Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: sticky mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

Every now and again, my usb mouse seems to stick and the on;y way to unstick it seems to be to move the mouse pointer via the trackpad on the laptop.

It's an optical mouse, so the ball doesn't need cleaning.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
have you a software for your mouse? or try to replace the driver!

you can try it!
Does it only happen in freelancer?
No. What it does outside FL is tend to (this is hard to explain) is give the "bling-blong, blong-bling" sound as though a usb device is being removed and then reconnected.
- it just sticks.

Cheers.
The difference is, that when it does that, the mouse lights go off, then on. In FL, they dont
So your mouse disconnects and reconnects constantly when you're not playing? Does it happen if you are fullscreen? For example when you watch a youtube video.
(01-18-2016, 02:44 PM)maddog_dave Wrote: [ -> ]No. What it does outside FL is tend to (this is hard to explain) is give the "bling-blong, blong-bling" sound as though a usb device is being removed and then reconnected.
- it just sticks.

Cheers.
The difference is, that when it does that, the mouse lights go off, then on. In FL, they dont
This sound?
You tried plugging the thing into a separate USB Port? i get this on my laptop from time to time and this seems to cure it for me. Also what make/model is the mouse?. Logitech mice have a specific software which i found seems to make life easier (It automatically found the best driver for my OS). Also my other suggestion is try disabling the Touch pad/trackpad to see if it's just a conflicting bus, since my older laptop because the USBs were connected into the same wiring loom, as it were, the machine would often go into meltdown as there was a conflict of signals going down the wires.

My final suggestion is to go to device manager with the mouse plugged in and find your mouse in the list, right click, properties and hit 'Update drivers'. Let it automatically search for the best one, the random disconnect/reconnect noises seem to ring something in my mind about windows update being disabled so it wouldn't install the drivers properly?. Anywho, hope some of this is useful to you!
Do you use a mouse mat? If not try cleaning the area where you run your mouse.
I recently noticed my mouse sometimes disconnects and does not accept any mouse button inputs, but the cursor seems to be moving fine. This happens with all the ones I can test this on. On all the USB inputs.
(01-18-2016, 11:31 AM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]Does it only happen in freelancer?

(01-18-2016, 02:56 PM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2016, 02:44 PM)maddog_dave Wrote: [ -> ]No. What it does outside FL is tend to (this is hard to explain) is give the "bling-blong, blong-bling" sound as though a usb device is being removed and then reconnected.
- it just sticks.

Cheers.
This sound?

Yeah, that one - the "USB remove". Only that one. can do it 10 times in a row.
Pages: 1 2