Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Atlas - What happened?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I decided to relive the old days of 4.85 by making an Atlas, which was my main trade ship back in the day. But when I bought the ship and launched, I saw this thing.

What happened? Did they change it by request? The old one looked more aesthetically pleasing imo, the current one looks like they deleted all the interesting bits and put a box in their place.

If enough people/the current faction support it, would the old one be re added?
Not sure what happened here, but the newer model is definitely a downgrade. Will consider reverting for sure.
Wow, i didnt even know the model had changed. I'm with ya. the old model is much better and more interesting.
The thing with the Atlas is the (Old Model) has a Bridge and that part of a battleship ontop of the transporter. Where as the new one is a transporter without the bridge. It is not a battleship so it doesn't need it. It's a transport ship nothing more nothing less.
(03-28-2016, 12:22 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [ -> ]The thing with the Atlas is the (Old Model) has a Bridge and that part of a battleship ontop of the transporter. Where as the new one is a transporter without the bridge. It is not a battleship so it doesn't need it. It's a transport ship nothing more nothing less.

I don't see how having a second observation deck equates it to a battleship when there are other ships that have the same sort of thing going on
I really miss the old Atlas
I thought it was changed to make it look more like a bulk transport rather than one that just transports gas.
Yeah what the hell I just noticed o_O Nice found there Reid. The old model definitly looks cooler.
I am disappointed about that models getting modified without notification and/or modeller permission.
I would like to add that Bottlenose got reworked canopy (windows), which definitely does not make it look better, and I bet that it was made without Jinx's approval. (But correct me if I am wrong).

Please make it clear what models recieve changes and why. Who does them and who implements.
(03-28-2016, 07:16 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was changed to make it look more like a bulk transport rather than one that just transports gas.

I can see that being a good reason, though if that is why they changed it, they could have done it a bit better. Like just swapping the spheres for a lower profile box and leaving the extra engines and possibly the second deck.

But then again, the Ptrain also looks like it's made to move gas
Pages: 1 2 3