Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Morph logs of: Erato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first attempts: http://pastebin.com/N7d4cnde

Any suggestions?
Looks very nice for a first log. I've been absent for a while, and this is the first use I see of the mimicry.
It is common for morphs at first to have conversations that are just about the stuff that surrounds them (shields, planets, cargo...). You can get richer RP if you bring more complex subjects to the conversation, like moral issues or faction relationships.

Tips:
  • It's not necessary to use so many ellipses (...).
  • Avoid three-word sentences. You can be as fluid as a human with your speech, use that to your advantage.
  • Find more ways to say the same thing. 'Darklings' can get old very quickly. You can instead say things like, "Rock~eater [from the orange clouds]" (Kruger), or "Gate~builder" (Ageira), for instance. Try to come up with your own.

That's all for now.
Very nice first log. I can expect good things from you and hopefully with a few more logs and a bit of improvement we'll be seeing you in Khara soon.

I'm pretty much agreeing with here. Be unique and try slowly making your sentences slightly longer. Think of what a faction primarily does by lore and use that to describe said faction. Such as what was said above, Gate Builders for Ageira since they make trade lanes and jump gates.
Here are the logs of a rather long and satisfying encounter. To all those involved: you were awesome.
I tried incorporating the changes suggested above into my RP. Let me know if that worked out.

http://pastebin.com/Lkaf9VXE
We didn't get to interact much yesterday but I really liked what I saw. Feel free to drop me a PM if you see me online and we'll hang out together.

- Ish'tar
THAT is what I'm talking about. It looks excellent. Seems you got the hang of it.

There's another thing I'd like to see: visions. Try using them some time and tell me how it goes.
I've had some more pleasant encounters in the last days. The first one was with an Order gunboat. I didn't use visions there, I believe, but I thought it was worth mentioning here. The second one was with a KNF indie in NT. I felt like he didn't respond well to it, so I let it rest. I'd had one where visions worked rather well to get a concept across to someone, like here. He was carrying Stabiline, so he was at some point in contact with Cardi, I thought, thus I RPed around that. All in all, this is a really situational thing. It's nice to have as a way to express something that'd be a real pain to spell out in nom-speak, but something other than a descriptive use really requires someone who's quite open to it and no distraction, like in the last one.
(01-28-2016, 09:40 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]I've had some more pleasant encounters in the last days. The first one was with an Order gunboat. I didn't use visions there, I believe, but I thought it was worth mentioning here. The second one was with a KNF indie in NT. I felt like he didn't respond well to it, so I let it rest. I'd had one where visions worked rather well to get a concept across to someone, like here. He was carrying Stabiline, so he was at some point in contact with Cardi, I thought, thus I RPed around that. All in all, this is a really situational thing. It's nice to have as a way to express something that'd be a real pain to spell out in nom-speak, but something other than a descriptive use really requires someone who's quite open to it and no distraction, like in the last one.

Im present in 2 encounters there:

ORD)CV-Savannah
Sif.Olafsdottir

Excellent RP from you so far man, keep it up.
Oh, so that Hessian was you! I loved how disgruntled your character sounded all the time. Anyways, thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
I was the KPT. I was actually really interested in the encounter, but not expecting it at all. At least not so soon. I'll do my best next time.
Pages: 1 2