Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hardpoint help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys , I need a bit of help.

Not so long ago told me I can add more than one pilot hardpoints to a model. I'm starting to figure that it isn't exactly how he tought it will be, or I'm doing it wrong.

Is this actually possible ? If so , could someone shed some light on it for me ? Cause trying to get to for a few days now, but like he doesn't care ..

Thanks in advance.
I'm not so sure about having multiple pilots (I've never really tried it / needed it), but can't you just simply add another HpPilot through HardCMP to your model?

I'm not exactly sure HOW FL adds the pilot actually to the ship, nor if it will do it to all available HpPilot hardpoints, or if it does it solely to "HpPilot", but not to "HpPilot01" or any other.
Tried adding the hardpoint with numbers, did't work, it didn't have any pilots at all. Then I tried adding 4 hardpoints without the numbers , only added 1. :/ And I'm getting pretty pissed from this thing ...
Yeah, just tried it myself, had the exact same result as you had. Using the numbering sheme wont work at all, and multiple without numbers will only use one.

I dunno, unless there is some file inside the freelancer folder which is like pilot = HpPilot or something; your best choice would be to manually add the pilot model into your ship-model.
That I'd rather skip, cause each pilot adds 480 poly to the model, which would kick the end number way higher than what the "Dev Tam" approves.
However, INI file editing might work.
Here, I found something on lancers reactor:

Quote:"That's correct, the pilot model sits on hardpoint HpPilot only. If you want more than one pilot to be visible you can import the pilot model into your model and export it as a group with your ship.
The pilot model is DATA\EQUIPMENT\MODELS\PILOT\pilot.3db"

Hopefully this might help.
Yeah, I found that too, unfortunately with each "pilot" being 480 poly, it'd be impossible to keep the 3k poly limit set by the dev team :/

The thing is, I wanted to have a 4 pilot setup and modelled the cockpit according to that, however adding 1.2k extra poly isn't really a good way to go ( making a super heavy fighter have 4.5k poly )
Don't worry about it, just add the pilots. It's going to be extra polygons whether they're integrated into the model or hardpointed on anyway.
Is it really mandatory to have a pilot hardpoint ? cause I threw a few hardpoints on the ship yesterday but no pilot hardpoint was added and the ship was flying pretty well ..
No Pilot hardpoints means you just wont have the pilot model put into it by the game. It has little to no effect on how the ship will perform.
Pages: 1 2