Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Spatial in Conn.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I recently went to Conn. for the first time in my E78-12 "Spatial" Civilian Deep Space Explorer, and encountered something odd. When I tried to enter the Jump Hole for fighters, I got the error message saying it was the wrong ship type. I checked out the others and found that I had to use the area for freighters. This seems odd to me since the Spatial is classified as a Super Heavy Fighter on the purchase screen, along with being able to mount Elite fighter guns. And having only 180 units of cargo space, it does not seem like a very useful "freighter" to me. Don't know if it's a bug, an oversight or just a mis-classification of the ship. It's not really that big of a deal for me since I rarely go to pvp there anyway, but I just thought you should know.
It's an oversight that occured mainly because almost nobody flies the ship, let alone goes to the Connecticut jumpholes. Whoever made the cargo limit forgot about the super heavy fighters class which is why you can't jump.

The main reason nobody flies it is that it's huge and slow for a fighter, so in 99% of the fights you get focused first and die within 5 minutes. Yes, it has good firepower and core, but the size ruins the ship completely. All super heavy fighters are subpar in pvp because of the same problem, which is why people prefer very heavy fighters.
The spatial remains a niche ship and hopefully that will be changed once the model gets an update. IF it gets one, that is.
I really miss the old one, import or not, but it was way better than the Titan overgrowth we have now. That and the damn guns are way too far apart for it to be useful in any combat situation.
Ah, I see. That's what I was thinking but just wanted to be sure. And yeah, it's a big ship, but I seem to do well in it. That's why I took it to Conn. in the first place. I wanted to see how it stacked up against real players and not just NPCs. Thanks guys.

P.S. Love the videos Spazzy, they helped me out ALOT as a newcomer to Disco. Hope to see more in the future.

Cheers.
Thanks, man, it means a lot to hear that. I hope to finish up a few of my WIP projects soon though, they have been gathering too much dust til now.
Awesome Spazz, I can't wait. I know it's a labor of love. You're not getting paid to do them and you obviously have a life outside of Disco, so that is totally understandable.
I have started the replacement for it this winter, it will be of the same style as Voyager.
But the question is when I get everything done to get back to modeling...
(04-17-2016, 12:07 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]I have started the replacement for it this winter, it will be of the same style as Voyager.
But the question is when I get everything done to get back to modeling...

A quite good and important question. You aren't the only one seeking an answer for that.
Exactly. Being mature and having responsibilities actually breaks my immersion.