Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Consensus | Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Incoming Transmission
Subject: Candidacy

Source: Freeport 11 Communications Relay
Platform: Adminstration Console
Encryption: Minimal

Transmitting...

__________Name: Jason Kelly__________________ Age: 38__________________Port of Residence: Freeport 11, OΔ_________

Good afternoon. My name is Jason Kelly, Speaker for the Freeport 11 Community Council; a group which facilitates community involvement aboard the station and on stations throughout the Edge Worlds. I received your organization's broadcasted invitation for candidacy, and I'm transmitting my dossier for your consideration.

Thank you for your time.

Quote:Name: Jason Kelly

Brief Biography:
To spare you the minutia of my life, I'll present you with the most critical information which I believe shaped me into what you see today.

I was born to that first, golden generation of gypsies to inhabit Gran Canaria. Born of a scandalous elopement between a Libertonian trust fund baby and a Leeds factory worker, I lived a comfortable life in Paradiso, what was - at the time - the planet's principal commune. Swaddled by the comforts of money, doting parents, and a fresh world at my fingertips, I had the kind of childhood most people can only dream of.

My parent's generation - Progenitors, we called them - came to Gran Canaria aboard cramped and dirty passenger freighters, never completely sure whether the promises of paradise were true or if they'd wake up in a bath of ice and with a bad case of jaundice. So when they arrived and saw the communes set against flawless highlands and ebony mountains, they had little reason to ever think on where they had come from. I grew up thinking Liberty, Bretonia, Rheinland, and Kusari were distant communities; maybe on another continent. Lots of Firstborns like me did. The Progenitors came to the planet to escape House politics and law, so the Houses were seldom mentioned, and never explained.

We were free, and wonderfully, deliciously naïve. The community provided us with anything we wanted, and the community of Paradiso was very determined to keep it that way. If anyone ever committed an act of violence, they were exiled without trial. Thieves, swindlers, radicals - dismissed. Sent to "some other place". But as new settlers continued to pour into Ω-49, Paradiso blossomed into a full-blown city, and in doing so communal government gave way to the necessity of a council. These were my final days of blissful ignorance.

Let's skip ahead.

I'm twenty-six years old, married, a devout adherent to the Virulian Faith which had recently sprouted a following in Canarian cities, and I'm tired of my life as a crane operator and cargo exchange facilitator. What really pushed me over the edge was finding one too many cargo containers full of goddamn refugees marked for shipment to "Omega-11, Mining Equipment". Which of course really meant, "Omicron Alpha, Harvesting Equipment".

Skip ahead again.

I spend eight years working between Zoner stations in the Edge Worlds in an attempt to curb human trafficking in the area. I ran a few missions to Crete in two different capacities: during the Zoner-Corsair Conflict back in 817 as an overture for peace, and a few times to relieve the perpetual famine on the planet.

I then spend three years working as the Assistant to Freeport 11's director of human resources until their very recent retirement. Which leaves us here, today. Jason Kelly, Speaker for the Freeport 11 Community Council.

At your service.

Why the Zoner Consensus:
I told you all of what I did above for a reason. Because quite frankly the most recent entries on my resume aren't what matter. What somebody does is not nearly so important as why they do it.

I was born a Freeman. All Zoners are. And as Freemen and Women, it is the moral imperative of us all to preserve the basic human rights of every individual in the Sector, regardless of their citizenship within or without House space. Neither neutrality nor abstention from citizenship exempt us from upholding common morality. To the contrary, they elevate us to a position which demands action from us.

I recognize this Freeman's spirit in the Consensus, and I believe yours is the organization which is best-postured to act on this obligation. I have written a strategy to undercut the slave trade and to carry it out I need the assistance of like-minded allies.

You'll pardon my audacity in assuming to present plans imminently, but your organization doesn't strike me as the type to exchange pleasantries over tea. What attracted me to you is your dedication to humanitarian efforts and the apparent readiness to act on that dedication. I'd aim to give more fuel to that fire.

Desired Role if Accepted:
Project Manager.

I noticed in your callout that you had a need for individuals ready to take the lead on various humanitarian projects. I'd like to fill that need. My experience as a human resources assistant, community organizer, and Community Council Speaker have prepared me for this role.

You may contact me privately via subspace S.KYP.3 protocols at the following address:
magoo.odonaghue

I look forward to hearing from you.

Transmission Terminated
Packaging File for Storage...

[Image: 4LwX8F6.gif]
[Image: TIFqayi.gif]

Sender: Dankien Moebus
Recipient: Dr. Lara Grey, Alex Mush

Dear Lara and Alex,

as you have noticed the Seraphim and the Outer Rim University are now independent. Of course, considering your implication in the humanitarian projects you are welcome to join the Seraphim. No need to make a formal application your are already accepted if you wish to join.

All the best,
Dankien Moebus

Sender: Dankien Moebus
Recipient: Jason Kelly

Dear Jason Kelly

I feel your bio is interesting and I like your motivation. So I am glad to welcome you as a candidate to the Seraphim.
I hope to see you soon.

Best regards,
Dankien Moebus
Sender ID: Alex Mush
Recipient: Dankien Moebus
Subject: The Searphims

Dear sir,

I'm pleased to see that the initiative is developing. I will definitely continue my involvement with the Seraphims. Thank you for the invitation and the trust you put in me.

Sincerely yours,
Mush
[Image: CWn05Pw.png]
Incoming Transmission

Sender ID: Dr. Lara Grey
Recipient: Dankien Moebus
Subject: The Seraphim

...loading message...

Dr. Moebus,

I am one hundred percent with you. I will keep working for Seraphim and continue doing what I did in the Zoner Consensus.

...closing message...

Transmission Ends
[Image: aXROx3J.png]
Guten Morgen gentlemen,

Being from Rheinland and having worked on several in-House companies I have to recognize the fact that I never believed I'd be here. Circumstances and realizations, however, are part of everyone's lives and I've seen enough wars to realize something is deeply wrong with the current politikal scenario of Sirius. People, with different needs, willing to go through others to get whatever they want.

I talk with authority because I was part of the problem. My whole life has been inside the trade business - Rheinland, Bretonia, Kusari, Liberty and now Gallia. I've seen and been in most of it, and most of it look the same. My last employer was Interspace Commerce and, although I was never fully a part of the company, since the board seems to be preoccupied with things I do not know of, I have decided to cut ties with them as well. Now, due to this significant change on my perceptions, I've seen the light in reason to reach to you.

Although my experience in dealing with your group on the past has been mostly restricted to the occasional convoy going through Freeports, I've always been treated well. I've seen your expertise in management, diplomacy and - most of all - humanitarian care, so I'd either be remiss or blind not to see we may have what it takes to help each other out.

What I can offer you is the expertise of a man who knows the inner workings of the Sirius market and is capable of weighting his words. Providing access to commodities have been my trade since my younger years and it is one thing I know how to do very well.

In exchange, all I ask is access to your facilities, as well as the contact of scientists and doctors who could be looking for work. Lacking the support of the bigger companies of my past is one thing I can deal with, what I cannot do is work without a ship - which is a problem I am trying to solve right now.

I am providing you access to my personal files, which kontain a personal project of mine. I'm on the process of building a ship from the ground up, in order to better customize it's inner configurations. Resources are not an issue, the know how of how to do it, however, is. I know it to be within your rules not to fly inside house territory with bulky ships, so I'll assure you that is not what I intend to do either.

Feel free to contakt me back whenever you can.
I'm sure we can find more than one way to work together.

Respectfully,

[Image: YlrIgNR.png]

[Image: BnV7igW.png]
[Image: iuBiGXG.png]
[Image: tjdzplV.png]

Dear Mr. Brahms Fawkes

it is a pleasure to hear from. Even you ignored the standard application form, your presentation is quite convincing. We have checked your data and are happy to offer you the position of an Inhouse-Project-Manager for the Sol Project. This position comes with a huge responsibility, your area of work will contain the logistical management and diplomatical representation of the Zoner Consensus and the Sol Project. This position will also open you the door to join to the whole Zoner Consensus network of Organizations and Competence.

Respectfully
The Zoner Consensus
[Image: tjdzplV.png]

Dear Zoners,

in these dark times of humanity, we want to provide a beacon of light for the society of freedom and independence. You already have the information about us and who we are. Therefore Zoner take the entrance and join us.

Respectfully
The Zoner Consensus
[Image: xwkBvsU.png]

Dear human,

uprising trouble can be seen on the horizon. We still seek for you, you fellow Zoner, citizen or exiter, people who share or want to share our path. Become a member of the Consensus.

Respectfully
The Zoner Consensus
/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....waveband matched....
....comlink established....
/-msf > set CMD 'cd \ Cipher.exe'
....encrypting connection....
....Transmitting....
....decrypting at target location....

Salutations fellow zoners,

I have enclosed a request to join a group so honorable as this. My hope is that our goals may help each other achieve what we desire. A strong heritage that will last in the years to come.

1. What is your name? Mr.Universe
2. What is your age? n/a
3. Who are you? I am a fellow zoner and have been my whole life with one goal, to help unify and make zoners become unified under a central banner. Also recent hacks on my personal information have reached the extranet and can be found here
4. Why do you want to join? help achieve this movements goals
5. What function are you interested in? diplomacy, intelligence gathering

As always your benefactor,

~Mr.Universe~

~|/Transmission Terminated\|~
[Image: xwkBvsU.png]

Dear Mr. Universe,

we transmit you all membership details and information. Welcome to our society.

Respectfully
The Zoner Consensus
Pages: 1 2