Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ingenuus | "Feanturi" Unique Ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote: 
The following application is now outdated. See this post for the updated writeup.

1. Forum name of the owner:
Drrobe

2. Exact name of the character:
Finn McCool (Ships with cash is (\^/)Finn-McCool)

3. What exactly are you requesting?
The use of the Leviathan/Persephone. No change to ID, other than it would have a standard Zoner ID. (Not Phoenix)

4. What is the ID/IFF of the ship this request is for?
Zoner/Zoner

5. Why is this request necessary for the continuation of this character's roleplay?
Per the previous RP/SRP, Finn successfully constructed a hybrid power core with a mix of a Nomad power cell and a (Now defunct) Gallic Artifact and retrofitted it into a his Nephilim dreadnought. Per the recent RP, since the ship was never meant to handle that core, the idea/goal is to construct a vessel capable of handling such extreme effects and energy from the hybrid core. Since the Persephone's model has the perfect look for such a core, I found it the most fitting ship to base the construction off of. An image for reference is included below:
[Image: ZfqxuUH.png]

6. What short-term and long-term goals are you planing to achieve on this character?
Short term is that Finn branches off from the Phoenix research department, and constructs a vessel around the hybrid core, instead of retrofitting a ship to handle the core like was done with the Ingenuus. De-constructing the Ingenuus in it's current form as a Nephilim, he would gather resources and construct a new vessel built around the hybrid core, those ensuring that the core is monitored in a controlled environment, and would essentially make the new vessel his personal research facility based on fully testing/incorporating this core into practical use. The design would be based on the Hyperion (Phoenix Levi), but all the internals and such would be different. Only the shell would be similar in nature.

Long-term would be that after Finn constructs this new frame around the core, and after the core has finally achieved a stable and practical use, this mobile facility would travel around the fringes of space for use for scientists wanting to conduct projects that are otherwise not allowed within other groups. Say an OSI scientist (If they had one) wanted to conduct some research that could either cast a negative light on OSI directly, or was deemed too abstract/dangerous for use within OSI facilities. He could RP a request to use this mobile facility that could be ever moving, and would allow for research to be conducted away from both prying eyes and away from any repercussions. Two other scientists have begun research into various research projects in the Phoenix that eventually would or could result in human testing (For medical purposes) and also Quantum mechanics and application. Both would have the ability to conduct such research outside of the Order/Phoenix and public eye, considering that the Order frowns upon anything Nomad related (For good reason), and of course public knowledge of such extreme research would be again frowned upon heavily. Since the Phoenix and the Order are allied, anything that could hinder such a relationship would be something Finn would not want, so would rather conduct such research with no ties to the Phoenix or any other group. So essentially, this ship long term would provide a place for Finn and other select researchers/scientists to embark on selected research.

A sidenote, this is not to be RP'd as a warship, and I do not intend to get this ship involved with any PVP/conflicts. Should someone attempt to cause conflict, RP with be the first measure, with attacks/PVP the last resort. I want this to be a truly unique and non-combative ship.

7. Provide links to the relevant forum roleplay.
The original SRP with the entire history of the character/ship
Updated research notes concerning two other scientists working on research that will be used for the hybrid core, as well as the start of the need for a new vessel
Biography of Finn wanting to have this research branch off from the Phoenix

8. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.
InRP, Finn has constructed a Hybrid power core using Nomad and (the now defunct) Gallic artifacts. Using his ship, the Ingenuus, he gutted the old core and entire engine section, as well as retrofitting the docking bay to house more equipment for the core. Because of the unknown properties of the hybrid core, it creates a discharge of particles from the engine vents, and the energy produced from the core creates a reaction with the particles which gives the visual look of lightning in space (From my old SRP for effects). After further tests to attempt to get the core operating in a more stable environment, the tests fail. Finn comes to the conclusion that instead of the core being fitted into a pre-existing ship, a vessel/frame must be built around the core. Lastly, he can't get his mind off of fixing it, but he knows that further research into it could get the attention of the Order, which he does not want, nor wants to bring about any sort of fallback on the Phoenix, so decides to conduct this research in secret/private, known only to his most trusted researchers/scientists.

ooRP, instead of RPing that I have already constructed it, I wanted to provide the foundation of the start of such. Meaning if this were approved, I would begin the construction RP of it, thus being the short-term goal of finalizing the research and optimizing the functionality of the core. Long term is self explanatory.

Adjacent to the RP, it is a unique ship, which has a lot more implications for it's use than a change in ID or FX effects. With a unique ship though, similar to Narc getting the Necrosis, it's so people can see a unique ship ingame. Also, as a unigue ship, the standards of RP and actions behind it are that much more important/crucial. I plan to have indepth RP, and act with the highest amount of respect and rule-abiding actions.

9. How long has this character been building its backstory?
Since I joined the server, back in 2011. Finn was my original character, and still is.

10. If you feel that you would like to provide us with character references, specify whom.
Original:
RedEclipse - Phoenix Faction Leader
Szpaku - Solar Runners
AlphaWolf - Solar Runners
Omicron - Order Faction Lead
New who are helping with this RP:
Conrad/Moveit56
Niklas/Ndk071
Quiron

11. If you screw up we may snatch your toy away in any manner that we see fit. Capiche? Of course, and I would expect as such if I fail to live up to the standards of this and my expectations
Approved under the terms of standard Zoner ID and restrictions stated in the application.

Thread lightly.
1. Exact name of the character:
Finn McCool/Ingenuus

2. Link to the approved request:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1476427

3. Provide links to any post-approval forum roleplay:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=111247
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=111188
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=111835

4. Provide a cliffnote/summary of the roleplay done related to the goal(s) listed in the original request.
The plan was to have all relevant RP done and construction done with the new Ingenuus by the 1 month. Unfortunately due to RL, I have been unable to fulfill that goal, though progress is still heading that direction. After getting in contact with the Reapers of Sirius, the Ingenuus group/research team found new home at Kara Research Station. Working with the head scientist of the RoS, we have begun work into Nano-technology and applications into this new core and dealing with ways to provide a safe and stable core/core shielding. Schematics have been created for a housing that would allow the core to be moved into a new vessel, or in other words, the next stage would be constructing the ship itself around the core frame once built. Oorp, the ship is stationed at the shipyard in Caymen, awaiting the RP to be finished of it's "construction" there.
1 Month check-in passed. Have fun.
1. Exact name of the character: Finn McCool/Ingenuus

2. Link to the approved request: Here

3. Provide links to any post-approval forum roleplay:
Conrad's RP section for the Ingenuus
Continuation of Finn's RP
Contract sent to IMG for materials
Faction Info Page

4. Provide a cliffnote/summary of the roleplay done related to the goal(s) listed in the original request.
So far, we have RP'd more research into the core, created a facility that is exclusively meant to house the core, and are nearing the actual completion of the Ingenuus with the core installed. Once IMG complete the contract, a few more inRP posts will be made to complete the ship, and it will be all set to be revealed and flown outside Cayman.
4th month check-in passed.

See you soon.
1. Exact name of the character: Finn McCool

2. Link to the request to be amended: Here

3. What exactly do you want changed?
2 things actually:

1- The use for a event commodity to be created or added to simulate this Hybrid core that we have created. I spoke with Aerelm some months back, and he mentioned that there would be commodities that can be edited and given, but not sold on any NPC bases. To template-ize this to make Aerelm happy, here is the info:
  • Image: [Image: 165jxzb.png]
  • Title: Ingenuus Power Core
  • Description: Birthed on Ames Research Station, this hybrid power core uses the combined energy and radiation siphoned off Nomad power sources and dormant alien artifacts of unknown origin. Supplying all power to the mobile research facility Ingenuus, the scientists at the Ingenuus Research Group have concluded that only a small portion of the core's energies have been tapped.

OR

As discussed in the mod chat, since there a risk of losing said item, that it be tied to a SpecOps ID or some other non-commodity.

2- In conjunction with the above request, use of a Wild cloak to run off said commodity. Explanation below.

4. Why are these changes necessary?
Primarily, and as mentioned above, we want an ingame representation of this core that myself and Conrad have been working months on. It would be placed only on the Ingenuus, not to be removed nor traded in any capacity. While the Persephone model is perfect for showing the core near the engines, having this commodity would further show our work ingame.

As for the cloak...This ship already has a large cloak on it, but with the pages of lore behind this core, and it's roots based on Nomad power sources, it didn't seem too far-fetched to imagine that this ship could use a infinite cloak that runs of a special commodity, like the Wild. Not as powerful as a Nomad cloak, since this ship is not running of a pure 100% Nomad power core, it would only be allowed to work when said item is in the hold. This is necessary to further show the uniqueness of our RP of this hybrid core. As we are still RP'ing this ship being constructed (Nearing completion!!), this would be the perfect opportunity to finalizing the Ingenuus and it's intricacies. Since I will be the first to admit this seems OP in the wrong hands, this ship is only used by myself and Conrad, and as the original request stated, this ship is NOT to be used for PVP. The whole lore surrounding this ship is a deep space/fringe mobile research facility that is not under any confines to subject matter to research. Thus having the ability to escape any confrontations/cloak and move around with ease without having to find a base with fuel is a benefit that I would love to use, which again fits the RP of wanting a hidden facility that can move locations when needed unseen.

5. Provide possible links to the relevant forum roleplay.

Discovery of the Core's EM field
My (Finn's) delving more into the above post
Encountering a Wild - Comm
Encountering a Wild - Story

Should this get approved, specifically the cloak, a lot more posts would be created to further explain and create said cloak field. Since it has been months of RP around this ship, and (you can check the logs) the Ingenuus not leaving Cayman minus going to conn to change lights and look at (Never pewed with it), we are ensuring that this ship won't be flown inRP until all research is done, thus ensuring that this is a true SRP.
Approved.

Contact an administrator to get flamed at for posting so many stuff here in a short time have the cloak set up.
1. Forum name of the owner: Drrobe/Moveit56

2. Exact name, identification and affiliation of the character:
Finn McCool, Zoner, Zoner (Ship with cash is IRG|Finn.McCool)

3. Which official faction(s) were involved in construction of this ship?
IMG - They helped deliver the remaining materials for the construction.

4. Provide links to the forum roleplay centered around construction of this ship.
Faction doc - This has links in it that have all relevant posts about the actual construction.
Contract to IMG to deliver materials
Contact with Wild concerning the power core
Which resulted in this story arc

5. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.
You can read the history of the Ingenuus group, and the idea behind the ship here. Essentially, the above was the IRG using an old Nephilim frame to construct a new ship of our own design to house an experimental/hybrid power core. At the time, the best model ingame was that of the Persephone for reasons listed in the SRP linked above. We contacted the Reapers of Sirius to use their shipyard to dismantle and re-construct the Nephilim by use of a Nano-constructor a new ship, built for the purpose of studying the core as well as being a mobile research facility. Since you can't just strip down a vessel and rebuild it with no further materials, we contacted the IMG, made sure they could come into Cayman, and had them deliver a sizable supply of materials to finish the construction of the ship. When we were nearing the end of construction, I met a Wild pilot, whom we RP'd out that we engaged, and I was able to destroy her ship, which resulted in acquiring a Nomad power source that was active. This enabled us to finish the final touches of the ship before it's maiden voyage.

6. Provide other links to the forum roleplay relevant to the subject of this request.
My request to retcon some of our RP

7. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.
tl;dr of the above link - Since the final construction of our ship was just recently finished, we didn't want to start a new RP of constructing this ship, due to the fact that inRP, the ship we have now is top of the line and brand new. It would not make sense to do so. At the time of the SRP request for the Leviathan, it was because that was the only ship ingame that closely resembled what we intended. Now that we have a model that truly is our own design, which was RP'd out already(Albeit we used the frame of the Leviathan, but the actual specs and interior is our own), we wanted to retcon using the Leviathan model should this SRP go through, and we would change the relevant posts to include pictures and background of the designs. Since we would be re-writing the specific posts that correlated with the Leviathan, we will still be doing the work of RP'ing this ship's construction, just merging with pre-existing RP.

We don't in any way want to half-ass this request be asking for a retcon, and not doing the work of the construction. But given the pages and pages of RP we have done to build the ship in the first place, our hope is that our RP will be noticed and considered, since as mentioned above, inRP it doesn't make sense for the IRG to construct a whole new ship when the current one (inRP) is state of the art.

We of course will be willing to do much more RP should this pass, as that will be when we retcon pieces of our RP (As well as request that the ship replace the Leviathan model - Obviously). Should the request fail, we will not be retconning anything, and will stick with the model at hand.

8. How long has this character been building its backstory?
This character has been around since 2011, though started this specific storyline early last year.

9. Provide links to the ship model and other necessary files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hscedmelbqze4...p.rar?dl=0

What the model looks like:
3D model
Model with textures
Model ingame

10. If you feel that you would like to provide us with character references, specify whom.
Since Finn has worked with a great deal of people, it will be hard to list them all, but I will list a few
Moveit56 (In faction, though joined a considerable time after I had begun this RP)
Joseph Cox (AlphaWolf215)
Jack Henderson
Red Eclipse
Omicron/Golly
Rohj Teerin
Ed- (Of the CW)
Pages: 1 2 3