Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok,

My entire system is now riddled with spyware and viruses... now random sound clips are playing at random times on my pc... It sounds like some random woman talking in a foreign language and some yelling.

No programs are running, and so far it's only happened once...

AVG can't find anything... any suggestions guys?

Ah, it's going again.

AHA! I think it's starting up Internet explorer in the background (Was watching the processes tab when it went off, and iExplorer started up), just forced quit it, and voila, no more sound.

However, I think I need to format my HD...

I need help with doing this please...

Thanks,

Seth
AVG is good - but not too good for serious stuff - try Avast and make a deep scan ( will take a loooong time ) - usually Avast is pretty good at detecting almost everything - also run spybot SD
Have run Spybot SD.

And my computer is doomed I think. I have the Vista installation CD next to me, and am saving my files now to my server.

How do I wipe my PC? After that what do I do? Do I just boot from the cd?

' Wrote:Have run Spybot SD.

And my computer is doomed I think. I have the Vista installation CD next to me, and am saving my files now to my server.

How do I wipe my PC? After that what do I do? Do I just boot from the cd?

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/home.jsp

And the activition code is found at *cough* serials *cough* *cough*
safest method is to access the MS dos mode upon booting - perform a "format c:" and then reboot and setup from your CD / DVD ( make sure your version is self bootable )

from there on, everything is automatic - and will probably take several hours until your computer is back to "normal" - with all the drivers and settings you might customize...
Guys, I have had several .dll's in System32 deleted.

I CAN'T HEAL THIS.

So, please stop sending me anti-virus links, I need to know how to wipe this thing, and then re-install.
Thanks Jinx!
additionally:

- make sure your BIOS checks for your CD/DVD instead of your 3.5 disc ( some older BIOS ask for a start-disc )
- make sure that you backup drivers and essential files on a data stick or something ( you ll be thankful for that )
- windows setup might ask you to erase partitions / and or file systems. - thats mostly up to you. if a partition was erased - you can set it up again using the /fdisc command in MS dos or norton commander
- you also might want to set a system restore point right after you have finished setting up the BASIC windows after reinstalling. ( that is - after you have installed the important MS updates / drivers etc. ) - and KEEP it. that way, you can always return to the original state after a fresh installation. - a very useful restore point ( saves you trouble much )
- for the future, it helps to install windows on a different HDD than your main harddisc - and or install a "skeleton windows" on a second HDD that you never touch in your daily routine. that way, you can always access the explorer, even if your main windows crashes ( by uploading the backup windows [ dunno if it works with vista though ] - on my machine, i run windows XP sp2 - and windows 98 on a secondary HDD.. so i can always get into my explorer, even if the main windows crashes fully )
- i also found it beneficial to assign a datastick ( usb ) - and use AVG or another anti-virus software to that stick. - there are some programs that can block AVG or other popular anti-virus softwares. by putting it on a separate stick, it "can" avoid this problem, cause those programs often search for the logical location in your explorer. - so you can unplug the stick when you don t need it - and only run AVG when you want it to run - otherwise, it ll remain disconnected from your computer and cannot be tempered with.
Great advice! Thanks Jinx.

Right now I'm compressing my regular files and then uploading them onto my server.

Where are my drivers? Saving them sounds like a good idea. (I have Vista)
If you hard drive is up to 90%+ full that can be your problem here.
Pages: 1 2