Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know how to rename the PO Bases? I tried just changing the name after pb_name in the file but it kept dumping me in the sun after rename of the base. I had to change it back and restart the server.
Anyone at all?
You are talking about a POB on this server or on another Discovery Server?
POBs cannot be renamed by the players, but only by the admins
It's not a very big deal, even can be done while the server is online then rehash the FLHook plugin but the admins required a sophisticated reason etc.. etc..
so good luck
They usually don't rename on request unless you give a very good reason, even then it is likely to have a huge price.
But even then.... if you were to change ownership completely of a station and want to change the name... why is it not allowed?
It would appear shutbug29 is not asking how to rename a base on the main Discovery server as a player, but how to do it as an admin of another server.
Yes. On my server. I edited the pb_name in the file but it didn't work so wondering what I'm missing. I can always create a new base, copy the name from that file and then kill it after transferring name to file needed to be renamed and copy it in at restart but that's a lot of work. Just wondering if there's an easier way.
Bump. I manually edit the files. Is there a program to make it easier or what?
You need to update the infoname setting in the base .ini, which is a conversion of the base name string to hex with each char dual-zero padded. For instance, a base with the name "Test" has this infoname setting:

infoname=0054006500730074

T = 54, e = 65, s = 73, t = 74

To change the name to "Testy", the new setting would be:

infoname=00540065007300740079

You can use this piece of code to do the conversion (same code used by FLHook), just update the string Testy to the desired base name.

Unload the base plugin, update the infoname setting, and load the plugin again.
Pages: 1 2