Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admins: Battleships.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The rule states one battleship license per player, regardless of how many accounts under that player's control.

How does sharing come into it? I would like to know.

Thank you.
the rule is clear - sharing is a loophole ( not a loophole in a negative way mind ) .. other than that, its very much self control, i daresay. - if one player has several accounts, its only admins that can know about that. - and it would be a bit much to check every IP for multiple accounts and more than one battleship.

the description is clear though - one battleship / player. - technicly speaking... a shared battleship is not owned by any player ... or by all that its shared with, in which case, it would fall under the rule of one battleship / player.

So, this supposed sharing is a loophole allowing people to control more than one BS?
pretty much from my pov. - actually - there are 3 options...:

- its owned by no one, so its allowed
- its owned by everyone, so it takes up the slot for one allowed battleship for ALL players sharing it
- its owned by the original buyer ( the one that has made the account ) taking up only his one allowed battleship.

exceptions could be made for official factions / factionleaders.

but if one consideres a shared battleship to be owned by no one, one could simply get another battleship - and say its shared with a friend - or make a dozen more battleships and share them. - comes down to reason.
Quote:- its owned by the original buyer ( the one that has made the account ) taking up only his one allowed battleship.
Personally I consider this to be my case. I own the only battleship I have: Harbinger. But it's shared with two other persons. I think this solution is the most rational one.
I like this rule, Anything that helps reducing number of chars, in this case number of BS chars helps roleplay, server stability, database size and all... a program should be writen via fl-hook to enforce this... via IP logging and simple BS liscence counting...

One can hardly be expected to Roleplay a BS properly... It has a 300 or so crew, wich you need to know by name and such... roleplaying more than one is very difficult at best... as your heart cannot be in two places at once.. let alone 4 or 5 places...
Also, official factions are granted 1 Battleship Licence which falls under the "-owned by noone" situation. Any further BSs use up a player's BS Licence spot.
' Wrote:- its owned by the original buyer ( the one that has made the account ) taking up only his one allowed battleship.
I pretty much agree with this one, yeah.
I can see why the rule was implemented so I do agree with the post and quote above. Though I think official factions have the edge when it comes to exceptions for multiple BS's, for instance house military..
In the case of the Pendragon, then?
A ship which I bought, but relinquished to the BAF. I no longer have it on any of my accounts, and the account it was transferred to had long been a shared faction account...

Whos ship is that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4