Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Terrorist IDs and demands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey, I am learning to ask you green peeps such things, see? Just in case I get smacked for double demands after telling someone to shut up, hur-de-dur.

Jokes aside, I had a specific moment play out in my mind that requires a bit of a clarification regarding the Xeno Terrorist ID and piracy demands.

The situation was simple, I caught a non-libertonian trader going to Kusari with liberty goods. ID-wise I am allowed to kill this person without a demand. Does at this point it matter if I ask them a demand that would result in their death, if they are marked for death anyway.

For example holding him at gunpoint and making him fly into the sun. Or in the Z21 minefield if this happened in NY. Aka would an otherwise sancitonable demand (one that leads to the death of a trader if they comply) matter if it is done by an ID that can kill them on the spot anyway.

Secondly, I was going to make a demand that went something along the lines of "Now I want you to pray. Pray to whatever worthless deity you have bound yourself with. Pray and let me hear it." and then kill them.
So it is an RP demand the person complies to, but I still kill them. Does it matter if I am a terrorist ID and can kill them without a demand anyway.

Obviously, in this case we aren't talking about Cargo or monetary demands (The later being even impossible on the Xeno ID anyway).

EDIT: Don't worry, I am not shooting off their turrets, so their pilot is safe ))
EDIT2: Again, this does not include monetary or cargo demands. I am strictly talking about RP demands in general and RP demands that result in the death of the person.
(02-08-2016, 03:42 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]ID-wise I am allowed to kill this person without a demand. Does at this point it matter if I ask them a demand that would result in their death, if they are marked for death anyway.

That's, actually, a pretty good question. Seconding Spazzy here.
Again, this does not include monetary or cargo demands. I am strictly talking about RP demands in general and RP demands that result in the death of the person.
I don´t know about the rules, but making a demand, especially some RP one, and then killing the victim despite it played along and fulfilled it, is being a jerk level 9000 and should be sanctionable just for the sake of principle because it has incredible potential to cause lot of frustration and can only be used for griefing others. Especially in Liberty with lot of newbies which can be easily harmed.

So in my opinion, if you don´t want to cause nerf of Xeno ID, don´t do that.
(02-08-2016, 04:22 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]I don´t know about the rules, but making a demand, especially some RP one, and then killing the victim despite it played along and fulfilled it, is being a jerk level 9000 and should be sanctionable [...]

Stop judging that every choice IRP has direct oorp intent behind it. This is why we have a community full of weaklings right now, who cannot handle drama or any sort of mental challenge. This is an RP sever, handle what is going on from an irp point of view. Otherwise you might as well not bother have unlawful IDs if it hurts your feelings when people act bad and you cannot immerse yourself if you are on the receiving end.
(02-08-2016, 04:22 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]I don´t know about the rules, but making a demand, especially some RP one, and then killing the victim despite it played along and fulfilled it, is being a jerk level 9000 and should be sanctionable just for the sake of principle because it has incredible potential to cause lot of frustration and can only be used for griefing others. Especially in Liberty with lot of newbies which can be easily harmed.

So in my opinion, if you don´t want to cause nerf of Xeno ID, don´t do that.

The thing is that this sort of behaviour is to be expected from a faction that is essentially a Liberty-supremacy one; some hatred for citizens of other houses is to be expected (The Xenos are an ultranationalist terrorist group in Liberty who focus on the expulsion of foreigners.). In this case, it's nothing personal, just RP.
(02-08-2016, 04:31 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2016, 04:22 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]I don´t know about the rules, but making a demand, especially some RP one, and then killing the victim despite it played along and fulfilled it, is being a jerk level 9000 and should be sanctionable [...]

Stop judging that every choice IRP has direct oorp intent behind it. This is why we have a community full of weaklings right now, who cannot handle drama or any sort of mental challenge.

Harshly put, but true. If the "RP" in the servername has any merit to it, people really need to learn seperating player and character.

That goes both ways, of course. There are a lot of people that pursue grudges in ooRP ways, most of them using unlawful IDs or IDs opposed to the ones their grudges go against. It has to start somewhere, though - and with the kind of hugbox-attitude we currently have we will not get anywhere.
Just for clarification - I don´t have issues with Xenos doing their job and killing foreigners.

But I can imagine the frustration of the people on the other side of encounter when they play along just to be blued in the end. I don´t see any positives on this. Maybe there will be few who will enjoy that (despite I doubt that), but for sure lot of people will be annoyed. Especially in Liberty, where this can be one of the first RP encounters which newbies have on the server. Do you think this will motivate them to continue playing the game, or to roleplay with hostiles instead of silently thrusting away?

But it seems caring about feelings of other side is bad thing which harms the server these days. Oh well...
(02-08-2016, 04:45 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Just for clarification - I don´t have issues with Xenos doing their job and killing foreigners.

But I can imagine the frustration of the people on the other side of encounter when they play along just to be blued in the end. I don´t see any positives on this. Maybe there will be few who will enjoy that (despite I doubt that), but for sure lot of people will be annoyed. Especially in Liberty, where this can be one of the first RP encounters which newbies have on the server. Do you think this will motivate them to continue playing the game, or to roleplay with hostiles instead of silently thrusting away?

But it seems caring about feelings of other side is bad thing which harms the server these days. Oh well...

Not being outright disruptive to the server gameplay is one thing, but I think the way you describe it is an insult to a grown human being. It is as if to say that most people we have right now are so mentally weak that they cannot handle losing or bad things happening to them. If you go into a game expecting to win every time, you do not stick around for long. There is no challenge to it. If we look down at our members and build a ruleset and guidelines like that of a mother's skirt to hide under all day, then what is the point of Discovery being based on Freelancer and not Farmwille?
Making a demand that he fly in to planet or some other way to kill him self if unreasonable , because you basicly tell him :
"i want to kill you , but i want your cooperation in order to kill you in a way it pleases me more " .
If i am to face choice will i obey and crash to planet and loose all cargo , or to try to fight my way out (in that casee worst case scenario is , again , to die and loose all cargo) , why the hell will i take option 1 ? Angel
Pages: 1 2 3