Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Mister Yoshida, The Lane Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RNd8p8y.jpg]

Mister Yoshida,

Our talk outside the Freeport today had reminded me that I had previous dealings with your people before, and thus I believe it's time we reopen such a relationship. Though, I had not introduced myself today to you. My name is Joshua Hunt, the current figurehead of the group known as The Aegis Initiative. As I had informed you, our interests lie in that of the aliens, or Nomads, as they're commonly known. My past allegiances do not dictate who I am, so do not let that taint the foundation of such an opportunity. You said you had questions about us, right? Well, you can ask them here.

You already know the general idea, as well as where our strength sits, as I had informed you of the theft of the Cincinnati. We've grown significantly larger since then, despite the loss of our home facility in Omega-9, a bunker which was disguised as a Diamond refinery, serving as a front and primary source of income for operations. This loss, to clarify, did nothing but delay our mission, as we have several agreements with some people, as well as a logistics wing of our own, to provide us with the necessary funds to maintain ourselves. Now, you might be curious as to how we managed to remain secret so long. We don't operate with any identifying marks, only procedure. Our operatives come from all over Sirius, though mainly Liberty, like myself. I was previously a pilot in the Hellfire Legion, under Lord Commander Dane Kinnaird. I left in Eight-Nineteen (819 A.S) and have retained no connection to them. Secrecy is our greatest weapon, and we've used it many times.

Our vessels? We've maintained ties to some organizations and built on them to secure shipyard access in emergencies, or for standard maintenance if the need arises. These are, of course, connections I unfortunately cannot reveal, due to the security of my fleet and the danger it poses to those who have aided us. We utilize advanced sensor equipment, EM Trackers and Disruptors, as well as EM Wave Generators for stealth incursions. This technology is seen around Sirius, though remains uncommon. Our pride lies within our Frigates, utilizing advanced sensor arrays to serve as Recon ships, as well as Advanced Warning and Control (AWAC) vessels, with the ability of limited fire support and EM Wave Generation. They can move silently, without drawing too much attention, allowing us clear operational paths in to the Houses that would find our uh... Larger vessels, questionable.

Now, if I had forgotten anything, inform me, as well as provide any questions you might have. I'm also very interested to see the data you had promised me.

Sincerely,

Joshua Hunt.

|Signal Lost|
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Greetings Mr Hunt,

I see that you worked in the past with Mr Scorpius and briefly with Professor Hunter, which I believe these are more than enough credentials to demonstrate your loyalty.

You have also answered many questions I had about your Initiative, however I have a few more. I would like to know the systems which you frequently operate, or regions if you feel uncomfortable and want to be less specific. Furthermore I would like to know under which circumstances you would operate in Liberty. If that happens regularly then you would need to use a name tag or something in order to avoid any unintended issues with Lane Hacker operatives. Finally, I would like to know about the Initiative's stance towards nomad research. We know for certain that LSF and BDM spend many resources in illegal projects of that nature.

Moving on, I believe it's time to share with you the information I promised a few days ago. But before I do that, I need to warn you about some of your "friends". Don't trust Raven and her group. After speaking with the Guildmaster of the Core I have suspicions that she may still be working for her former employers, covertly advancing their interests. Anyway, let's go back to the original subject.

As I mentioned during our meeting, the information I have for you is not authentic. It was recovered from a computer during a raid in an apartment belonging to agents working for the nomads. This information was only a copy on that computer, which means a part of it or even its entirety could be falsified but we have no reasons to believe it was planted since we also recovered other information from that computer of even higher importance. This is just a warning in case someone notices the lack the authenticity.

But one thing is certain, Mr Enfield is dangerous.

Goodbye for now Mr Hunt, have a nice reading.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: RNd8p8y.jpg]

Mister Yoshida,

I apologize for the delay. You'll find that as of over a week ago, the Initiative has dissolved and merged with Battlegroup Auxesia. Despite your belief that she remains in the employment of the Core, both ours and their goals had become very similar, if not near identical due to our organization's close relationship. I can verify for you, that Auxesia is no friend of the Core, following a skirmish in Delta between Auxesia and Core forces, in which Auxesia had emerged victorious. While I note your warning, I find it unnecessary to be cautious around my friends and compatriots. However, don't let this deter any future views of communicating with us.

Auxesia, and the former Initiative fleet, had always been nomadic in nature. While it's true, the Initiative once had a facility in the Omegas, we've no intention of settling in one place for too long. We tend to operate across the sector, in small numbers. There's no grand plan or favoritism of the houses. As for operating in Liberty, due to the nature of Auxesia being declared enemies of the Republic, as well as being in possession of a stolen warship, we do our best to avoid Liberty space, unless absolutely necessary. What falls under that category is information collection and Alien incursion. Otherwise, we don't go there.

Lastly, Nomadic research... This is a touchy subject. Such endeavors in science are often deemed too dangerous to be left unchecked, and the House Intelligence Agencies frivolous waste of resources and time on Nomadic technology, over actively seeking a means to end hostilities is fueled by their nation's greed for power. It's a dangerous game they play, toying with things they don't quite understand, endangering their lives and the lives of others to develop new ways of killing each other, controlling their people, and overall subjugation. We're opposed to such, unless we ourselves are informed and able to monitor and secure the research from falling in to the wrong hands. Their technology is powerful indeed. Too powerful for any one man to control.

Now, the information, albeit not a verified source, is still invaluable, as it points to a wider picture in that investigation. I thank you for keeping your word. In the meantime, a response to your questions was not my only reason for sending this transmission today.

As I had stated earlier, the Initiative and Auxesia have become one organization, and I understand the Lane Hackers have had difficulties with Auxesia patrols interdicting your operations with the Maltese. This is, as I had told you, due to our strong dislike of the Maltese and the drug they produce, known as Cardamine. It's a substance that spreads through the houses, leaving anyone under its influence open to control of it's primary supplier, the Outcasts. A tool for slavery, in essence, as at any point in time they can see fit to put an end to supplying one area, leaving many addicts to die, or seek them out for another fix. Empowering their nation, due to their close religious ties with the Nomads, and their use of forced labor, is one major thing we are opposed to. While I'm not familiar with your negotiated deals with their leadership, I on my own behalf would ask you cease providing Cardamine to the people in Liberty. While I know such a request is in vain, I can't help but try.

Knowing that you've aided the Order, and remain in contact with them shows you're more than willing to support the fight against the Nomads, and while Auxesia and the Lane Hackers might have had their differences, we've decided to make an attempt to set those differences aside for the betterment of Sirius as a whole. Unfortunately, our relations with the Order have deteriorated, over a misconstrued situation in Delta, where an Osiris-Class Battleship was being rather invasive and disruptive, leading to the Core providing monetary compensation for our assistance. Such compensation is a key component in maintaining our fleet, as credits are an invaluable resource in these times. This situation, however, occurred prior to the merging of our assets, yet the Grand Admiral saw fit to hold me responsible for the actions of my allies. Their arrogance in such matters has demotivated us from seeking to further invest in diplomatic attempts with The Order, as we've no time to be shooting those we could see as friends. Note, we're not actively hunting one-another.

Consider this an olive branch, in hopes we might work together in the future once more.

Sincerely,

~Joshua Hunt.

|Signal Lost|
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Hello again,

My initial warnings about Battlegroup Auxesia were based on the fact that the Core personnel who defected did not find any kind of resistance or persecution by loyal Core forces. And as you just said, you were met with hostility only lately and only after you entered Omicron Delta, many months after the original defections. This is not a consistent pattern Mr Hunt, I am an analyst and I can say that much.

Before we even learned the existence of this new "battlegroup", before we even learned of their noble goals to fight the alien threat, your new colleagues had repeatedly attacked Lane Hacker smugglers while working as the mercenaries for the nationalist cell commonly known as Hellfire Legion. In fact, the absolute majority of their operations in Liberty and surrounding Border Worlds had nothing to do with aliens or infectees.

The Lane Hackers are the premier vigilant force in Liberty against the alien threat. With the LSF and LN delving in experiments of dubious nature in their restricted systems, there are not many who you can turn into for help in Liberty. However we can no longer work together or with any former Aegis member due to your new allegiance.

Mr Hunt, we cannot forget the damage that Auxesia has caused to my organization. However if that olive branch you are offering is true, if you truly wish to restore the damage that you have caused by correcting the mistakes of the past, then I will hear what you are offering.

Until that day however, combat vessels belonging to Battlegroup Auxesia will remain listed on our Job Board.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...