Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Leaving, yes its me thats doing this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well the time has finally come. Yes you can call this a ragequit. I've been playing a lot lately and the problems and imbalances of the game have now driven me to the brink of madness.

first of all, no one with a cloak should ever die with a full tank. I'm sick and tired of anything like a Train CD'ing me.

I tried to redeem on 1 bounty, first time in forever, on a transport.

But, as usual, the weapons ranges are shorter than they are written as. The CD range is obviously shorter than 3.5 k cuz i'm watching ships with no CM fly away from me well below 2000m and they turn slightly...and get away?

Last, no such thing as a fair fight. Heaven forbid when you hunt someone they actually stay and 1v1 you. You got caught by the balls, now fight it out like a man. Run and then turn and act big that you can fight while you hug a base and then when I"m cleaned out, take ME out. they should never have got that far, no way in hell. had we fought it out in the first place where they were intercepted...but in the end a trade lane is just a few meters away, and the other guy always gets away, regardless of what the metrics say should happen! Its pathetic. Silent traders who won't even have it in them to duke it out once. Who as ever killed me in 1v1? Oh yeah, no one, cuz no one will fight me without a friend. Had this been piracy I might think it fitting, but this was a challenge that was met with the wormiest of responses, and worked out for them because using a cloak to escape when you need it is UNFAIR?? yet snubs can do it no problem...that's ok (?)

There are too many things that don't make sense, its been weighing on me and I feel its time to bow out before I wind up hating this place with a passion. Congrats, you guys can RP the destruction of Argo and Antares. Since you couldn't just fight it out, you have to silently trade, snitch on other players, and won't even fight it out fairly. I'm getting a new pc and leaving this place behind.

Sorry I must hault all my ongoing RP but its pointless anyways. People are all about taking the cheapest way to victory on this server, and the people with the best internet connections and more time to blow on the game, win anyways. I'm tired of not even being able to take down ONE transport because my weapons dont go as far as the stats show, my CD just DOESN"T WORK when it definitely should, and after someone gets away, theres NO WAY to close the gap because they were too terrified to add speed boosting ability during cruise. heaven forbid someone not waste hours and lose over a 2 second margin of error. hit dock too close to the lane? Its ok it'll just add 60s to your time, meaning any hope of catching someone has to wait another few hours...

Last case in point, bases are too frequent. There's practically a base at every jumpgate, and if not, one on the other side. Its just too easy for the trader. yet Unlawful bases are all 30-40 k out. Why don't you guys just remove the pirate ID, remove piracy from the game, and any other form of PVP inducing activity. Just end death ability on the server so everyone can be safe while trading.

Anyways, love all you guys in the Congress, AFC, Nemo, Toris, Badperson (Aces and Eric wherever you are, I guess I'm going where you guys are)

Oh and to armstrong, how often do you fight? You fly prepared for one, but you won't even take your chances on 1 real 1v1? No you got away,with no CM on your ship which made me a little mad and confused. You wanted to live? thats fine, its pretty sad though that since I actually had the balls to keep fighting, I die with an escape means still unused because even your train friend can CD me. Now I know why you guys only play like that, you rarely ever have to lose because EVERYTHING works out in your favor. Well I just can't hack it or I'm tired of convincing myself that its all happening the way it should. When no CM ships get away well within 3.5k of my Reinforced CD, I'm done with this. If this thing worked like it should, he'd have been kept in the battle, and we'd have had a real fair fight. Enjoy it, since you rarely take any risk yourself, have fun trading, only ever on the lanes, never 20k from a safe port. BTW I'm not saying anyone cheated or rulebroke, don't try to trial by forum'ing me, it was all within the rules, it was just totally non-sense of how it worked out.

No ones getting my ships, i'll keep them until i feel otherwise, I may make some donations but i'll have to think about what and what. Its kind of a shame too but after everything you do to work hard at any of the skillful things you can do in this game, too much goes wrong over poor mechanics. I know the guys i just fought think everything's just great but they don't really ever do much but trade it seems so i wouldn't be surprised by that. I am tired of losing to ships because they can escape when they shouldn't, and I can't when I should. End of story. AFAIC they barely even play this game, while others like me actually play it to its fullest potential even despite the fact that the odds are terribly stacked against me. I don't care if you don't like leaving theads, I have friends here and people I interact with and this saves me from having to PM and skype until I'm blue in the face. This game had the chance to impress me today, again, despite the cost, I die with no use of my cloak, when surviving the charge time isn't enough...I basically just ditch my CM and hand death to the other guy, the second the tides turn. No, I know that if everything worked out the way the ranges and speeds say on the cards, I wouldn't be writing this, but instead a bounty claim. I know how this should have worked out, and basically because I was willing to finish it despite the fact nothing works how I think it will, get finished myself. Well when you ask why Antares is dead, remind folks its because he was crazy enough to think his CD would work the way it says. Don't call me crazy either, this has been a problem I've ignored for way too long, I remember every time someone gets away even when they have no CM and are well within range. I called myself crazy, and one time too many.

I had great times, I can't lie on that, but I'm done. I will not endure one more moment of unbalanced BS from this game. Call me crazy, but this battle was a make or break because I know how it should have ended, its simple math, and I watched this guy receive miracles (not just him, others recently I just didn't flip publicly over), and I can't compete with miracles. I'd accuse of cheating but I know its not just him, there are too many times I know I lost out due to glitches or incorrect values on the infocards. There's no point to getting to where I'm at because it can all go sour at the last minute over poor mechanics or glitches. If you wan't to good riddance me, by all means this is your chance to get it in.
obligatory can i have your ships
I considered this post to be too long

semicolon

therefor, I did not read it.
its in your blood, you will be itching very soon to come back

anyways I met you other day in Shikoku, in my transport, was a bit of confusion, but it all worked out well for both of us

like i said then, "theres not a lot of honest people about"

so we need to set an example, you leaving, will not do that will it, so until when or if we meet again

safe flights
(02-13-2016, 10:53 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]obligatory can i have your ships

no give them to me pls
While I understand you want to leave, I did not read Tongue I just believe people should do what they want, but flood wasnt the best place to put this.

:/

enjoy elsewhere
Hang on, was that bounty hunting the time you tried to blow Core|Byron.Hall up? I was strafing and whatnot at the time, so it may have looked different.
wow this post
too long
bye
(02-13-2016, 10:48 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: [ -> ]No ones getting my ships, i'll keep them until i feel otherwise, I may make some donations but i'll have to think about what and what.

For those who didn't read Smile
Nothing of value has been lost.
Construct more pylons.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5