Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Order and Core BS Powercores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Howdy All!

Well, as many of us know, the Omicrons are a scary, dangerous place.

It could also be argued, that it is a highly contested parsec of space.

Considering the nature of the Omicrons, the human factions there would have to evolve or die. New strategies are created. New technologies are implemented.

I propose the following: Fitting the Osiris and Mako with a medium BS powercore. Ideally the rest of the BS's properties would remain as is.

And here's the rationale:

1. Both factions implement some aspects of acquired Nomad tech.
2. Both factions have a very limited ZoI with BSes. While OP in respect to other human faction BSes, this would be a minor factor, since Order and Core wouldn't be engaging other human factions on a normal basis. It would be a potential waste of resources.
3. The Omicrons should be genuinely dangerous to all - including Nomads and infected factions.

Discuss.
The mako needs a med powercore due to its arcs and handling in combat.

The ossie doesn't however it's limited to 3 prims in most directions some places it can fire 4.

As it is the Osiris is one of the most balanced caps in the mod imo.

You are right w the mako tho.
+1

And gib Rabisu a fixed power core already
+1 for both
Nerf geb before the osiris gets anything

Although whilst part of me does want the Mako to get a med Core, your reasoning for it seems pretty shallow. It seems to be rp-based rather than balanced based. Whilst Order doesn't shoot factions other than Core and Nomads, Core is pretty much the activity carrier for most factions in the Edge Worlds so we shoot a lot of things.

I think at the least, balance wise Mako needs a med Core simply because it's as large as a med bs.
Wesker why you want Mako as OP ship? its a light BS it doesnt need a med core. #nerfgeb
(03-29-2016, 01:16 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Nerf geb before the osiris gets anything

Just turn it to battlecruiser as it was in the past (? or was it a cruiser :? not sure anyway)
(03-29-2016, 01:16 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]Wesker why you want Mako as OP ship? its a light BS it doesnt need a med core. #nerfgeb

5 prims drains your core in 5 seconds mind you that's only firing prims. Mix it w cerbs and it's worse.

It has the stats of a med bs the size of a med bs you may as well give it the powercore.
(03-29-2016, 01:16 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Nerf geb before the osiris gets anything

Although whilst part of me does want the Mako to get a med Core, your reasoning for it seems pretty shallow. It seems to be rp-based rather than balanced based. Whilst Order doesn't shoot factions other than Core and Nomads, Core is pretty much the activity carrier for most factions in the Edge Worlds so we shoot a lot of things.

I think at the least, balance wise Mako needs a med Core simply because it's as large as a med bs.

If we're balancing ships off of RP reasoning why can't I insta dunkirks with a single valor FG shot.

Also if that's the case than dreads should actually be way better than they are now.
The Mako is actually rather fine as it is now. It has more armour than the Osiris, similar primary arcs and better heavy arcs. Now it is more agile too. I mean, you obviously aren't going to turn your flank to the enemy, except if you want it slapped.
The Geb is also fine. The ship can't fire ANY primaries backwards! If you want it to be useful against Marduks, you are going to mount a mortar on one of them, and you are also going to be killed by a charging Mako with 2 cerbs. Maybe it just needs its turn rate toned down, if it still turns as fast.

And Wesker, if you can't kill an Osiris with your Mako, that's your problem, not of the devs! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5