Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Morph Logs: Hry'Kar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is so far my first actual attempt: Morph Log #1
I would gladly accept any feedback.
Today, I enjoyed a more interesting and less violent encounter in New Tokyo: Morph Log #2
Yesterday, I read about the visions and the characters used in nomspeak, and this time I tried harder to get the hang of it. It's still kind of awkward for me, so if I receive any feedback I will be really thankful.
Hello! Thanks for posting your logs. So far, there's not much I can work with in order to give you useful feedback, so more logs would be appreciated.
Just a couple of things I noticed, though:
*You use "Ours" at the beginning of most of your phrases. Try to come up with more words for referring to yourself.
*"Love" is not something we express in the same way humans do. Nomads are pretty immature in terms of that, so wishing love as a farewell to a person, or expressing love towards our creators is not something you'd normally see; it's not entirely wrong, it just seems a bit out of place, at least to me. I would avoid using that expression, unless a human explains that to you and it makes an impact to your nomad.

I hope to see more logs from you!
Yesterday I had a bigger encounter which involved an Outcast, a Zoner, a few AI ships as well as fellow Nomads: Morph Log #3

// P.S. 15/05/2016 - Update - This and Morph Log #4 were not a success, refer to the newer logs since they are relatively longer and more detailed.
Here it is from today, was scouting Freeport 11, noticed some Rheinlanders with Nomad Remains in their cargo. They were accompanied by a freelancer. Moments later got killed by the Core: Morph Log #4

// P.S. 15/05/2016 - Update - This and Morph Log #3 were not a success, refer to the newer logs since they are relatively longer and more detailed.
Okay, so far this is probably my longest and (self-proclaimed) most successful log so far. Happened in Omicron Delta again, 10k away from Lichtenfelde Complex, tried to make better use of visions: Morph Log #5
I'm starting to feel more confident and I try to make sentences longer. Here it is from today: Morph Log #6
Today I had my longest encounter so far, the whole thing lasted a little more than an hour, involved one Navy ship, another nomad, three Order ships (a battleship, a fighter, a freighter) and a Dragon ship, took place in Omicron Minor: Morph Log #7
Today's encounter was rather short, but I did my best at getting the most out of it - visions, longer sentences, trying to use different words, etc: Morph Log #8
I'm actually impressed. Those are very good logs. It seems you've capured the best from other nomads and K'Haras' speech into your own. Just a few comments:

-Try to come up with more ways for saying recurrent words in your speech, such as "children" and "darklings".
-Instead of saying "Outcast" when referring to the faction, say something like "Orange-dreamers", "Spirit-seekers", or "Sons of Ishmael" (bonus points if you know where that last one comes from).

Keep up the good work.
Pages: 1 2