Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vigilante ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have scrolled old threads regarding the idea and during my probation I have been working onto ID remodification into modern standards. Line with * is completely optional and/orfor revision.

Edit:
Toris Wrote:Vigilantes are not working with authority, they are simply angry avengers which do not care if what they do is completely legal. Thus, they are likely to be shot by both sides with lawful side a bit less... concerned about them, but still trying to get rid of them for treating unlawfuls in pretty unlawful and unsanctioned way.

Vigilante ID Wrote:Vigilantes are off-shots from house militaries, police or mere citizens who got tired of corruption and willingly take matter into their own hands to keep Sirius a safer place. They are usually despised both by criminals and authorities alike.

Pilot carrying this quasi-lawful ID is a Vigilante who:
- Can demand contraband from any ship outside house space only.*
- Can attack unlawfuls anywhere except for Omicrons and Gallia.
- Cannot ally with anyone.
- Can land on Zoner, IMG and Freelancer bases only.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters.

Explanation of the ID step by step:

- Can demand contraband from any ship outside house space only.*
A completely optional rule to avoid overusing it, however it would be limited to the inter-regional space only, such as Omegas, Sigmas or Independents.

- Can attack unlawfuls anywhere except for Omicrons and Gallia.
Omicrons are main area of many unlawful warring factions that are already taken care by The Core or by themselves. Gallia would not accept any Vigilantes and, like in case of Bounty Hunters Guild, simply expel them.

- Cannot ally with anyone.
It means that this ID would only ally with other Vigilante ID players.

- Can only land on Zoner, IMG and Freelancer bases.
Limitation not only enforced via rules, but also enforced by FLHook command like in case of Zoners having +3600 cargo ships.
1. Get Freelancer ID.
2. Get agreement with local faction to open contract to act like Vigilante.
???
No need for Vigilante ID used by 5 ships in total.
(03-19-2016, 01:03 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Get Freelancer ID.
???

The problem is, individual players cannot have such a contract according to rule 6. of hiring (note: this is NOT a bounty).

Moreover, Vigilantes are -not- working with authority, they are simply angry avengers which do not care if what they do is completely legal. Thus, they are likely to be shot by both sides with lawful side a bit less... concerned about them, but still trying to get rid of them for treating unlawfuls in pretty unlawful and unsanctioned way.
(03-19-2016, 01:03 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Get Freelancer ID.
???
No need for Vigilante ID used by 5 ships in total.

The whole point of a vigilante tends to be that they don't work with the locals.
There is no way to play a vigilante properly in-game right now without breaking the rules.
Unless you just want to be a plain bounty hunter about it.

It was fine back when the pirate ID was able to chase snubs but since that 'perk' was taken away you can't use that ID anymore either.
And since I was one of the people flying Vigilante IDs when it got removed, I actually gave my vote for not minding it since the pirate ID covered it still.
Then the pirate ID was nerfed as well, gg.
Semantics only. Submit a request to change

"Groups and factions may enter into contracts with governments or entities" to "Freelancers and Bounty Hunters may enter into contract with faction" if you are that afraid to do something that has been done and was not punished.

See what staff thinks in applying slight change of words to provide more flexibility, rather than adding ID that only you might be using.

I wish that community could follow the spirit of the rules rather than being bound to the letter of the rules.
Still, the problem is the fact that vigilantes do not work with local governments. As Seafalcon said, you cannot roleplay vigilante properly because you would had to break server rules.
Then find a entity that is not government.
You still don't get it. Vigilantes work for no one else but themselves - they are volounteer avengers being tired of corruption of police and ineffectiveness of it, as more and more criminals arise. I think this example will be very cliche one, but think of main character of Watch_Dogs and how he acted within the game: he helped dealing with criminals while being still chased by law for doing it in a quite criminal manner itself.

That is what vigilante is.
I understand that. What I am suggesting is how it is possible to circumvent the obvious obstacle to similar end. You can word out the contract that it's just corporation giving you donation to keep the Trade Lanes™ clear.
(03-19-2016, 01:18 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]You can word out the contract that it's just corporation giving you donation to keep the Trade Lanes™ clear.

The problem is, such thing is against rules in their current form, because individuals cannot engage into such agreements, except for bounty hunting. And Vigilantes are not Bounty Hunters - otherwise one would simply pick Freelancer/BHG ID and do their usual job - which is not the case here.

EDIT: Anyway, waiting for Admins' opinion.
Pages: 1 2