Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Widescreen hud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. How can I get my hud to tuck nicely into the corners of my monitor? Currently there is a gap on the left and right.

2. Secondly, when I fly my freighter the camera is very close to it (even when viewing the sides of it). Is there a way I can get more space between the camera and the ship?

Image to show - http://i64.tinypic.com/hu0jl5.jpg

Thank you!
do you PVP much?, because you'll probably find if the hud is in the corner when turning and shooting you will be deselecting your guns instead of firing
(01-19-2016, 03:41 PM)Red Wrote: [ -> ]2. Secondly, when I fly my freighter the camera is very close to it (even when viewing the sides of it). Is there a way I can get more space between the camera and the ship?
Press h then the + and - keys.
Evanz - I don't PVP much, so I'd like the hud to be tucked into the corners. Do you know how to do it?
Findarato Veneanar - Thank you! You helped!
h and then +/- ? i didnt know that, ok ill try that

didnt work for me
I made a tutorial on how to move the hud to the corners, but it got deleted due to the forums rollback.
So here's how you do it

Go to your Discovery folder and open the EXE folder. Look for hudshift.ini. Do not mistake it for hudshift.dll. We need the .ini file.
Copy (not move!) hudshift.ini into the Discovery/DATA/INTERFACE folder.
Open the .ini file with notepad.
Look for the following section:

Code:
; 16:9 (1280x720, 1440x810, 1600x900, 1920x1080).
[;HUDShift]
Horizontal = 0.17
I am assuming your resolution is 1600x900, judging by your screenshot.

All you have to do here is remove the ; from [;HUDShift]
In other words make this:
Code:
[;HUDShift]
into this:
Code:
[HUDShift]

So the section should look like this now:
Code:
; 16:9 (1280x720, 1440x810, 1600x900, 1920x1080).
[HUDShift]
Horizontal = 0.17

Save the file and launch Discovery as usual. The hud should now be in place.
DragonRider - Brilliant, it now how I like it! Thank you very much.

Evanz - Go to the game options. Under Controls & User Interface look for 'Zoom in' & 'Zoom out' and create a command key to use.