Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BBCodes for colored tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having things like [table=#XXXXXX] and [td=#XXXXXX] in mind. Is it possible?

EDIT:

Am I doing it right?
what's that even, explain? What you mean with "table"
First example of a table that springs to mind would be the formatting used for the GMG diplomacy list.

AlliedFriendlyNeutralUnfriendlyHostile
Interspace CommerceBlood DragonsBretonian CorporationsGaiansCorsairs
Kishiro TechnologiesGolden ChrysanthemumsBretonia Armed ForcesLane HackersFarmers Alliance
ZonersBretonia PoliceLiberty RoguesHogosha
Gallic CorporationsMollysKruger Minerals
Gallic Royal NavyRed HessiansOutcasts
Gallic Royal PoliceSamura IndustriesXenos

This is a table. I would imagine Thyr is asking about the lines in the table being coloured.
Perhaps even a [tr=#XXXXXX] if we want to set the same border color for the whole row in one code.

Alternatively, since text inside the cells do not inherit external formatting, color codes around the [table], [tr] and [td] tags could also color the table and cell borders.

EDIT: I've just noticed though, that when replying (not quick reply) below the text box where you can review the lates n posts (afaik 10) table boundaries aren't displayed and text is like just floating there.
[Image: IXVVviA.png]

I guess I've found where in which .css I can edit this specific table, but I still got no clue how to connect it with php and bbcodes. Anybody any idea?
The only way I know how to dynamically change a .css is through a java script. But I'm not sure how that would integrate into bbcode or if it's even relevant.
I found this, is this relevant to what you want?

Code:
<head>
<title>Document Title</title>
<link href='YourCSSFile.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
</head>
<body>

<?php

echo "Here are the PHP tags you can put some PHP code into.";

?>

<div class='box1'>Some text</div>

</body>
</html>

Full Thread is here
I'm not sure, maybe. It would also be useful to know how plugin code looks like. And of course being sure if global.css is indeed what I think it is, and according to it's name it really applies to the whole forum.
(05-09-2016, 09:44 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: IXVVviA.png]

I guess I've found where in which .css I can edit this specific table, but I still got no clue how to connect it with php and bbcodes. Anybody any idea?

You will need someone to implement a custom bbcode for this, or modify the current table bbcode to add support for this.
Your best bet for this will be King Boo, I have no idea when I'd be able to spend some time on this.
We had a short talk, he didn't respond to my latest crazy idea yet.
Pages: 1 2