Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Status Reports: February 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The January FSRs have proved to be immensely helpful in assessing the current health of factions and catching up with forgotten work. The dev team has also taken notice of the points brought up in the FSRs and you may have been contacted by a dev team member regarding what you previously wrote.

Well here we go, a lot has happened in February (or not) and we'll like to know how your faction has been doing since the last FSR.

You have seven days to submit your reports.
No posts except status reports, thank you.
Faction Status Report
Gas Miners Guild - GMG|

Provide a brief summary of what your faction has done this month
Helium-3 and law enforcement.

What roleplay has your faction been involved in?
Dealing with a mean person.
More dealing with a mean person.
Friends.

Oppressing free speech.

Improving trade.
Further improving trade.

Is your faction experiencing problems the community could help with?
No.

Are there any outstanding requests linked to your faction?
No.

Is there anything you would like to add?
No.
Faction Status Report
Liberty Police Incorporated - LPI-

Lots of forum work, serious rank adjustments, daily patrols and the usual MD post spam.

Nothing to major but a lot of registrations etc. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Not really, need more smugglers as always and thats about it.

Auxia FR5

Nothing.
Faction Status Report
Junker Congress .:j:.

Regestering ships with LPI, base stuff, meetings/contracts with other factions in game etc, general forum transmissions, prem scrap moving, smuggling, bounty stuff, decommissioned a base (PdT), other assorted in game RP.

Ageira
PdT decomissioning
Contract with USI
LPI
AFC
LPI
Outcasts
base supply contracts
Niverton Rogues
LPI
AFC
Bounty stuff
Cincinnati
LPI

Probably more, this was just what I could find for the time being.

No

Don't believe so

No
Faction Status Report
Interspace Commerce - IC|

Mostly trading whether that was Plat or gold ore.

IC News
Poena deliveries

No

Proposed Bonn rumors in the Development Sub-forum

No
Faction Status Report
Temporary Autonomous Zoners - [TAZ]

Some trading, some patrolling of Baffin, destruction of an illegal core 1 base in Baffin, general interaction with others in various areas.

Nothing worthwhile to link as of this time.

We could use more members and interaction from other factions

As far as aware, No

Due to the MIA status of , -Great Fox has been voted by the [TAZ] to be the new faction leader. Also, the reformation of TAZ (to increase activities and RPs we can do) is under discussion by the member base and contact should already have been made to admins about how far we can go with it. If not, expect contact soon.
Faction Status Report
The Core - Core|

[Image: PEeTsQZ.png]
By Karst. New logo every month promise.

Leader is out of action due to PC technical issues. Hopefully that'll be remedied in the near future, but unfortunately as a result I haven't really been able to get my guys roaming around lots and having an active presence like the usual, which is a shame because Edge World activity has been good recently and Order| are now back in the Omicrons again, which is great. When I'm able to log with my members again I'm going to be running several events to compensate for the missed activity. I've also been prepping a few more RP projects, ranging from getting down what Nauru actually is on paper as well as some secret stuff (nerd)

Selling Nomadic materials to STC
Diplomatic RP with the Blackguard
Selling Nomadic materials to Sitka Station
Made another post in The Core News Service
Transmission to the RM/BDM about Core Exports and Kemwer Munitions
Transmission to the LN/LSF about Core Exports and Kemwer Munitions
Transmission to the BAF/BIS about Core Exports and Kemwer Munitions
Transmission to the KNF/KPT about Core Exports and Kemwer Munitions
Transmission to a Core| member
Diplomatic RP with GRN
Giving Ageira directions through the Omicrons
HC reshuffle.

I could set up a gofundme to get my replacement parts quicker, but that might not actually be a good idea. Same as before more or less. Would be nice to see more Core indies also and more players in general taking an interest in the Edge Worlds.

Would be good if people could stop with the idiotic 'HURR DURR #DELETECORE xxdddxXXddXXDDDD' meme though. Yeah it's really funny to make hashtags and point out why xyz faction can be deleted because you're either jealous of us or bitter that you lost to Wesker in a cap fight. I'm trying to build activity in the Edge Worlds and that really requires encouraging newbies and the like to fly around in the region. And whilst it certainly isn't all of it, part of the Edge Worlds experience entails interacting with my NPC faction. I'm trying very hard to build up my very small indiebase by trying to get people involved and interested in my NPC faction whenever possible. Going to the index page and seeing "hurp durp #deletecore such funny meme xdddd" in the shoutbox is a bit upsetting, especially when I consider the shoutbox is one of the first things newbies will see. It seriously doesn't help to have idiots left right and center displaying toxic and detrimental attitudes that just undermines the effort I not only put into running the faction, but helping to keep the Edge Worlds active also. It demotivates me and my faction members. It's beyond being a joke. Put yourself in our shoes for example, it's the sort of joke you can chuckle at with others the first five times but after that it's essentially one-sided trolling that is not enjoyable for the affected party.

I'd actually like to call on the Staff to help out with this if possible. I don't want to sound needy or whiney but the admins putting their foot down in accordance to "Administrators are obliged to develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums" would be really nice and a big help. Idk with these word filters we have filter out 'deletecore' and 'delete core' or something to 'lemonade'. It'd be the first instance of using the filter constructively! Jk, that's probably a weird idea.

Our faction isn't perfect (and I can definitely think of worse factions that isn't subjected to the same treatment), and I'm not trying to ask for an immunity card, but can the memeing please stop. Piss all over the player faction in the feedback thread if you can't contain knowyourmeme.com in your pea sized brain, but lay off the NPC faction. It's really not constructive. If people have feedback, they can put it in the feedback thread, or contact me via PM. Hey notice how factions these days are slowly locking all their feedback threads? We haven't done that yet. But we don't even get respect for keeping it open. Hey look, lower down in this post I mention three events that I'm organziing to try and get the community involved in, and even near the beginning of this post I mentioned I have more planned in the future. I don't see other factions showing the same sort of commitment we do to not only our region but the server as a whole.

It just makes me think "what's the point in trying to maintain any sort of standards at all or do anything for the community as a faction leader if people are going to just crap all over everything I/we do for no reason other than it being a 'nice meme!' no matter what". It's really sucking the fun out of being a faction leader, as well as the mod in general, for me. In conclusion I guess you could say I'm angry.

Luneburg ZoI
Core Super Economic Event perk request
My two plugin-based events although as Alley suggested I'll probably go to the devs to get those sorted
I feel like there's more in the player requests section that I've forgotten.

I found an adorable sized version of this image on my USB stick so I decided to post it along with this report.
[Image: V0iDhe2.png]
Faction Status Report
Red Hessian Army - [RHA]

We've gotten a good number of members since the last report. Lots or raids, blodo diamond trading, shooting, shooting, and shooting.

Order/RHA relations are opening up, RHA/OC NAP , Tangier RP (see last report) still a WIP.

More ppls in [RHA] please, join when you have a bit of experience at disco/hessian RP.

90% cell on SCRA tech request has been submitted. Once tangier RP is finised, docking rings for the planet will be requested. Also, stationary jorm in omega-47 is still not a jorm, if it could be fixed soon that would be much appreciated. Also can we haz omicron lambda zoi pls? Alternate link to gamma that doesn't involve flying past a core-5 pob with 90 weaps platforms would be helpful. Also lambda is a pretty system.

Hessians need a place in omega-7 to stage attacks/piracy from, can a stationary vidar or something be put just outside the o-54 JH? Would be dockable only for snubs ofc.

[Image: 182ee5b8f51a07db4ee8412d036350e8.jpg]

Join Anna's Socailist gang! THOR COMMANDS YOU.
Faction Status Report
Liberty Navy - [LN]

Usual expected activity, managed small-scale Leeds raid, some counter-insurgencies in Liberty and bordering stations.
Encouraging coordination, cooperation and organization between navy factions as well as indies, for a more solidified lawful playerbase in order to improve capabilities of the navy as a whole.
Logistics work in terms of maintaining Long Island as preparations, to possibly restart production in better fitting the navy players with equipment in the near future.
Settled the relationship with groups in the borderworlds.
Had two new members.

Some communications regarding the situation and groups involved in the western liberty border.
Declared Battlegroup Auxesia as enemies of the Republic.

These has been the roleplays most worthy of mentioning, apart from regular faction roleplay. However the rationale will be moving the upcoming month(s).

Rather an issue that is that the faction structure has "holes" in it, Meaning I need more people to fill in for these posts, division heads as well as command structure. Hence we are on the look-out for new members and to encourage participation in the faction.

Taking in consideration that the system/structure of the [LN] was created on a time where a wider playerbase was available and when there were different general focuses and preferences in the community, it leaves of a possible, however not that likely, alternative solution of reforming the structure system in the future. However I deem it a better choice to go with the first option with a more lenient approach.

Auxesia FR5 (cannot link it)

Not much apart from that I believe, however I might be putting in faction requests in the following month(s).
On another note there has been quite some similar requests this month from this faction, however it may have been a misunderstanding of how the system worked on my side. So yeah, my bad on that.

[Image: xJWgunC.png]

Uncle 'Berty wants you.
Faction Status Report
[Image: aXEXMAx.png]
|+|-

Some minor progression on a project as well as character development happening mostly behind the scenes and in-game.

In no particular order, and likely with unintentional exclusions:

Contact with the IRG
Base siege declaration part 1
Base siege declaration part 2
Ongoing contact with Enfield
Belated contact with the Hessians
Confidence sought with an unknown individual
Contact with the Congress

All of the above in addition to the numerous in-game interactions undertaken, along with an arranged event with the Corsairs for funzies in our bordering systems.

At present, no. Our activity mostly comes from pack-logging from within the faction as a whole going out to interact with other assembled groups of players. This works well and we have little trouble finding people to talk to or things to engage in combat with.

As with last time, two requests are sitting around somewhere for an update to the Outcast ID to fix the nonsensical omission of certain systems from our ZOI listing. If this request need be made a third time, please let me know.

Red and white for days.

Also: I was under the impression that these weren't going to be a monthly-thing... We did fairly well this month for activity but some other factions don't always have the luxury of being in continuous contact with multiple different individuals and groups ( I really don't envy trading factions right now.) I'm a little concerned as to the nature of the future of these "reports" if they're going to be this common of an occurrence. I could certainly understand once every 2/3 months but I feel every month is a bit much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5