't tell me it's "hidden," especially not after we've chased Stortas, Scyllas, and Ranseurs there for LITERAL YEARS.
So you think this:

(01-15-2016, 02:55 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]I will continue having members of the LSF submit FR5 requests if a lawful entity sees them dock on your stations. Until the admins come out and say I am not to do so, it will continue.

Should warrant this?:

Faction Right 5. Official player factions may request that the reputation of a player's ship be changed to hostile with respect to their NPC faction. These requests must be posted within the Player Requests subforum, and include link(s) to valid forum roleplay, as well as actual interaction between the character and the official faction. In case of IDs with multiple official factions, this right can only be used if it has support of every official faction of the ID, but in case of disagreement between the factions involved, they can post an appeal to the administrators to review the situation and come to a decision.

A complete and total rephack towards the entire faction? Because you see a ship dock at a base that has been allowed to dock at that base since vanilla?
Honestly Junkers should be pissed at any unlawful ship that is dumb enough to run towards a Junker base with LPI/LN/LSF chasing them. Also it is unreasonable to demand that lawfuls just pretend like they don't know about junker bases with so many unlawful cap ships retreating to them. I feel like you should be mad at the people blowing the cover of Junker bases rather then the lawful factions just following RP.

(Also just to clarify I am not in any lawful liberty factions just my two cents.)
Not this again!

* Garrett Jax facepalms

It should be extremely difficult for an entire Junker faction to be FR5'd from Liberty. Junkers need to be allowed to operate in a quasi-lawful fashion according to their lore. Individual ships, which violate Liberty laws, and after sufficient RP efforts to procure a fine have failed, may be FR5'd. But an entire faction? I can't foresee a scenario where that would be allowed to happen. I mean if it hasn't occurred by now, it most likely won't ever happen.
Typically, what happens is that LN/LPI/LSF will chase a ship to Rochester, see it dock, and go "Well, that's annoying. Junkers, stop that, okay?"

The Junkers will then contact the ship and tell them to stop, maybe pay a fine if it was particularly egregious. Junkers do have specific rules about using these bases as active safe havens, i.e. fleeing from lawful persecution to a junker base, because it makes them look bad. But that's usually where it stops - FR5s only happen when the fined person doesn't respond and continues to abuse the base, therefore getting a boot from the Junkers for not following their rules.

Lawfuls can't enforce FR5s, they can only ask for them inRP - as long as it looks like they were kicked off the base, then everyone wins, right?

(I also can't think of a junker FR5 that's happened in the last month, or even two or three.)
(01-15-2016, 03:18 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]Not this again!

* Garrett Jax facepalms

It should be extremely difficult for an entire Junker faction to be FR5'd from Liberty. Junkers need to be allowed to operate in a quasi-lawful fashion according to their lore. Individual ships, which violate Liberty laws, and after sufficient RP efforts to procure a fine have failed, may be FR5'd. But an entire faction? I can't foresee a scenario where that would be allowed to happen. I mean if it hasn't occurred by now, it most likely won't ever happen.

You completely missed the point of the post. The point is Liberty is asking Junkers to Fr5 criminals who dock on Rochester
Read the post again, more carefully this time. You are correct. I did misunderstand it. Sorry bud.

I suppose Liberty could request Junkers to FR5 a ship, but I don't see how they could force them to. They might place pressure on Junkers, however there should always be pressure on Junkers from Liberty Lawfuls. You guys have totally opposite goals. Even if Junkers were inclined to FR5 a ship, what Junker law did the guy break? The matter appears to be between Lib Lawfuls and the ship violating Liberty laws, not Junkers. If Liberty Lawfuls want to pursue an FR5, then let them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16