Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia carrier "invicible" getting stuck in trade lanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this a "feature"?
[Image: rFauoUw.png]

It happens with every lane, the end of the ship hits some invisible barrier and you have to reverse and spend half a minute strafing sideways to escape it.
Capital Ships aren't really compatible with tradelanes due to their huge size, just cruise or something.
Only happens to the longer warships. Like Marduk and Arbiter. Other ones are fine as far as I'm aware. Dropping out just before the last lane tends to work as well.
It gets stuck with its invisible barrier onto other things as well. I hope this battier can't be hit with fire. I have reported the bug 2 times already, but apparently it is not a priority.
Look at the size of the thing, do you seriously not expect problems? FL wasn't designed for ships that large (even as NPCs, not just for players) and the only mod that has managed to do capital ships on a much larger scale has no tradelanes, no jumpgates, and an entirely different rendering engine.
(01-17-2016, 04:20 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the size of the thing, do you seriously not expect problems? FL wasn't designed for ships that large (even as NPCs, not just for players) and the only mod that has managed to do capital ships on a much larger scale has no tradelanes, no jumpgates, and an entirely different rendering engine.

Which mod? No Jumpgates or tradelanes? different engine?
(01-17-2016, 04:23 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2016, 04:20 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the size of the thing, do you seriously not expect problems? FL wasn't designed for ships that large (even as NPCs, not just for players) and the only mod that has managed to do capital ships on a much larger scale has no tradelanes, no jumpgates, and an entirely different rendering engine.

Which mod? No Jumpgates or tradelanes? different engine?

Maybe Freeworlds, but I'm not sure
If it was up to me and didn't involve so much FLHooking I'd have given caps alternate means to get around long ago. Jumpdrives are a good idea for that; they should just be completely impractical to use in a combat situation, but they should allow caps to get around conveniently and quickly (comparable to snubs, just without lanes and such). It'd make issues with asteroid fields and capitals much less problematic too as caps could just bypass dense asteroid fields using their jumpdrives.

This would require changing how JDs work, though, the coordinate system is very impractical for day-to-day use if caps were meant to no longer (have to) use lanes. We'd have to add a system based around (dev-placed) designated jump points or something. It'd all make cap gameplay feel more polished I think. Watching the stupid things spazz around as a tiny liberator patrol collides with them, and get stuck on random objects reminds me, every time, that Discovery has basically hacked flyable capitals into an engine that wasn't made for that sort of thing ):

Caps should also just have jumpdrives built in when you purchase them rather than having the stupid things cost hundreds of millions and be produced by PoBs. Welp.

See you in 2021 when I've convinced the dev team to do this and we've found an flhook guy with the time and knowledge to implement it.
I think he might mean Eve Online.

Soon™
(01-17-2016, 04:31 PM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ] I think he might mean Eve Online.

Soon™
Eve online isnt a mod. Its a totally different game
Pages: 1 2