Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Seth's handy guides!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just going to add guides here over time...

How to get any ship you want in SP

Here is the Seth Karlo handy guide at how to get any ship into SP. I accept no responsibility AT ALL if it messes up or CTD's.

Right, I am going to show you how to put a Spatial into open SP. Reason? I just did it so I could fly around in the spatial blowing up Tekagi's forces (Forgot how much fun that was).

Ok, things you will need:

-Ioncross Character Editor. (Available from my FL pack)
-Disco Ioncross files (Available in your mod)
-Notepad

Ok, go to Start>My Computer. Then to Program Files>Freelancer Mod Manager. Then Mods>Discovery484>IONCROSS

Select all the files in that folder and COPY them. Now go back to program files. Go to Program Files>IONCROSS Character Editor.

Paste those files here. Overwrite when nessacery.

Now, open IONCROSS Char editor, select which ship you want etc etc, it's pretty user friendly. I selected the Spatial, gave it a couple of Excaliburs, couple of Archangels, 2 Nuke Mines, a SN cannon, Infinite powercore.

Now, save your changes. DO NOT START THE GAME YET.

Spatial, like Gunboats, Cruisers and Battleships etc, is "big". I.E.: Freelancer doesn't let it use Docking rings or ordinary docking bays.

What we're going to do is fool it into thinking it can.

Go to your Freelancer Directory (Usually Program Files>Microsoft Games>Freelancer)

Go to Freelancer>DATA>SHIPS and locate a file called Shiparch.INI.

Right click on it, select properties and uncheck "Read-Only".

Now open it. Press Ctrl+F, and type in "Spatial". Voila! There is the Entry for the Spatial (It'll say dsy_spatial)

Underneath that will be a bunch of data, skim through it until you see the words "can_use_med_moors". Itshould be about 5 lines under dsy_spatial.

Now, change "can_use_med_moors" into "can_use_berths"

Save.

NOW open the game and play to your hearts content. Your ship can now use docking rings, and FL will try and put it into regular docking bays.

Therefore, using a Battleship won't really work... I think...

If you get stuck when docking, after about 10 seconds press Esc, and it SHOULD skip it, and send you straight in. Also, try and quick dock.

Good luck guys, and REMEMBER TO CHANGE IT BACK BEFORE YOU PLAY ONLINE!!!

Or even better, save a copy of shiparch somewhere before you edit it.

Seth

How to get the "double bribe"

I get asked this a LOT.

Some factions you may find have got no missions for them (Zoners are a good example) and yet you want to be a Zoner. We do this by getting a double bribe.

If you get a bribe in a bar, it increases your rep with that faction until it's green, but not enough to get the tag/IFF for that faction. This is how we make it so you do.

Firstly, make sure your rep with that faction is EXACTLY neutral. (It's easier this way, trust me). Kill some ships or blow up depots if you need to....

Then head to a Zoner base. Planet Gran Canaria and Freeport 10 are good examples. Once docked, head to the bar, make sure you have a couple of million with you.

Hover your mouse over the people in the room. They'll be Corsairs/BHG/maybe a Hessian or two, and Zoners. Any Zoner's should have an empty bubble over their heads (Becuase you're neutral), but hopefully one of the other's offer's information or advice. Let's assume they don't.

You usually have the choice of going to the corsair's or the BHG. I advise the BHG, as if you go with the Corsair's you almosy alway's get hostile to Republican and Daumann, which mean's you can't go to Rhienland, which is a serious pain.

Click on the bartender, he'll be selling a bribe. If it's BHG, take it. If not, press F1 and select your character again.

Continue doing this until you recieve the BHG bribe. Congrats! You're one step closer to your precious Zoner tag.

Next, repeat the above process, but stop when he's offering the Zoner Bribe. DO NOT TAKE IT. If you take it now, you undo all of that precious hard work. Check the other people in the room. Are any selling bribes? If so, check and see if it's a Zoner bribe. Let's assume none of them are.

Go to the Equipment dealer/Landing pad/Commoditie dealer/ship dealer.

Return to the bar and check again. The bartender will still sell the zoner bribe, but the people sat down will have changed. Once someone sitting down offer's the Zoner bribe, take it. Then, talk to the bartender again and take his one aswell.

Voila! You have now bumped your rep up with that faction twice! You will also now have the Zoner Tag. Congrats, pat yourself on the back and pour yourself a stiff drink, you deserve it after all that.

Some basic INI editing tutorials

To start we shall change where a ship is sold.

BACKUP market_ships FIRST!!!!!

Required tools:

-Notepad

Goto your Freelancer directory (Program Files>Microsoft Games>Freelancer) and proceed to DATA>Equipment.

Within we will find a file called market_ships.ini. Right click, and select Properties. Uncheck the "read only" button. Close Properties.

Lets open it.

You will see a list of bases, in their INI code, and then underneath a list of ships that are sold at that base.

WARNING: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER put more than 3 ships at a base. EVER. FL can't handle it.

Anyway, where were we? Ah yes. Scroll down until you find Planet Manhattan. It will be called li01_01 (I think, not on a PC with it on atm)

Underneath it will be 3 "packages". The first will be the Startracker, then the Patriot, then the CSV. Note afterwards there are a series of numbers. Don't alter them for now, I'll explain more about what they do later.

Now, think of a ship you want to move to Manhattan. I thought the Titan would be nice, so I proceeded to planet Crete and looked under it. (Will post a list of codes tonight after work)

There will be the titan package. It will be called dsy_titan or summat. Copy ALL of the code and return to the manhattan entry.

Remember what I said about 3 ships max per base? Well, we need to remove one of the others then. I usualy remove the CSV, but whatever takes your fancy.

Paste the titan entry in over top of whichever ship you don't want anymore. Examples will be up later:)

Save, and then proceed in game (NOT on disco server) The titan will now be sold on Manhattan. Enjoy!

Will put more INI editing tut's up later.

How to put a ship you've made ingame

Oh yes, this IS a big one. Make sure you have the folowing:

My Freelancer Pack

A ship you have made.

Right then, I've realised that the ship making tutorial in my pack is being used without the owner's permission, and I am unable to locate him or email him, so it won't be in the next update of the flPack. However, I am now writing my own.

Lets assume you have made your ship in GMAX. I like this program, and it's in my FlPack, so it's nice and simple to get hold of.

Open Gmax, and open your ship that you have made. Give it a name now. I'm going to call mine PwnShip. So, for the purposes of this tutorial, wherever you see PwnShip, replace it with whatever name you've given your ship.

Save your ship first. Trust me, Exporter's can be a pain.

Then, goto File>Export and export your ship either in MD3, or .3ds format. .3ds is nice becuase almost every single model making program supports it.

So export PwnShip.3ds in My Documents. Trust me when I say that the programs will try and save them in the stupidest places on your PC.

Now, open my FLPack and find Ms3d. Milkshape 3D is a very powerful program that is useful to our needs. However, trying to Model in it is about as painful as rubbing your *ahem* private parts against a cheese grater for half an hour. Trust me, Don't.

So, goto File>Import and select .3DS. Find your ship. Oh yes, there it is in My documents where we left it. Perfect. Import it and Voila! There is PwnShip in all it's glory.

Now we need to Texture it. Texture's are made up of .TGA files that are overlapped onto the ship model. Ms3d label's them as "Materials".

Firstly though, if you exported/Imported using .MD3, this next part should be nice and easy for you, as all of the groups you made when creating your model should all still be under the "Groups" tab. (Cylinder 1/Cube 2 etc etc)

If you used .3DS, you have a painful job ahead of you. Use the select tool to select a group of faces and press Ctrl + D to duplicate them. They will appear in the Groups tab as duplicate 1. Rename it to whatever you want, and continue until your model is split up into your groups.

Now to texture!

I decided that PwnShip will have a Libertonian look, so I will use Libertonian textures, however, there are 2 way's of getting our textures:

From the Texture's already in FL

You need to get hold of a program called the Freelancer UTF editor. (Will link later) This program is incredible.

So then, open it up and select "open". Goto your Freelancer folder and then to DATA>SHIPS. Here you make your decision.

For Bretonian Textures, goto SHIPS>Bretonia and open playerships.MAT

For Libertonian Textures, goto SHIPS>Liberty and open playerships.MAT

For Rhienland Textures, goto SHIPS>Rhienland and open playerships.MAT

For Kusari Textures, goto SHIPS>Kusari and open playerships.MAT

For Outcast Textures...you get it.

So, open your .MAT file. In the UTF editor you'll see a tree and then 2 branches. Not literally, but that's what the folder and sub folder's are called.

Expand the Texture library folder, and there will be several textures there. Texture's can either be in .TGA format or .DDS format.

.DDS is Soooooooo much nicer to work with.

expand any branches, and select either MIPS (.dds file) or MIP0 (.TGA file)

As you might be able to see, the .TGA files are actually not one file. There are 8. TGA0 to TGA7.

Oh yes, now you see why .DDS is nicer? There is 1 .DDS file to every 8 .TGA files.

Putting a Vanilla ship (non flyable) ingame

Wrote this for someone wanting to put Juni's Defender ingame:

Ok, if you go to C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Freelancer/DATA/SHIPS/LIBERTY/LI_ELITE2

In there is Juni's Defender. It is called "li_elite2.cmp".

Now, go to DATA/EQUIPMENT and open the file called "goods.ini" using notepad. Then press Ctrl + F and type in "li_elite2" and search for it. You'll find this:

[Good]
nickname = dsy_li_elite2_hull
category = shiphull
ship = dsy_li_elite2
price = 945000
ids_name = 12003
item_icon = Equipment\models\commodities\nn_icons\li_elite.3db
[Good]
nickname = dsy_li_elite2_package
category = ship
hull = dsy_li_elite2_hull
addon = ge_le_engine_01, internal, 1
addon = bh_elite2_power01, internal, 1
addon = ge_s_scanner_02, internal, 1
addon = shield01_mark06_hf, HpShield01, 1
addon = LargeWhiteSpecial, HpHeadlight, 1
addon = SlowSmallBlue, HpRunningLight01, 1
addon = SlowSmallBlue, HpRunningLight02, 1
addon = SlowSmallBlue, HpRunningLight03, 1
addon = SlowSmallBlue, HpRunningLight04, 1
addon = contrail01, HpContrail01, 1
addon = contrail01, HpContrail02, 1
addon = DockingLightRedSmall, HpDockLight01, 1
addon = DockingLightRedSmall, HpDockLight02, 1

Now, the first part is the ships "hull". THe second is the ships "Package". Copy "dsy_li_elite2_package" and close the file. Now open the file called "Market_ships.ini" and search for LI01_01.

You'll find this:

[BaseGood]
base = Li01_01_base
marketgood = dsy_kadesh_hf_package, 30, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
marketgood = gf2_package, 4, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
marketgood = dsy_transport_package, 38, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1

Now, the first bit "dsy_kadesh_hf_package" is the "Package" that is in Goods.ini. The ", 30," means you have to be level 30 to buy it, and the numbers after it mean that it is buyable.

Take the "dsy_kadesh_hf_package" and replace it with "dsy_li_elite2_package"

Juni's defender is now buyable at Planet Manhattan.

Seth

Please post if you have ideas/things you want me to write a guide on...
Might be useful for some -- not for me unfortunately. I knew all of that, and I don't really need to do the dock-thingy-editing in notepad, since I can just move myself to any location from the char editor.:P
this is great intel, now I gone redo the Sp story with new ships;)
Freelancer language is EXTREMELY easy to understand once you get the hang of it.
Hehe i want a stinger... instead of that dumb starflea...

actually.... i just use ioncross to change tjhe location of my ship to the planet where the ship i want is being sold? then i go in and buy the ship. if i need to change location i use ioncross again on the save game...

taht wy no need to edit stuff besides ionscross..
: Thanks, make me feel like I spent me time really well...:P

: Happy to help mate:)

: Have fun in ya Stinger!

: True, but Ioncross can't edit the file unless you've saved it manually, which you can't do in space:)
hehehe
yea, is a lot of fun in sp.
do this: take where u find (download) save file editor ; i have save file editor 1.2. ( FreelancerSavefileEditor_v1.2.zip ).
open with savefileeditor in C:\Documents and Settings\acasa01\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer any save file (i used including autosave smile.gif ). will be a notepad txt file. find in that txt: fc_ou_guardianrep_group = li_n_grpmoney = 966381029num_kills = 0num_misn_successes =

put there what u want (u see, i have 900 mil)

also u can change wepons (i have cruiser missle on the bomber, supernova on the gunboat, bs shiled on bomber, etc) . just find that code for wepons ( in the same txt file you will see wepons1=...........), just repace that code to other savefile where u wanna change
also u can change ship when u want, directly in autosavefile ( u will see , u cannot dock on planets, in missions, with capital ships:gunboat, cruiser, bs, just find this code : ship_archetype = 2680731854equip = 3132732672
repace that 2 codes with other codes coreponding to other ship

HpTurret01, 1equip = 2243684292
1equip = 2622488518, HpTorpedo02, 1equip = 2622488518, HPTorpedo03
2622488518 is code for supernova torpedo :D

this is 2 ships (corsair bomber and corsair gunboat, i think)
ship_archetype = 2680731854 equip = 3132732672
baseship_archetype = 3203059593 equip = 2569077185

good luck, and have fun, i had a lot

I DON'T NEED TO CHANGE/REMOVE SOMETHING OR ANY FILE FROM GAME, YOU WILL CHANGE JUST YOUR SP SAVEFILE
Updated: How to get double bribe.
Updated: How to change a ships selling location.

And, my how to make a ship for Freelancer tutorial started.
To make a system, first go to Program Files/Freelancer Mod Manager/mods and find the latest Discovery mod. Then, copy the folders named DATA and EXE and paste them into a new folder in Freelancer Mod Manager/mods.

If you try and load Discovery, it will crash FLE, becuase of the extra stuff in DLLS and Ioncross and the folder itself.

Then, boot up FLE (Freelancer Explorer) and open your new folder, which will boot up the mod.

Next, right click on either an empty area of space, or any dot and select "edit".

Place things to your hearts extent, and then click the ADD button. Then go to File>Add/Update Mod.

Now go back to Program Files/Freelancer Mod Manager/Mods/Your mod Folder/DATA/UNIVERSE/SYSTEMS

Inside that will be all the folders. When you hover over the dot you made in FLE, the top bar will change name to the system code. For example, the Illinois system is Li10, the Omega 56 system is BW71.

Go to the corresponding folder in SYSTEMS, and you will find an INI there with the same name as the folder. Open this, and you can finalise your system. FLE usually messes at least a few things up. You can set the ids_name and ids_info here etc.

If you add Asteroids or Nebulas, they will be in DATA/SOLAR/ASTEROIDS or DATA/SOLAR/NEBULA, however, FLE will make them in BINI. You will need to use a BINI decoder to make them legible.

Next, if you want to edit the people in the bars or the equipment rooms/Commod dealer etc, you will need to create an "mBases" entry. This is located in DATA/MISSIONS and is called mBases.ini. Copy another entry and then edit the numbers to fit with your new base.

Next, you will need to add a UNIVERSE entry. Go to DATA/UNIVERSE again and open universe.ini. In there you will need to either add your system (if you made a new one) or just a base.

Note: FLE will have made this entry already, you just need to check them. Do a search for your base first and make sure you don't make it twice.

Next, to add equipment to your base (I prefer to do this via the INI's, less work) go to DATA/EQUIPMENT and open Market_equipment.ini (it might be market_misc actually, can't quite remember) In there you will have verious entries like so:

[Market_entry]
makretgood = Blah blah blah

Now, just copy an entry from a base already made, rename it to your base name, and you're sorted.

Do the same for market_commodites and market_ships and you're good to go!

I think that's it... if anyone want's to learn how to make a system I would be happy to help them out.

Seth

hehe, updated regularly my ass.
Pages: 1 2