Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello all, and a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there,

Not much to say really. Long time Freelancer player, played Disco way back when (I don't recall the version, but I remember having the ship from Firefly/Serenity and mining silver endlessly). Found my way back after sharing some of the bar music with a friend and realising how much I missed it (and feeling very disappointed with Elite Dangerous). Played Crossfire for a while (single player only) but lets just say my solutions to some of the biggest irks with that mod were met with hostility. Modders who hate modding. Weird bunch.

Anyhoops, currently only have 1 character, James Burden, working for DSE in a Bison Class Armoured Transport. Earned a tidy little profit of just over 200mil, and well, now to the question. I would like to create another character to RP fully with (don't see many people on long freight runs really; RP is basically "hello there" or someone demanding my cargo or payment if I am very unlucky) and my leaning is towards a Police or Military char. What I am pondering is what service to join to be most effective. What I mean is, lets say there are many many Liberty Navy players, but very few Rheinland, or loads of LSF but few LPI, it'd be better for all to "spread it around a bit" and play a character that is less common. Comes from my re-enactment background. Many many British, but few Germans, so who do we fight against?

I suppose its all a matter of opinion rather than fact (is there any way even the devs can tell who is playing what? ID's perhaps, but, can that data easily be polled?) but, I welcome the community's input on the matter. Smile

Thanks!
If you're looking forward to join a faction which needs players, this will be your friend.

Welcome. Smile
I would recommend Liberty Police, not only can you take bribes, they have a radar function thats fun to play with as well
(02-20-2016, 05:31 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend Liberty Police, not only can you take bribes, they have a radar function thats fun to play with as well

I like this guy.

Anyways welcome.
Hello and welcome to the forums. If you have any questions regarding the server feel free to send them to me on pm or skype (protegeeee) or to any other Angels. <shameless plugging on> And if you're looking for some RP trading endeavours then you can check out Wisp Innovations in my sig.

THERE IS NO EXIT
Thank you all, and I shall review that list and have a ponder on where I should enlist Smile
Welcome back, Actually it's very strange to see players leaving very new games to join ancient ones
But the only thing i can observe is that we have here a group of developers and administrators, making things much better than many other servers
So welcome one more time and if you are looking for business in Rhienland space then contact me, because simply, We are Diamonds Smile

Have a great time on Discovery Gaming Community (GC)
having an LPI id gives you access to tlagsnet which tells you where a ship entry a trade lane and where it exits ,plus you can see the cargo,turrets..

being part of official LPI faction also gives you access to a command that prevents ships from docking on lawful bases(dont remember the details),but it also limits you as to what ships you can fly and probably how you act,as in taking bribes or doing the silly things you might expect from a corporate police force

or you may join bhg and hunt unlawfuls sirius wide than limit yourself to a Zone of Influence (such as liberty)
indie lpi > official lpi
Welcome. hmm, if you want to put your activity where it can be best utilized, Kusari is awfully short of lawfuls. More players would be welcomed up there
Pages: 1 2