Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Give me your characters (for XCOM 2 character pool)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, community. As many of you may've heard, XCOM 2 got released recently. For those who haven't heard about it, it's a turn-based tactics where you take command of the resistance movement against alien oppressors.

The game provides plenty of opportunities to customize your squad, including names, outfits, looks and even biographies of your characters. Furthermore, it even allows you to make dozens of characters in advance, and they can appear in your campaign. The feature is called character pool. Obviously, the more characters you prepare in advance, the better.

That's where you come in. I'm asking for your consent to use your Discovery characters in my XCOM 2 character pool, which I may publish at a later date.

Here're the characters that are in there so far (although that's not all of them): http://imgur.com/a/nFCIV

If I intended it just for my personal use, I would've created the characters I wanted and called it a day. But should I actually create enough of interesting characters, I would like to have the option to publish that character pool at a later date.

What do I need?

1. Your permission to create one (or, preferably, more) of your characters in my XCOM 2 character pool.

2. The character's first name, last name and callsign, as well as approximate age and a country of origin. A short bio (2-3 sentences) that fits the setting would be awesome.

Brief description of the setting: the game takes place in 2035. The aliens arrived in 2015, fought a brief war that left civilization in ruins, and then united Earth under a single banner. They built magnificent cities to where many people moved. However, some people are still wary of the new ways and prefer to settle in remote areas.

This setting enables you to make the origin and the backstory of your characters more diverse than Freelancer's houses allow it. As in, your characters don't have to be from Germany, US, UK, Italy, Spain, France and Japan only.

3. A picture of the said character(s) - so that I can get it right.

4. The way you want your character to appear (multiple options possible):

• as a soldier of the resistance (one of the potential members of your squad)

• as a supporting character (be it a VIP or an engineer/scientist at the base)

as an enemy VIP (you have to capture or eliminate those alien supporters over the course of the campaign)

4. Your class preferences (optional, only one option applies):

• machine gun + grenade launcher

• sword + shotgun

• revolver + sniper rifle

• assault rifle + drone

• assault rifle + psi-power

5. Anything else worth mentioning: color and outfit preferences, etc.

Why should you bother?
It is an opportunity to make your character known outside of Discovery. People will get frustrated as your character misses a shot at an alien two steps away... or they will contemplate in awe as the same character slices a robot open with a sword.

Not to mention that if you ever choose to play XCOM 2, I'd be glad to share whatever characters I'd have in the pool at that point. As I said, the more the better.
Lily Wayne sword + shotgun
Oh god, dude, you should totally re-do the Order + Core characters thing again..

Phantom did that.

Apparently my character had a shotgun. Sniped an enemy that was on the roof, with 1% hit chance and killed it. Shotgun sniping bird. Amazing.

Golanski also basically saved the universe in his game.

1. duh
2. Sapphire Raven, in their 20's
3. http://i.imgur.com/wKTyeZO.png http://imgur.com/IPUD9h8
4. sword + shotgun - SHOTGUNBIRDSNIPER2016
5. Blues. Purples. cold/mystic. Core colours.

GO FREE MY CHILD
Feel free. You already know my two main characters. Feel free to get Wilcott killed as well, just for lols Smile
Hey, I did this too in Enemy Within. I think it was probably the most fun I've had the entire length of last summer.

Well, since I'm trying to evolve a more or less 'new' character now, here's my Lexy Hawkins. Age twenty three, military gal, American. (Liberty Navy, duh.) Don't know if you can change the height of the person, but she's probably around 1,70m (no idea how to measure height in feet, sorry.). Will probably fit best with the Assault Rifle and the Drone, since there's no AR + Magnum setup. If you could drop her with the others in a squad, that would be great. (sun)

Color would probably be light blue or turquoise.
Not sure about the outfit, but she certainly wouldn't be the "heavy armor grr tanky slow" person. If only I'd have X-COM 2 myself so I could check the things in it, but oh well.

And about the backround? Uhh...
Oops.

Still didn't manage to write it down into words yet, so I guess I'll give you some little traits;
She's ambitious and patriotic. Overly cocky, thinks she's the best at everything she does, but would still take a bullet for the team without much hesitation. Despite all of that, she's quite lazy when the threat isn't that big, no matter the situation. Always stays optimistic. The only thing that she would be afraid of is gigantic mechanisms of destruction. Anything of her size or a little bigger won't do much to her confidence.

I'm slightly dizzy currently so point out if I missed anything.

also:
(02-08-2016, 07:31 PM)Nyx Wrote: [ -> ]Oh god, dude, you should totally re-do the Order + Core characters thing again..

Phantom did that.

Apparently my character had a shotgun. Sniped an enemy that was on the roof, with 1% hit chance and killed it. Shotgun sniping bird. Amazing.

Golanski also basically saved the universe in his game.

don't forget how erik nodtviet missed a rocket shot and teamkilled sapphire raven aelita stone and a few others i forgot leaving zoe valentine ivy noire and tal ravis to finish the mission alone
Thanks, I'll take answers in any form I can get them. Of course, that would mean that some characters would take longer time to make because I'd have to look them up... But then again, I'll make whatever characters I get in this thread, and if some info's missing... well, I'll have to use my imagination to fill in the gaps.

Again, thanks to everyone who's posted so far, gonna make this character pool as large as possible.
(02-08-2016, 07:53 PM)Catbert Wrote: [ -> ]well, I'll have to use my imagination to fill in the gaps.

Was hoping you'd say that.
As fun as it could be to know a lot of things about the characters you're making and all, it gets frustrating if you can't do that bit because of the game or you don't know an important bit.

I had this too in Enemy Within and I have to say that it was a ton of fun filling the gaps myself, because that was I got attached to characters that weren't even mine, because my subconscious told me "yo you put effort into making this character as similar to the original as you could so better keep him/her alive."

Remember to keep it as fun as possible for yourself for the most part. (sun)
1. Permission granted.
Feel free to take anything from Skorak's Characters and Feedback.

But I picked two of my favorites and another one that will fit great as a VIP if you like.

You can find more stuff in the list or I supply it. However you want. Will you do videos?
Thanks, that's exactly what I need. Videos are unlikely, but I'll gladly share the characters I create with anyone who has XCOM 2 and is willing to do videos. That'll probably save them quite some time. That's the benefit of XCOM 2: once you create the characters, you can just send a file, and whoever wants it can use all/some of the characters in the campaign.
That sounds great. I will get it eventually. So I will call for it then.
Pages: 1 2