Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Oracles|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Oracles
Learn - Understand - Unify - Master

[Image: th_chakrachart.jpg]

The Oracles is an organization spread in many parts of Sirius. Mainly operating undercover and behind the scenes, they are acting on behalf of the Nomads. Religious by nature, their base of operations is The Shrine and the Temple of Sirius on Malta. To put it more simply, the Oracles is the link and middle ground between humanity and nomads.

Tag: Oracle|
ID: Freelancer
IFF: None

It should be noted that there is a small number of Oracle characters using SRP IDs established after years of roleplay. These are unique cases and should be treated as such. Here is the proposition for the future ID of the faction:

Goals

• Execute the instructions of the nomads with absolute precision and success.
• Bring peace and cooperation between mankind and nomads.
• Legalize cardamine and dispell the taboo about this drug.
• Expand and infiltrate deeper and more organizations of Sirius.
• Offer sanctuary to those persecuted by the aforementioned goals.

History & Background

Oracles have always existed around the Shrine beyond the veil. Though the secrets and lives there are told in rumor and mere legend the Shrine's call is real and reaches many select individuals and beckon them to come and learn the Shrine's secrets. This is not limited to the human species as evident when the Cult of Sirius came to inhabit and restore parts of the Shrine for use as a healing and teaching center. The order was led by Nysk of the Slomon K'hara.

Nysk had many plans for the Oracles, adopting the name as a group actively pursuing the understanding between man and nomad but as tragedy often does strike, the loss of Nysk marked the first major step backwards. It wasn't just about delivering cardamine to the nomad worlds anymore.

The Oracles and the Cult had many responsibilities to Malta to complete amongst its own charge to attempt to fully rid the nation of its fertility ills resulted in more hybrid children being created this generation was more or less unable to survive in Sirius and sent to colonise a world known to be hospitable somewhere in the Altair region. As the fertility project and many of the devout followers of Nysk effectively "split" off to this colony, what was left of the Oracles was a mere handful of operatives.

This small handful or the three hybrids left continued to assist those cultists and believers embedded deeply in other groups and factions secretly across Sirius as well as some intensely anti-alien organizations. While it wasn't intended the Oracles had, by merely catering to the curious and counseling wisdom to others, created a pseudo spy network of faithful beings ever vigilant to keep an eye out for abuses of those on cardamine or suspected of alien contact.

For many years the Oracles through their spy network found and liberated the infected, incubus or spectre agents which were imprisoned and experimented upon by humans. Liberation and emancipation of these misfits to Malta was the priority for many years. Until now.

The idea was given by the Master Teacher Thomas Aquintas which marked the emergence of the Cult and the Oracles. The High Mother agreed to this, bringing an end of the human-led Cult which is usually left in the shadows in favor of the Oracles.
The current state of the Order has brought in many humans who prefer to stay human and use vessels and equipment available to carry out the four tenants.

The tenants were created by the Daam K'vosh to be used by other species in order to assimilate themselves into the ancient civilization's way of thinking. These were found in a number of significant artifacts and with the help of nomads, they were decrypted. In essence these four tenants are the steps into levels of higher awareness, the highest of which assimilates the person to the ancient Daam K'vosh.

The four tenants are: Learn, Understand, Unify, Master and are expressed with a glyph of the ancient Daam K'vosh language which can be seen below in our four rankbars.

Learn is the first and most basic tenant. Once this has been reached, the person is fully inducted into the Oracles as a Cultist.

Understand is the second step. Learning knowledge is one thing, but understanding it, is another. Once this step has been reached, the person is elevated into the rank of Windcaller.

Unify the knowledge you have learned and understood is the third step towards enlightenment. You are now a teacher capable of transmitting your knowledge to younglings and holding prestige status among the Oracles. You are an Exarch.

Master the mindset of the Ancients and achieving supreme intellectual awareness is the fourth and most difficult step to attain. In fact, no human can ever reach this level without being upgraded into a hybrid. This word is also used a noun as other Oracles usually call that person as a "Master". Furthermore, the Master is capable of direct contact with the Mindshare and is the spiritual and operational leader of the Oracles.

No person can start this journey of learning without consuming cardamine, the essential natural enhancer. The higher knowledge you seek, the bigger the effort is to attain it and the Seekers are made aware of this important fact.

The Order of the Faith

High Exarch

[Image: dTEZyF3.png]

The High Exarch, also called as Master Teacher, is the leader of the Oracles and the Faith. The High Exarch presides over the council of Exarchs and is the ultimate personification of what a Faithful aspires to become.

The current High Exarch of the Faith is Thomas Aquintas, also known as Threewinds. The High Exarchs are known to directly communicate with the Spirits and because of their hybrid race, they are essentially the unifying link between the humans and the nomads.

Exarch

[Image: gvNhlQp.png]

The Exarchs are master instructors and warriors. In order for one to be elevated in this position they must achieve great accomplishes and be respected by the rest of the Faith.

Together the Exarchs form a council under the High Exarch. Only the council is allowed to elect new Exarchs. They are all distinguished individuals of the Faith and have learned important lessons to pass to those shorter on the path than them. Many embrace a Windcaller in hope that their apprentice becomes an Exarch in their place one day.

Windcaller

[Image: 0eICWE9.png]

The Windcallers are the Exarchs' apprentices. They are literally the shadow of the Exarch until they themselves are deemed exalted and begin their path to ascension. Windcallers are known to travel all-around Sirius, bringing new seekers to the Faith, overseeing the Cardamine deliveries into the major Houses, and relaying orders and missions to the secret agents of the Faith who are seeded in every corner of Sirius.

When a Windcaller is called their authority grows into being responsible for teaching the Tenants and Orders of Faith to Cultists and Seekers as well as learning knowledge from their master and using those insights to better themselves and those around them.

Cultist

[Image: i48sjyH.png]

A Cultist is born when a Windcaller has verified that a Seeker has completed his search for "the way". The spiritual path of a Seeker must be fully envisioned before a Cultist can work on study and devout service to the Faith. This can be anything from distributing cardamine to followers and other Cultists in seclusion or working as a secret agent waiting for their own ascension to Mar Sarra. Often the journey of self-discovery is long, but a Cultist is a person who has realized their destiny and is commited to the Faith.

They comprise the bulk of the Faith and each one has different missions and activities. Most of them, especially the Cultists of Malta are involved in the Cardamine trade. It should be noted that most Cultists do not change the activities of their former life after joining the Faith.

Seeker

Seekers are those who have been touched by Cardamine and wish to convert to ritual use instead of "profligate" or heretical abuse of Cardamine. As soon as a Seeker expresses interest in becoming a Cultist he must find a hybrid Exarch, an infected or a Spirit and be blessed with a vision. Any vision will do. This will be their key to the path.

Heretic

Heretics are those beyond redemption. The enemies of the Oracles or anyone who will refuse or forever be unfit to be a Seeker is a Heretic.

Notable Characters

Thomas Aquintas aka Threewinds

[Image: th_alienreptilian.jpg]
Hybridization has always been a messy process, many die or rather return to the source from where they merge rather than dream a corporeal form ever again, some create a body out of the memory of whom they were and become a shadow of their former selves; a specter as you will constantly be watching and doing the nomads bidding. Many more are freaks of nature that prefer their perfect nomad energy side.

Thomas went from a healthy Maltese man that encountered death as a transition. Rejecting the Nomad side and appropriately "paid" for it with a body that produced biologically toxic levels of Cyanide. Through the ritual use of Cardamine as well as visits to alien worlds hidden deep in nomad systems and nebulae, he was able to assimilate genetics and traits that made him "something else" but he was also able to convert infected to metabolise cardamine as he always had, and reclaim a majority of his human perspective.

This was also critical in creating the ascension process that an addicted human could be "completed" without nomad infection into a Seraphim.

El Saturnia Zsun

[Image: th_ISHTAR_H.png]
Child of Ishtar Zsun and classified by the CoS breeding program as Eve #0, Saturnia was an accelerated gestation that through a strange error in genetic sequencing ... aged in reverse until the onset of puberty.

Saturnia is able in bi-locate her human form or two different nomad forms. And while the program that made her what she was has been sealed she admits she is a mental clone of her mother... but free and often does decide differently than her. Most of the other Adams and Eves of the program had ancestral memories from their parents, it was the "conflict" of these memories with the Mindshare's memories that threatened the children's psyches.

She is currently not only the matron mother but the aspect of perception for the K'Hara.

Haog

The first Seraphim. Tolomon was Three Wind's windcaller for quite some time and volunteered to not only become naturally addicted to cardamine but undergo the melding process that created the Seraphim race. Since Tolomon Sol was the first, a small but growing group of seraphim are establishing themselves on Malta, as he has spent much time telepathically linked to Thomas the seraphim share a natural bond with one another and by association to the rest of the Oracles.

The goal of the Seraphim is simple: To commit the rest of the Maltese race to ascension so that they can breed new generations and colonize the stars.

Diplomacy

Diplomacy cannot be covered by a list I am afraid. We are passive by nature we will not fight unless attacked, and if we do attack, the odds are that you are branded as a Heretic by the Exarchs.
  1. Attacking any member infected, hybrid or nomad will result in immediate assault.
  2. Outcasts are regarded as "above" non-users of Cardamine but the Cult does not believe in merit factoring into whether or not you're a heretic.
  3. We do not have to execute you publicly. Just be warned Saturnia does not suffer fools to live.
  4. Also Junkers sort of assist us in every aspect of the cardamine trade so we don't hesitate to call them useful even if they are mostly motivated by money and thus are considered as infidels. However infidels are not heretics.

Operations

The ships and equipment that you wish to use is your own choice. If your are using an overt Oracle, then you are much likely to use Outcast technology. Roleplay and Operations may occur in every place of Sirius however Seekers may not be tagged during their pilgrimage, but they will still have to obey their ID restrictions.

The Master Teacher is publicly available at the Shrine and he tends to fly around the surrounding systems for kindred souls. The Faith's home is on Malta but our work is wherever it calls us. As a player you should expect spirituality and religion. Expect to be challenged and given things to do, to roleplay. Not just fetch quests and attack orders, no. The core of the Oracles is to put the misfit into a situation where it will grow the best. Remember our attitude is passive and changes to hostile only during some very specific situations.

On the event that the Oracles become official and receive their own ID, we will request to gain green cells on Outcast and Sirius-wide civilian technology.

Roster & Notes

Some notes. Going official was a big decision so i've posted this a little earlier than folks expected in order to motivate them. We will be keeping a vary loose roster of ships and editing diplomacy as it develops with this new advent of the Oracles. We do hope everyone has fun. Give us a ring if you interested in joining and need help with a character, otherwise join the cult in character. Trust us it's cooler that way.

This is the current active roster. Please note that each ship belongs to a different member.

Oracle|ThreeWinds
Oracle|Therai
Oracle|The.True.Elders
Oracle|Prophet
Oracle|Witch

The 500 million fee is on: Oracle|ThreeWinds - taken by when the original request was posted back on October '15, before the forums loss.

Requests: ID and TECH

Proposed tech:

First and foremost the Oracles have worked to blend in. Only appear to those who are understanding or a possible candidate for "the flock". I'm hoping I can extend to the ability for the Oracle ID to serve as fuel for human cloaks sans the mark 3 because while we may "move" cardi we aren't going to be stealth trading in this faction.

Also the ID is purely defensive in nature and with the balances on cloaks now in place I feel this request wouldn't be a huge imbalance and even give those with anti cloaks someone to snipe hunt!

Oracles will fly Civilian ships and Maltese vessels and tech reflecting their long history with both "races" and attempting to raise the Maltese people's status with the nomads and foster understanding.

My emphasis is Human Civilian/Maltese weapons Human equipment if possible. But if the Oracle ID as fuel for cloaks is too much at least the ability to use Hybrid equipment as we have been doing would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PS If we make it we will be paying handsomely for a small and modest ship-line. Something that blends Human and alien philosophies and hopefully fit in to disco. As opposed to using the Maltese ship-line.
I might be wrong and it might be an SRP ID but I believe i've seen a few Outcast ID's with this faction tag as well, but on top of that it's actually currently against the rules to use multiple ID's. You should probably all switch to freelancer ID until this gets accepted.
Out of curiosity, how long as this faction been around? (Since the restart/when it came alive again - not the original time it was created)

As Impy said, I've seen multiple IDs on the faction, Wilde, Outcast and Freelancer. Which shouldn't really be... happening. But I don't mind it.
its been around... since 2009 ish. But its current form as in going for officaldom was shortly before the forums crapped out in the summer of 2015.

Ad for the outcast id ships ive told everyone active were using freelancer id's until we have our own. But if you see an OLD oracle out there (and they pop up from time to time) try and let them know were usinf freelancer id or.. to let huggie know thier ALIVE.

The oracle rp is fairly autonymus. were a group that facilitate personal charicter development.. we do alot more intra faction rp then interfaction rp. cause frankly ...were.. more rp focused......

TLDR

outcast ids shouldent be around anymore.

We play with ourselves heavily.

I have tried my best to format have handed it off to a professional.

I have been told of a rumored ID format change for this year.. I will format the id perposal to fit such.
Oh finaly. Discovery Freelancer: The Oracles Awekens.

In other words - this is a realy good move. The Oracles was hiding into shadows until now. Their RP is quite exsiting and more interesting than Wilde's\Aoi's\D9's
(01-21-2016, 12:32 AM)Nyx Wrote: [ -> ]As Impy said, I've seen multiple IDs on the faction, Wilde, Outcast and Freelancer.

As Huggie said, Outcast ID has been got ridden off. However, seeing Wild ID and Freelancer ID shouldn't be a problem, as in this case Wild ID counts as SRP ID (because that is not wildely used ID for my understandment), while other people simply fly FL ID.
I think the oracles are the best "bridge" between human world and nomad world. If your character is seeking to gain knowledge or to become something else (agent, wilde, oracle(hybrid) etc..) these hybrids prove to be best "platform" to respond appropriately. Wilde are Incubus, they will most likely engage you no matter your intentions. Khara are the nomads and unless you encounter a wanderer or a morph/explorer - they will mostly likely do the same - engage.

A hybrid species that is both human and nomad partially is easy to RP and understand - as the messengers of the Nomads they can easily convert people beliefs and allow an easy transition for infestation or hybridization or more. Their RP of co-existence with nomads and humans is interesting and explains why a group of people would decide to follow them and worship the nomads further.

So far I've RP-ed with 2 oracles and I like the way they RP. Some using wilde/freelancer/outcast/srp ID is indeed confusing, so an ID for themselves is what they need. If they end up like Phantoms they could easily be silenced but until then they must be given a chance to evolve their RP.
I have a question as well.
I met an Oracle| last time and I remembered Oracles being around some years ago. Then they were gone. There were sporadic Oracles around sometimes.

When I rped on my 5 year IMG char that I know (from the old days) that Oracles were linked to OC,Cardi,Aliens, I was PMed with something along the lines of "meta = bad", which I answered by telling the player that Oracles were around before and not really secret about what they were doing.

Now my question:

Do you treat the "old Oracles" as part of your faction's history?
Or is this something like a "reset", and we should ignore what the tag meant before - and kind of start at square one and find out about what you are?

I am not pointing fingers, not wanting to call out your member, etc... I just want to play it "correctly", and seeing this, I figured that the best way may be to just ask how you would like to see it handled. Smile

Good luck!

Jack - IMG|
Money has been taken. Good luck.
(01-21-2016, 05:13 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Money has been taken. Good luck.

i can't believe you forgot you took it last year before the crash. Your one of the ones i asked for advice whether or not it's worth to try.

be safe in travels this week.

i got witnesses .

The original oracles of the shrine were a beautiful group started by tenacity and handed down to successive founders. The idea then is much different then it is now because MY cult of sirius took them over. and adopted the name. The cult of sirius was an amalgamation of .... good and bad ideas from 2008. Things got steadily serious after the years. Especially around 2011-2012 when I presided over the keepers - Khara change.

The nomads ..the player group have no.. interplay. in inner faction ability to rp. The wilde somewhat do and that's what makes them unique and sought after by rpers. but the nomads sadly are alien..hard to relate to with human minds so.. i took my cult to the next level. as their mouthpiece a front of specialists who understand them. and can translate to others information they need to know how to interact with them properly. or at the vary least buffer attempt to contact them...en masse on the comms board.

nomad rp isn't straight up weird to be aloof and complicated on purpose. Yuri took.. what was.. sort of a joke.. of nomad ships just kinda being around to attempting to enforce an rp standard for what was the first totally inhuman faction. Nothings perfect but I believe the attempt was the best kind.

Still interaction with other factions beyond the antagonist role is stunted as well. so the oracles/cult were formed as a way for the khara to essentially play with themselves.

As for interactions before.. theyve probably ranged from passive to down right zelot like. And you may encounter this again depending on how they are interacted with. Essentially at first an oracle is going to act via the tenants and then depending on how things go from there.

oracles will answer questions and reach out to seekers looking for information no matter who they are.

TL DR

Depending on how long ago it was? Well. if i had met you in person. in the 80's or 90's Im sorry. the cocaine was just. too much.

Otherwise go with what you know.
Pages: 1 2