Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned: K'hara|Lahar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K'hara|Lahar has been sanctioned for:

Quote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

Consequences:

***...'Yours' provided/supplied (little) ~Roleplay~...'yours' ~weapons~ removed...***

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
I was under the impression that Nomads, being connected by the Mindshare, would effectively speak in as one when in groups. , who was there as Inanna thought (in Teamspeak) it was permissable and I distinctly remember there being a recent thread where it was stated that such things were permissible, or at least no one said otherwise therein. Thus , as Inanna, engaged for us both. In the logs one can actually see that almost two minutes had passed from the point where Inanna first spoke and when I dropped the cloak , and they were evidently going to attack Inanna, too.

If my presumption has been false, I accept the sanction. I was actually being lazy for not writing even one line beforehand, and I'm sorry for that. I would appreciate clarity in this matter, though. Thanks.

Just to bring some input, I read in the K'hara Megathread that it actually states in our lore that we typically have 1 ship 'speak' for our fleet. This is normally the biggest ship.

(12-18-2015, 09:35 PM)MindShare Wrote: [ -> ]When and Where

The hivemind has a hierarchy and as a group of nomad ships come together they can elect a leading ship for their fleet. However because of the size of the minds at call, typically the largest nomad speaks for the whole.

The smaller the more personable the K'hara can be. They are able to speak like humans but not without sharing their emotional energy in the exchange.

This makes it almost impossible for K'Hara to lie.

More specifically to draw attention to the line: " They can elect a leading ship for their fleet"
It was in my mind that we shared one mind and therefor only one of us speaks.
I see where you are coming from, but let's take into consideration that Server/ID rules override RP/Faction rules. Server rules state that you must give more RP than "Engaging" or one line of RP. Now, with that said, there will be times where groups are gearing up for a fight and not everyone is going to type out multiple lines for each person.

The problem here though, as you pointed out, was that the two lines of RP that Inanna gave were BEFORE you uncloaked, thus the people you were interacting with had no idea you were there (I get they can look at the player list, but that doesn't apply for the rules). Between the last line of Rp Inanna gave and when you dropped your one line engagement was over 5 minutes. That right there way too long if you go by "One person provided the engagement notice".

Let's also look at the K'Hara ID. It states that "- Is required to follow the roleplay engagement rules while uncloaked prior to combat". So you uncloaked, dropped one line, and engaged. Which is not allowed.

Does that clear up any confusion?
(03-06-2016, 02:13 AM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]Does that clear up any confusion?

Completely; thank you for your time. It will not happen again.