Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Getting Pirated by a freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I was just pirated by someone with a generic pirate ID and someone with a Freelancer ID, they were working together. They stopped my transport and demanded that I pay them each 2 million or else. Freelancers aren't allowed to pirate but does that change if they are working with a pirate. I payed the money and moved on but I'm curious if the freelancer was breaking the rules or not, could someone let me know?

Thanks,
Pirate ID cannot hire Freelancer ID as both of those are generic IDs.

Freelancer ID cannot issue piracy demands, unless it was defined on bounty contract ( must be on forum ).
Pretty much that.
Also, even if hired by a pirate, a freelancer IDed player may not issue demands on their own or engage targets on their own. Only attack a player, after they are made aware of said freelancer being hired by someone.
Ok thanks for the quick response guys
so if i understand well, a freelancer ID cant attack other than in self defense or to protect a freelancer base OR if its a RP bounty on the board? So if an unofficial faction use freelancer ID are they restricted to the ID rp or their lore RP?
freelancer ID allow the choice! "to be or not to be" but a freelancer can help a pirate if he want. More he can attack if i remember (small target)

and yes, the fl can't pirate you!

it's a bit complicated!
Freelancer ID does state Allied and Friendly. But this is where it gets pretty complicated, because your personal diplomacy cannot be reviewed so easily by Admin Team, I'd stick to maintaining roleplay and doing forum-side logs. Other than that, anyone that hire you can you defend.
but there is the generic pirate ID for those who want to pirate right? on their own behalf, a freelancer ID owner couldnt attack a target unless support or contract. I miss the vigilante ID for local crime fighting Wink please come clarify thing before we get overwhelmed hehehehe.
I've been summoned!

Ok, more green text: A generic Pirate ID'd ship cannot hire a Freelancer ID'd ship to engage in piracy, nor engage in a "bounty" contract.

Now. Jide you mentioned this:
(03-25-2016, 11:07 PM)jide Wrote: [ -> ]So if an unofficial faction use freelancer ID are they restricted to the ID rp or their lore RP?

ID rp. Lore is inRP, but they are still bound by the ID rules that they use.
(03-25-2016, 11:49 PM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]A generic Pirate ID'd ship cannot hire a Freelancer ID'd ship to engage in piracy, nor engage in a "bounty" contract.

Wait. So it means, if Pirate ID is pirating, the Freelancer cannot support him in engagement against trader that failed to fulfill demand?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6