Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Member tempbanned: Tal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Account name: Tal
Duration: 48 hours

The Rules Wrote:1. Not allowed on Discovery forums or server:
1.2 Trolling or harassing other members of the community
Communication Channel Rules Wrote:2. If a transmission is not directed at you, or it is made clear that you are not a party to the communication, don't post in it.

Comments: Despite the fact that the communication was sent to a specific party, and that specific party was not you in any way, shape, or form, you decided to post in that thread anyway, and in a manner that is somewhere between Flood and the garbage bin.

While perhaps a minor offense, you certainly know better, and your leash is tight enough already. Take these two days to relax or you might find yourself off the forums for a much longer period of time.

Moderator Link: HERE
How in any way, shape, or form was this a violation of 1.2? I can accept the second part, minus the part where numerous other parties who the transmission wasn't directed to posted as well, but come on, 1.2?
(03-02-2016, 03:57 PM)S A D B O Y Wrote: [ -> ]How in any way, shape, or form was this a violation of 1.2? I can accept the second part, minus the part where numerous other parties who the transmission wasn't directed to posted as well, but come on, 1.2?

The post was quite clearly flood-level material, and that's being charitable. You and I both know that the post was only meant to troll the other users in that communication.
(03-02-2016, 05:27 PM)John Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2016, 03:57 PM)S A D B O Y Wrote: [ -> ]How in any way, shape, or form was this a violation of 1.2? I can accept the second part, minus the part where numerous other parties who the transmission wasn't directed to posted as well, but come on, 1.2?

The post was quite clearly flood-level material, and that's being charitable. You and I both know that the post was only meant to troll the other users in that communication.

Google Trolling Definition Wrote:make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

I don't see how my post was made with the intention of provoking people. It was a harmless joke, just like the other harmless jokes in that thread that are all just as equally flood-level material.

I didn't say anything that could even be mildly considered as offensive or anger-provoking in my post. Did you even read it? All it was was me hopping on the transmission meming bandwagon with a bunch of people that I know. I didn't just post randomly in somebody's thread.
I mean, I just wanna put my word in since this is my thread. I didn't see the post in particular, but I wouldn't put it past Lizzie to accidentally make an entire comm entirely public by accident, which could've/would've added to the humor. I can understand the reasoning behind this tempban, but I think contacting me first in this case could've been nice. Then again, I didn't see the contents of the posts in specific.
The problem lies in the fact that, while the roleplay might be quasi-serious, and the quality might be "low", you still cannot simply insert yourself into threads you're not invited to for the purpose of making "harmless jokes". Given the fact that you're on indefinite probation, and the fact that you've been a community member for quite some time, you should quite simply know better.

(03-02-2016, 05:31 PM)S A D B O Y Wrote: [ -> ]All it was was me hopping on the transmission meming bandwagon with a bunch of people that I know. I didn't just post randomly in somebody's thread.

If this was the case, then I suppose you had explicit permission to post in the thread, just like everyone else? Or perhaps you were a member of the Bundschuh on Bruchsal Base, where the communication was delivered in the first place. Unfortunately, I sincerely doubt that the former is the case, and am positive that the latter is not.

I'm afraid the innocent act just doesn't quite cut it, Tal. My advice is to take the 48 hours and reconsider your approach.
(03-02-2016, 11:51 PM)John Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]The problem lies in the fact that, while the roleplay might be quasi-serious, and the quality might be "low", you still cannot simply insert yourself into threads you're not invited to for the purpose of making "harmless jokes". Given the fact that you're on indefinite probation, and the fact that you've been a community member for quite some time, you should quite simply know better.

(03-02-2016, 05:31 PM)S A D B O Y Wrote: [ -> ]All it was was me hopping on the transmission meming bandwagon with a bunch of people that I know. I didn't just post randomly in somebody's thread.

If this was the case, then I suppose you had explicit permission to post in the thread, just like everyone else? Or perhaps you were a member of the Bundschuh on Bruchsal Base, where the communication was delivered in the first place. Unfortunately, I sincerely doubt that the former is the case, and am positive that the latter is not.

I'm afraid the innocent act just doesn't quite cut it, Tal. My advice is to take the 48 hours and reconsider your approach.

I never said anywhere that I didn't accept the second half of the ban. I'm saying that 1.2 shouldn't apply here because there was no malicious intent when I made the transmission.