Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OSC and IC affiliation clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let's say I am Kruger or IDF pirating around Omegas or Taus. And then, I come across OSC or IC player in said area(s).

Either ID allows me to pirate corporations that belong to house at war with Rheinland/Gallia - let's say Liberty-Rheinland Peace is not established into lore and ceasefire is not actual peace.

But then, we have IC and OSC - which according to their respective roleplay are no longer Liberty corporations, but Sirius-wide entities, in shape akin to GMG or IMG - having actually autonomous status as both OSC and IC are rather doing business outside their house and have bases outside their house of origin.
I came up with the same question a while ago, since although OSC does havesome Liberty origins, it is an independent and self sustaining company for long now. This is why for example we set the diplomacy ofthe now going for officialdome faction diplomacy to friendly only to Liberty. Further more, OSC doesn't even have ( at the moment) any establishments in Liberty. More or less the same goes for IC I suppose. But official clarification would be nice.
In my eyes both companies are Liberty based. Their main headquarters is located within Liberty as is probably their main assets.

But they have so much out of Liberty that is probably split into subsidiaries again that you can't really see either of the two as Libertonian anymore. But if any house sees that differently then we can't really argue about that.
(02-06-2016, 07:32 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]Either ID allows me to pirate corporations that belong to house at war with Rheinland/Gallia - let's say Liberty-Rheinland Peace is not established into lore and ceasefire is not actual peace.
Liberty-Rheinland peace is established into lore as announced here:
(01-03-2016, 10:07 PM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]4.88.4 - Rheinland & West Kusari Update

At long last, there is peace between Liberty and Rheinland.
The forum RP is unfortunately behind the actual development, but there are no fights anymore and both sides are at war only technically because peace treaty was not signed inRP. However Liberty really should not be considered as house at war with Rheinland anymore. Hopefully this issue will be finally solved and closed this month.

Regarding the IC and OSC status, from rules point of view neither of them is Liberty corporation in my opinion (don´t mix with inRP point of view...). Hint for IC is that they are assigned under Inter-House subforum in official factions section, not under Liberty one, so I take this that staff don´t consider them as Liberty entity. OSC in my opinion is not Liberty corporation as well and on top of that, it was not even restricted by Rheinland laws in any way, so in relation to Rheinland they can be hardly considered as subject for piracy based on Rheinland-Liberty hostility.

But I guess some green statement would be best.
I tried to make IC| into a Trans-Sirius org when I was still in power but people still considered them a Liberty-associated faction :p Would've been nice to get back into Rheinland before the official faction died but powers that be said otherwise <.<
(02-06-2016, 08:20 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]However Liberty really should not be considered as house at war with Rheinland anymore.

This is new for me, to be honest.

RM and LN almost shot at each other tomorrow's day in Hudson, then I suppose it was more like dogs barking at each other.
I was under the impression the Rheinland Government still treated IC and OSC as Liberty firms.
Seconding that Parvizal. If not one of the guys from IC| stating it, I'd never believe GRN lets IC go in Taus and Independents, despite their Libertonian tech and roots.
Skorak Wrote:In my eyes both companies are Liberty based. Their main headquarters is located within Liberty as is probably their main assets.

But they have so much out of Liberty that is probably split into subsidiaries again that you can't really see either of the two as Libertonian anymore. But if any house sees that differently then we can't really argue about that.

OS&C's headquarters has been on Curacao for over 300 years, beyond that the connection between the two are sparse to say the least.

IC is a bit trickier though given Rheinland's history with them I dare say they could be counted as fair game pirate wise.
So far as I'm concerned, OSC isn't a Liberty corp, but IC most certainly is. They're de facto a part of the financial apparatus that the Liberty government uses to exert pressure and control over the other houses.

Liberty would never allow them the degree of autonomy various player factions have sought to claim they had. They're a strategic asset that would not be yielded for the sake of a few relaxed trade restrictions abroad.

OSC has always operated outside of House borders specifically because they did not want to be incorporated within a house and therefore subjected to their laws. The only tie they have to Liberty is their liners being produced by DSE on contract. That doesn't even appear to be the case any more.
Pages: 1 2