Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: 4LwX8F6.gif]
[Image: Ws1VuG8.png]

The purpose of this channel is to provide mission statements, to share reports and to discuss topics related to the Seraphims activities. The channel is open to members, candidates and invited guests.

Main mission

Nuremberg Project:
This project concerns the environmental and sanitary situation on Planet Nuremberg. The objectives of the project are:
  1. Relocate refugees from Planet Nuremberg to suitable locations in or near Rheinland and
  2. Support the research to find solutions to delay or stop the progression and/or the effects of the dark matter on the Munich system.
Due to lack of resources, it is recommended to focus on the first objective.
For your information, the summary of the relocated refugees and delivered commodities is presented below:

[Image: x1xK9On.png]

History of the project: Project start-up, Activity reports, Sample analysis, Heisengerg meeting, Communication with the Rheinland Bundestag, Open call to traders.

Secondary missions

Leeds Project:
In this project we would like to assist the Junker Congress to evacuate refugees from Planet Leeds. This project is on pause due to lack of contact with the Junker Congress. Nevertheless, the Seraphim are encouraged to evacuate refugees from the Leeds system. Official channel.

Anti-Slavery Action Plan:
The objective of this project is to fight against slavery in Sirius. As a first task, it is proposed to prevent slavers to reach the Maltese Nacion by enforcing patrols at the border of outcast territories. Contacts: Collaboration with IMG

Under preparation

H-Fuel resale contract with GMG:
To generate some credits to fund our projects.

Completed Missions

New Life Project (Phase 1):
this project aims to help people suffering from cardamine. It is led by Jack Henderson from the IMG. The project is located in Tau-37. The phase 1 is the building of the IMG hospital. Official channel.

Rebuilding Freeport 11:
After the attack of the Freeport by the Core, zoners and their allies regrouped their forces to rebuild and repair the Freeport. The reconstruction was made through several phases. The Seraphim supervised the last phases thanks to the financial and logistic support of IMG. Official channel.

Discussion with The Archangels Fighter Club:
This project is marked as completed since the AFC left Sirius. While moving to Newport Station we met AFC and realized they were also interested in humanitarian projects. They proposed to meet to talk about possible collaboration. The discussion is here.

Diplomacy

The Order: Channel
The Core: Channel

[Image: cyJUv4t.png]

Indentification: Jason Kelly
Recipient: All Seraphim Consensus Members
Subject: Anti-Slavery Action Plan

Good afternoon.

For those of you I've not yet met, my name is Jason Kelly, Speaker for the Freeport 11 Community Council. If you have any questions about my responsibilities aboard the port, I'll be happy to answer them, however for now I'll stick to the heart of this message.

As I mentioned when applying for candidacy in this organization, I have an action plan to curtail slavery in the Edge Worlds. As Freemen and Women of the Omicrons, it is our duty to uphold the basic human rights inherent to every citizen of the Sector; yet right under our noses, the criminal institution of slavery not only exists, but flourishes. I've written the following report with the intention of spurring my peers in the Consensus to action.

The report is streamlined into several points, which I shall address in order. Buckle up, it's a long read.

Item #1 : Where We Stand

As it stands now, the practice of slavery is at an all-time high in the Sector. This is an issue perpetuated by the ever-increasing number of refugees displaced by warfare and, consequently, famine. Many refugees, believing that they are purchasing passage on an evacuation liner, end up in shackles. Many more are simply kidnapped from busy camps without notice. See attachment one for reference to my next comments.

The attached images document the exact magnitude of the destruction facing Leeds. Bombing from two separate armed conflicts and the subsequent evacuations have reduced the population of the former industrial capitol of Sirius from a staggering 2.2 billion citizens to the current estimated population of 500,000. For those of you wondering, that means the current population is .000227% of what it was five years ago when Kusari first invaded the system.

Of course a great many lives were lost in the conflict and bombings themselves -- a fact for which I would like to see Kusari commanders answer for in a SIrian Tribunal, but that's another issue -- however, the population of the refugee camp of Port Jackson on Gran Canaria has skyrocketed to several million. Planet Erie reports its registered immigrant population into the tens of millions.

This is all good news, however there are discrepancies in some passenger manifests numbered in the tens, and sometimes hundreds of thousands across the Sector. In other words, when port authorities in Bretonia record "200 passengers", Libertonian port authorities only receive "10 passengers". With war at the doorstep of both Houses, such records are seldom, if ever, corroborated. Inter-House cooperation for curbing the slave trade has vanished, and criminal traffickers are more than happy to take advantage of this.

Furthermore, this accounts for Liberty having the highest rate of arrest for human trafficking. People leave Bretonia and get lost in Liberty until they're ready for shipment. If they're lucky, the trafficker is halted by Libertonian authorities. If not, they end up wherever the sick bastards with the money need them. Liberty, I believe, is likely the origin for most human traffickers; and with a few exceptions, Omicron Alpha is the likeliest destination.

Item #2 : How to Proceed

This much is clear - human traffickers are banding together. Border patrols and listening posts have detected a noticeable increase in slaver activity in the systems leading to Omicron Alpha. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this disturbing.

Furthermore, as Zoners, we are in a bit of a tight spot. Although the slavers are, as far as we know, an independent body (i.e. not part of an Outcast slaving ring), the Maltese Outcasts are unlikely to allow attacks against their supply lines to go unpunished. We cannot compromise our nonpartisan position in the Edge Worlds by taking direct action against these criminals. Although Zoners have, historically, maintained a closer relationship with the Cretans than the Maltese, the risk of inciting conflict against the Confederation of Freeports is too great.

Therefore, I've attached a comprehensive dossier of factions I believe we should make contact with. These groups are essential to an attack-by-proxy on the slaving ring.

If we successfully confederate these organizations against these slavers, I believe we might just be able to curb trafficking in the Edge Worlds. See attachment three for reference.

As you can see, these organizations control the two major slave routes in the Sector: the Taus and the Omegas. Zoner pilots throughout Sirius can act as quiet whistle-blowers, alerting the "confederate" forces to potential incoming criminal activity. To each of these organizations, we can offer logistical and material support.

Each group was selected based on the "win-win" nature of striking such an agreement. None of them are friends to the Outcasts or their cause, and none of them support human trafficking in the least. If we're successful with these negotiations, this alliance of slave traders will have a difficult time continuing their trade, and countless innocent souls might be brought to safety.

Item #3 : Going Forward

To move forward with this agenda, I propose making diplomatic contact with the aforementioned organizations and undergoing whatever negotiations necessary to ensure their cooperation.

It goes without saying that these affairs must be conducted with the highest level of secrecy. Great discretion must be exercised, lest the Maltese learn of our complicity. It is not the Maltese Nation that we take issue with and therefore conflict should be avoided at all costs. We merely reject and seek to abolish their practice of slavery.

Diplomatic envoys should be sent - in person - to each of the groups in question to ensure privacy of communication.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading and reviewing the information provided. I believe that together, as a Consensus, we have the ability and the responsibility to affect great change in the Sector.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.

[Image: 2cpD20r.png]

To: Jason Kelly
Cc: The Seraphim channel
Topic: Anti-Slavery Action Plan

Dear Jason,

I globally support this project. Indeed, slavery is one of the most important issues in Sirius currently.
I am curious about the source of your data. Where did you get these numbers of passenger disappearances between Bretonia and Liberty? Same question for the human traffic criminality in Liberty and activity of slavers.

Personally, I don't know exactly how the slavers operate, but it is pretty clear that at least a large part of them deliver slaves to Omicron-Alpha. There are two paths to the Maltese Nacion, the Tau and the Sigma systems.

It would be wonderful if actions would be federated from the Tau side with IMG, TAZ, and the Crayterian Republic. I add TAZ because they are in the middle of it in Baffin. I think they are already fighting slavery but I am not sure if they coordinate their actions with the their neighbors. Also, I don't know how they operate when they catch a slaver. Anyway, I think we should be careful with the three of them because we don't really know what they do. Before imposing anything we should probably ask what they do regarding slavery and then propose to facilitate a federated action.

Now, let's talk about the Sigma systems. I think GMG would be a natural ally since they also hate outcasts. I am pretty sure they would not mind to reduce the flow of slaves to Omicron-Alpha. However, we should probably establish a cordial commercial relation before proposing this anti-slavery project.

Finally, regarding the Bretonia and Omega sides. I was not aware about Universal shipping fighting slavery, that is a good thing to know. They can be contacted for sure, maybe they could support us in our action. Now for the Sirius Coalition, I am really unsure about them, and about what would result from an alliance with them. Are you really sure they would be efficient to track and eliminate slavers? Is their geographical position really crossing the road of slavers?

To conclude I would have a few questions.
First: what would be our role after the contacts are made with the partners of this project?
Second: what about recruiting some bounty hunters? Even if we don't get involved personally we could still ask someone to place the bounties and transfer the credits when job is done? Note that these bounties could result in cargo confiscation, ship damaged but spare the life of the slaver. We are not murderers right?

Lara Grey, Alex Mush, feel free to comment.

All the best,
Dankien Moebus

To: Jason Kelly
CC: The Seraphim channel
Topic: Anti-Slavery Action Plan

Greetings,

The numbers provided by you, Mr Kelly, really struck me. I did never dig into this matter myself, and I just didn't realize the scale of the problem. Neither most of the Sirius population, it seems. This might be one of our options to help raise awareness of the problem among people. Apparently, it would be difficult to keep our involvement secret if we will be spreading the word.

I agree with the assessment of potential allies to this cause made by Mr Kelly and Mr Moebus. I'm ready to act as envoy to any of the listed groups. First objective would be to understand their stance. Then we need to decide on our pitch, that is how we, the Seraphim, contribute to the endaevor.

Also I suggest to search for existing or create a new secure comm channel to register known slavers. Thus it would be easier to keep an eye on them for all parties involved. I will conduct some research on it and update you about the outcome.

Mush over.

To: The Seraphim
Topic: Planet Nuremberg

Dear all,

I would like to summarize briefly my journey in the Munich system.

I've met Maren von Westefeld on Planet Nuremberg and we visited some areas of the planet.
The environmental and social situation seems pretty serious. I've got some samples from vegetables, ground, air, water and even blood from human donors. I think the best is to contact Corinth research station to analyze it. Maybe later we could think to own a laboratory to conduct our experiments, that is something to debate. When we will get the results, then we will be able to prepare a report that states the sanitary conditions on the planet (at least the areas visited). It seems that it is not the priority for the Rheinland government to solve the social and environmental issues on Planet Nuremberg so it is unexpected that we receive support from it. However, there would be a possible collaboration with the Bundschuh. I think it would be great to collaborate with them since they know better the reality of the problem and we are too few to really make the difference for the people of Nuremberg. However, this organization is illegal so we should be very careful so our interactions remain secret.

What do you think guys?

Dankien Moebus

To: Dankien Moebus
CC: The Seraphim channel
Topic: Planet Nuremberg

Thank you, Dankien. Your observations and samples you collected are an invaluable contribution to the project. I will wait for results of the lab analysis. Hope I could help with further assessment with what remains of my medical expertise.

As for working with Bundschuh folks. I'm OK about exchanging information with unlawful entity. We need to understand what is required on the planet to relief the population. How many people have to be evacuated. And which refuge is the most suitable.

There's a thing that we need to do prior to involve in evacuation projects like Nuremberg or Leeds: identify proper places to bring the people to. I will prepare a kind of list of havens across Sirius that are supposed to accept refugees. Some of them I know from my own experiences. Then I try to see how the things actually are around those places at the moment. I will present a report upon my return.

Mush over.

Topic: Ongoing projects

Hi all

I still don't have answers to questions but maybe you, Alex, could contact Maren von Westefeld or Helena Viermann at the hospital I visited on planet Nuremberg. They could have some answers. You will find more details here. For now, I will contact IRG to study the samples. Also, we have received some news from the Core. I understand they could host refugees but reports from the Order conclude the Core promote some kind of forced labor so I would not recommend we relocate refugees from Nuremberg to Core bases without further investigation.

Note also that I've contacted IMG to check their position regarding slavers (see here). How is it Jason with the other parties?

Dankien Moebus

Topic: The Core

Hi again,
This is an emergency message.
Due to the recent events involving the Core in omicron-delta, I propose we cease all contacts with them until the conflict is solved.

Dankien Moebus

Topic: Omicron Delta situation

Greetings, Seraphim

For the last couple of weeks I was involved in Omicron Delta system. Tried to provide relief for Zoners of Freeport 11. It's a huge mess. The station is severely damaged. Biodomes are destroyed. The station won't be able to sustain itself for months, as far as I can tell.

Many injured by explosions and decompression. Many more are dead. You know that kind of structural damage tend to kill instantly. I can't tell exact numbers. MedForce cruiser evacuated hundreds of wounded, as I understand, and still the med block is full.

During my stay at Freeport 11, we cooperated and coordinated with MedForce-3. Captain Cook even was so kind as to provide me with shelter and provisions for the time of stay. In turn, I worked in med block most of the time, helping MedForce and Freeport 11 medics to handle injured.

I used my small Voyager shuttle to sweep through Delta several times, with small to no success. The fights seem to moved elsewhere. Had one rather unpleasant encounter with the Core pilot. It confirms that some of those guys are not really reasonable at the moment. Log is attached below.

This conversation and its conclusion really upset me. I can only imagine horrors that could push someone into blindly following criminal orders and attack unarmed civilian vessel with clear medical designation despite the compliance and proposal of cooperation. Hopefully, those who command it will finally meet the justice.

The last thing, I managed to do a couple of deliveries to Freeport 11 in my spare time between sleep and handling casualties. Besides hauling a D.R.O.P load, I made a run to Omega-3 to bring back some stuff for repairs of the station's hull.

That's pretty much it. Thanks for your time.

Mush over.

Topic: Ongoing projects

Hi Alex

Thank you again for your involvement in the Seraphim projects.

The destruction of your vessel by the Core animals is really a sad news. Fortunately you made it alive. I will transfer you some funds to help you to buy another one. I'm just back from the Houses with a new passenger transport ship. I still have to finalize some paperwork but I will be back to business pretty soon.

I've been invited to a discussion about the strategy of zoners and their allies against the Core, I've transmitted you the invitation as well. So feel free to join.

I hope to see you soon in one piece,
Dankien Moebus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5