Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First off i am using a cracked version of freelancer that hasn't failed me yet. My comp decided to have a field day and without reason delete my discovery folders. I redownloaded the launcher and i cannot locate the .EXE file to bind the launcher to the game. Like i have it. I see it but the launcher won't allow me to put its files anywhere.

Can anyone help me here
Tried reinstalling freelancer and discovery?
Find a file in your discovery folder titled "DSLauncher" , and use it for launching the game
You don't need to bind anything, It's already bound
(02-14-2016, 09:46 AM)Solitaire Metropolis Wrote: [ -> ]Find a file in your discovery folder titled "DSLauncher" , and use it for launching the game
You don't need to bind anything, It's already bound

no its not like that. The freelancer file is from a cracked version of the game. but when i'm trying to use the launcher and going through the installation it won't locate the games folder so i can complete the install
(02-14-2016, 09:46 AM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]Tried reinstalling freelancer and discovery?

Freelancer is stored on a flash drive while i redownloaded the launcher. the launcher can't seem to locate the files
(02-14-2016, 09:49 AM)LyonHall1 Wrote: [ -> ]cracked
If you've got a torrent claiming freelancer is cracked, you've prob been had, i've been using illegal copies of freelancer for over a decade and have no memory of a crack ever being needed.
[Image: NOI8uat.png]
This^ is literally the only time you need to point disco to freelancer.
Also you don't download the launcher solo, it comes with the discovery setup.
Your problem might be it being on a flash drive, try installing it on a legit drive.
(02-14-2016, 10:05 AM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2016, 09:49 AM)LyonHall1 Wrote: [ -> ]cracked
If you've got a torrent claiming freelancer is cracked, you've prob been had, i've been using illegal copies of freelancer for over a decade and have no memory of a crack ever being needed.
[Image: NOI8uat.png]
This^ is literally the only time you need to point disco to freelancer.
Also you don't download the launcher solo, it comes with the discovery setup.
Your problem might be it being on a flash drive, try installing it on a legit drive.

well i've had this cracked version for god knows how long
(02-14-2016, 10:20 AM)LyonHall1 Wrote: [ -> ]well i've had this cracked version for god knows how long
Tried installing freelancer and disco on a normal HDD/SSD?
(02-14-2016, 10:22 AM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2016, 10:20 AM)LyonHall1 Wrote: [ -> ]well i've had this cracked version for god knows how long
Tried installing freelancer and disco on a normal HDD/SSD?

well here is another thing normally copy the folder that is freelancer onto my C drive and it sits there there really is no installing the vanilla game at all. I download the launcher and go from there. This time however it doesn't want to do that at all.
(02-14-2016, 10:26 AM)LyonHall1 Wrote: [ -> ]well here is another thing normally copy the folder that is freelancer onto my C drive and it sits there there really is no installing the vanilla game at all. I download the launcher and go from there. This time however it doesn't want to do that at all.
What error message do you get?
Pages: 1 2