Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion: Unoffical Factions Section Rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, I am aware of the unofficial factions list. However, sometimes it is not updated and/or links are broken. This would be a much more simple and straightforward way to browse the section.

Currently, the whole section is a complete mess. Nothing is truly organized. To get straight to the point, I have two solutions to make the unofficial factions section more easy to navigate, therefore allowing people to browse these factions at a more efficient rate, which gets more players into factions, which eventually will make more official factions, which will enhance the RP experience.

Solution 1:
-Create a subsection for each type of faction forum. For example, a subsection for recruitment threads, a subsection for communication channels, a subsection for roll calls, and a misc. section.

Solution 2:
-Allow the forum section to be sorted and/or filtered with prefixes on threads. E.G. if someone posts a recruitment thread, a person can toggle a filter to only show recruitment threads, or toggle a filter to only show communication channels.

Again, I know about the unofficial factions list. Read the big red text.

I'm not sure about how much effort this would take to move ALL of the threads, but in my opinion it would be worth it to make the section more user friendly.
I recommend reworking this post, deleting the colours so it's easy to read.
#quoted and #approved
Good idea,
I prefer Solution 1
(04-12-2016, 12:40 PM)ThatOnePerson Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am aware of the unofficial factions list. However, sometimes it is not updated and/or links are broken. This would be a much more simple and straightforward way to browse the section.

The faction list works well, in the case if some faction leader is not bother to add his faction or provides broken links that's not the fault of the list really.
Agreed
Being able to have Prefixes at the start of each faction thread would be great. Just like the [Official Faction Event] or [Invisible] or [Request] (Can't exactly remember what they all were).

[Information]
[Role Call]
[Recruitment]
[Message Dump] or [Communications]

Things like that.
(04-12-2016, 02:39 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]Being able to have Prefixes at the start of each faction thread would be great. Just like the [Official Faction Event] or [Invisible] or [Request] (Can't exactly remember what they all were).

[Information]
[Role Call]
[Recruitment]
[Message Dump] or [Communications]

Things like that.

I would love this.
If you guys work together and send me a list with each prefix you'd be interested in seeing, what color you think would be best, and what section of the forums they should be able to be used in, I should be able to implement them.

It'll most likely be restricted to the official faction leaders I'll have to think about who should get them a bit longer. The places which legitimately could use sorting, may not be in the sections that faction leaders use since they get their own areas.., though it's more of a tool for leaders to use anyways in terms of usage.
Solution 1 sounds like a good idea. Please allow it to happen
Pages: 1 2 3