Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship modification... balance issue???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if the Sunburst Civilian Freighter could be given the same power core as the Rhino, make all its turrets capable of mounting class 2, and increasing its price to more closely match that of the Rhino???... those are the ONLY changes I think it needs.

I was also wondering if anyone thinks there would be a balancing issue with that???

Thanks for all your time and input.
For a free freighter I don't think it should be anywhere near on par with the rest.
(01-23-2016, 09:03 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]For a free freighter I don't think it should be anywhere near on par with the rest.
I didn't think anyone was poor enough to stick with it. I figured after like one run of helium you'd be moving onto the Rhino anyway.

Anyway, seems like a waste of dev effort changing a few values when there's like a backlog of fancy stuff desperately needing implemented, in fact i'm having problems picturing what the damn thing looks like..
Dear me. I am going senile
(01-23-2016, 09:56 PM)Explorer487 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think anyone was poor enough to stick with it. I figured after like one run of helium you'd be moving onto the Rhino anyway.

Anyway, seems like a waste of dev effort changing a few values when there's like a backlog of fancy stuff desperately needing implemented, in fact i'm having problems picturing what the damn thing looks like..
Dear me. I am going senile

Sunburst is used by players which ship Helium into other places for roleplay purposes, because Miner ID + Sunburst yelds huge bonus (and makes operation faster) to mine. Sunburst is sometimes used by other mining factions as well.
Its purpose is to be used by new players, and as Thyrzul said, for a free ship it's supposed to be bad in pvp.
The reason I ask is simply I LOVE the appearance of the Sunburst FAR more than ANY of the other ships I have seen on DIscovery, but would like it to be a little more survivable in higher level pve areas, so that I could keep the ship and be able to extend RP into the outer systems with it and have a little more viability.

One of the other reasons I asked for the change is that the Rhino has the stats I am looking for but, being a Liberty ship, is far more restrictive in which faction members are allowed to pilot it without getting nerf'd... I can fly the Sunburst as a Junker, but Rhino takes a 25% nerfing for me. The gun types allowed to me as a Junker on a Sunburst are EXTREMELY limited, but I can deal with that. Honestly, I would pay 10 million plus credits for the Sunburst with the minor changes I mentioned which, other than appearance, brings it up to ALMOST Identical (stat-wise) to the Rhino..... That's how much I like the ships visual design.

@ Antonio - I am not sure that it would be very good in PVP even with the changes I mentioned, but I am not a PVP master sooo.....

For Explorer487...
[Image: 15r00op.jpg]

I didn't think the changes I asked for would require much work... thought it would only require changing a few numbers in the ships file and cause a minor update when opening the launcher. However, I am not a programmer so if its too much trouble, then I digress.

Thanks for all your inputs, as they are much appreciated Big Grin
What about, connected to the other thread, if we introduced something similiar to it from APM line? Bubble cockpit would be awesome on a freighter.
Oh right! i remember now. It's been so long, but to be honest i quite like the look of that ship. I think i used it for flying around the Omicrons, just because it was easier and faster than using anything else.

- I'm not saying the changes would be difficult, per say, but i'm guessing the Devs have quite a long list of things to do and i don't feel as though this would be a priority. But granted, a bubble cockpit would be nice on there.
It is a VERY sexy ship I must say Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Pages: 1 2