Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What takes precedence?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd really like to hear from admins here ... What takes precedence in regards to ooRP equipment/ships?
I would ideally say that the infocard should be the primary source of information for who can generally use what, and using common sense to boot. This will of course require extensive infocard edits to ensure that they're all up to scratch.

This is my own personal opinion btw, i'm not speaking for the entire admin team.
Based on the sanction history and such things, infocard seems to be the 'correct' answer. Ideally selling location would match. Vanilla doesn't really matter, since Disco is far different than vanilla in many ways.
Id have to agree with the 2 people above me, The infocard should be used to determine whether or not you can use a weapon or not. But since the infocard won't tell you everything, common sense and doing research should be used also, to make sure your in the right.
I'll also throw my lot in with the infocard. Many of the selling locations are bugged, such as Corsair turrets in the BHG guard system, while as Drake said, Disco is vastly different from Vanillia in some aspects. I suppose the only problem with relying solely on infocards is that RP standards change over time.

I remember when Mecanaries could fly Nomad Battleships with a assortment of weaponary from all over Sirius and escape the banhammer. Now you'd be sanctioned almost upon undocking. A good example of changing standards of Rp is the Battlestar infocard - it's written that one was sold to Orbital Spa and Cruise, but I'm sure that wouldn't sit too well with the community.
I would say infocard and selling location but this option is unfortunately not available.
Therefore just infocard.
Well, it seems 90% of people agree with me that the infocard is the way to determine what ship to buy with what ID etc. However, i agree with Dragonlancer that it depends on both where it is sold as well as the info card. eg: You can buy Order weapons at a Bounty Hunter base, even though the info card clearly says its Order weaponry. However, 'universal' weapons, such as Solaris, Razor and Inferno turrets do state they are from illegal origin but lawfuls are fully allowed to use them. Apart from this exception there is not many other times when the info card doesn't dictate what ship/ID one needs to use in order to equip the weapons.
Infocard for the most part, but not always. The Talarca says it's a good choice for well-to-do freelancers... Right, freelancers in cruisers, good show.

Selling location is a joke now. Supernovas in the middle of nowhere, Anubises on what.. Kurile? Kurile is really messed up. It sells a GMG ship as well, the Stinger, while it's a Samura base. The GMG cut ties to Samura, why is a Samura base the only selling point for a GMG ship?

Anyways, infocard usually rules, and should. For now, there are some problems even there, so it's tough, but once 4.85 rolls along, infocard AND selling point should make the difference.
Infocard usually, since some vanilla things have changed and selling location of some items is hard to explain via RP.

(Usually, there are exceptions.)
Infocards surely. Since we are 15y past Vanilla, things have changed and we do know that some base are selling OORP equipment (Order guns on BHG base) since I think Igiss use the same template for multiple bases
Pages: 1 2