Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pilgrim Liner [Question]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I came across the Slaver Union and they still flew FL ID Pilgrims not being aware that they are not allowed to fly Pilgrim Liners. While making a small chat with them, the problem came out (a fair one I must say) that "they are Slavers, not Junkers" (when I proposed turning to Junker ID) and "it would be waste of time and money to revert to Serenity" (when proposed this). Idea of turning these ships into Pirate Train doesn't also seem a good idea, since these are 1) illegal and 2) it would be immersion breaking, since PTrains are rather destined to move cargo, not people. Giving them unlawful ID is also lack of sense, since they are disallowed to 90% of bases in Sirius, which DO BUY Slaves.

What's the actual status of the dev team onto Pilgrim Liner? I see no reason why their cargo has been increased or should not be allowed to Freelancer ID with exceptional line. Their price is actually big enough (200M) to not to see a lot of these right away, Pilgrim lacks CM and is slower than a drunken pig (rendering it very easy target for bombers). True, it is powerful - but so is Corvo, having Cruiser Shield.
I didnt even realize the pilgrim cargo until i saw this thread and checked FLStat. What was the reason for the increase in cargo size, anyway? i had to go search the patch notes to find the ninja mention.
It was actually in announcement, but reasons behind changing 3600 into 4300 does not really make sense, since only handful of factions can use it (and won't really use it having cheaper alternative in form of Pirate Train). Wasn't that ship supposed to be for open use in the first place, when it was moved from Junker Techcell into Sirian Civilian one, then legalized all across the Sirius?

Let's be honest about it - it is more a roleplaying vessel, with itself being worn out and prepared for long sails across the Omicrons, most obviously the best fitting Freelancer ID for scientist RP.
It used to have that big hold long ago and it makes more sense to have this much than 3,6k, same hold size than a Serenity, than which the Pilgrim is three times bigger. It's just that back then prior to the hold nerf we used to have more IDs been merged into the FL ID since, the FL ID also had exceptions on Ptrain or Ptrans and the Pilgrim from the hold limit line of the ID.
we've had this discussion before

The Player Request I submitted to have an exemption added to the Freelancer ID was ignored/denied, join the Junkers, Rogues, or anyone really that isn't a freelancer, lord help us if they have more than 2 ships to pick from at the limit of their cargo requirements.
Why did that change? The exception, could it be because of the Civilian Carrier? Allthough it realy would be lovely if FL and Pirate ID would get Pilgrim and PTrain exception, both ways as they're both Sirius Unlawful ships.
At least in terms of cargo space the Pilgrim is a more viable option now.
Yes, it does. But then - no one actually would use that ship. Hypotetically: if I was Rogue or Junker and was given choice between Pilgrim and PTrain, I'd go with PTrain because it's more sleek and cheaper - as opposed to fat transport ship without any real purpose except for firepower which doesn't count against two bombers hitting slow and humongous target.
To be closed, since other thread exist out there, which was created yesterday and I've not noticed it.