Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Error found and not cured
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello Discovery,

I was suffering from an error which was getting me crazy, because i tried everything and couldn't find why the error still exist
The error simply was, that i get disconnected or heavy lag few seconds after i log to the server
I reinstalled the game, reinstalled in different directory, trace the ip of the server to see if i have problems in connection, did speed test to check
the connection strength, and finally was doing anything that anyone tell me to try
Like disable antivirus, download the mod while antivirus disabled, etc etc... , And all didn't work!

Until one of my friends, i call him GENIUS now, he told me to check if all my ships are docked and not in space then restart the game
I did exactly as he said, and found that i have 2 ships in space, so i docked them in extreme lag, and restarted the game...
Guess what happened?

The game crashed 2 times, then the 3rd time, it let me connect to the server
My ping back to normal !!! no lag, no loss, everything suddenly became fine! hahaha
I thought i should tell everybody about this, because it can really help some who have this error and can't find a cure
I know it was a nightmare, so thank you DonSam ! again, you are genius haha

Forget it, the error is still there .... pfft

regards,
Malmsteen
Quick question, how did your ships being in space affect you?
(01-16-2016, 12:16 AM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question, how did your ships being in space affect you?

it seems i thought they are
now once i switch to new ship, the error came back
and now i cant play the game again

im getting bored.
I have not noticed any staff responding to your issue, maybe you should try making a Player Request, in case they haven't seen these threads.
(01-16-2016, 02:47 AM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed any staff responding to your issue, maybe you should try making a Player Request, in case they haven't seen these threads.

I thought the player request is for in-game role play requests mate
are you sure i should do that? maybe they are busy now and will answer soon
Moved to proper subforum - |nfra

I have dropped a nudge in the mod skype channel. Expect to hear from the staff shortly.
(01-16-2016, 03:27 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to proper subforum - |nfra

I have dropped a nudge in the mod skype channel. Expect to hear from the staff shortly.

Thank you, i am waiting Smile
As we have no idea what your ship may be we cannot find the actual account, therefore we cannot check any logs to see if there are clues there.
My ship name is BMF|-Malmsteen
Thank you for replying to my help thread.
There are a number of messages, some worrying but they could all also link to a lag problem.

Try opening your game in windowed mode if currently full screen, or vice versa.

Try following Evanz instructions here http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134559

I have also move to the help section.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6