Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea || Factions & POB Propaganda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Everybody,

Yesterday while i was moving some shipments from a place to another, I meet someone who stopped me and said " Pick up our newsletter and carry on" , i then noticed that he dropped a propaganda ... so i took it to save my life lol, and i moved forward, so when i reached my destination, i opened the info on this propaganda and found that is a default info-card, same for all the factions.... so my eyes shined a little bit lol and this idea came to my mind, and i want to share it with you, so maybe it can be done!

I know from the game that the developers can add new commodities, so depending on that, comes my idea.
What if there is a propaganda commodity for every faction that request one!! So for example, Red Hessians Propaganda should say inside the info card, something like "" Join the Revolution now, can't you see the corruption around you, we are the rightful government of rhienland "" and other factions too should have their own propaganda, so when someone give his/her propaganda in space, i open, read and get affected, then maybe switch to their side hahaha ! , think about it. can it be done?

Feedback welcomed
Yes. .
(02-17-2016, 06:46 AM)Malmsteen Wrote: [ -> ]Red Hessians "" Join the Revolution now, can't you see the corruption around you, we are the rightful government of rhienland ""

The above statement is incredibly biased.
(02-17-2016, 08:45 AM)LunaticOnTheGrass Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2016, 06:46 AM)Malmsteen Wrote: [ -> ]Red Hessians "" Join the Revolution now, can't you see the corruption around you, we are the rightful government of rhienland ""

The above statement is incredibly biased.
Maybe that´s because it is propaganda Smile

To the OP - problem is that it would mean adding a lot of commodities because you would have a lot of different propagandas - more than ten, even maybe around twenty. In every house there would be at least one lawful propaganda (or even more if for example corporations would want to have their own propaganda/advertisement) and more than one unlawful (because Hessians can´t have same propaganda as Unioners or Bunschuh unless it will be very general statement like "Down with corrupted government", Mollys propaganda would not be same as Gaians, then there are Blood Dragons, angry farmers in Kusari and Rheinland, Xenos, Hellfire Legion etc.).
(02-17-2016, 08:58 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]To the OP - problem is that it would mean adding a lot of commodities because you would have a lot of different propagandas - more than ten, even maybe around twenty. In every house there would be at least one lawful propaganda (or even more if for example corporations would want to have their own propaganda/advertisement) and more than one unlawful (because Hessians can´t have same propaganda as Unioners or Bunschuh unless it will be very general statement like "Down with corrupted government", Mollys propaganda would not be same as Gaians, then there are Blood Dragons, angry farmers in Kusari and Rheinland, Xenos, Hellfire Legion etc.).

To be fair, I wouldn't mind writing some propaganda if the leaders of various Official or Unofficial factions want to drop me a PM with your ideas/general goals to be illustrated. If Xoria's willing to split all of those Propaganda items each into a different "commodity", then I have no problem doing the rest of the grunt work.
You are Awesome! , yes please do it
, I know that it's a huge amount of info and cards but why not mate, it would be awesome to have that - i think that grouping some unlawful factions under one propaganda, is not a great difference, but having one added for each upon request, would be awesome

PS: i can really help in this if you want, just tell me what to do and i ll do it, Writing propaganda examples etc.. , i can do it.
Also it would be great if this idea can be done for official factions only although it would be more great to include POBs Advertisments propaganda too hehe
Can there be anti Core/Gallia/Whatever ones that just say #DeleteCore/Gallia/Whatever?
That's an interesting idea. WIll need a bit of writing, but it should be worth trying.

//ooT:
(02-17-2016, 09:25 AM)Findarato Veneanar Wrote: [ -> ]Can there be anti Core/Gallia/Whatever ones that just say #DeleteCore/Gallia/Whatever?
And #DeleteCaps one
I can help writing those if needed. I like the idea.
I wonder if we could 1 up this and rework the custom player infocard system for FLHook to write out individual descriptions for the commodity.

It would require each one to be linked to a unique identifier somehow and I'm not sure how to do that off the top of my head, but it would be really cool if you could write your own propaganda and drop it in space.
Pages: 1 2 3